PDA

View Full Version : Workout / Diet Critique

KoolMan
06-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Me :

280lbs
22 years
Desk Job

Have worked out on and off my entire life so I have some underlying undefined mussel. My main goal at this point is to loose fat.

Diet Low Carb (keto)

Breakast : 3 eggs scrambled with a little chese and about 1 cup milk

Lunch : 4 - 5oz Lean Steak or Chicken

Snak : Walnuts

Dinner : 6oz Lean Steak, Chicken or Ground Beef with 1cpu lettuce

Lots and Lots of water.. even with this diet and a little bit of catsup I still make those keto stix turn color!

Work Out :

Day 1 :

Bench 3x10
Incline Bench 3x10
Bicep Curls 3x10
Lat Puls 3x10

Day 2 :

Squats 3x10
Leg Curls Front 3x10
Leg Curls Back 3x10
Calf Raises 6x10 (3 inside and 3 outside)

Day 3 :

Bent over row 3x10
Upright Row 3x10
Tricep Pushdowns 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

Day 4 & 5 Rest

Shao-LiN
06-17-2002, 03:31 PM
5-6 meals a day would be optimal (every 2-3 hours).

Add in some cardio to help cut.

Jane
06-17-2002, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure how many walnuts and how much cheese you're eating, but make sure you get enough calories.

Right now, with whole milk, 5oz of chicken, 6 oz ground beef, and 1 cup of walnuts you're coming out to about 2000 calories.
I'm not sure of your height, but you're probably burning at least 3600 calories a day. That's looking at about a three pound loss a week, which may be a little too fast in terms of sparing muscle.

How do your workouts feel?

KoolMan
06-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Yea, Allong with the Home Gym I just got I also decided to get a punching bag ( I did a little boxing when I was in my teens) I have it mounted and everything so I will be hitting that for about 20min on my "rest" days.

KoolMan
06-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Height 5' 10"

My workouts feel good.. My first week of this I was pretty sore but I just finished my 2nd week (I also just started the diet this week) and now I get a really good pump after my work out with little - 0 soreness the next day. I could easly fit in a few more exercises but I don't want to over work out now that I am starting again..

I have been using skim milk not whole milk.. also, when is a good time to weigh my self I flux all day long some mornings I am 187 and other mornings 180 normaly by pm I am at about 184 or 183 ... I don't see any weight loss yet but I have only been workong out for 2 weeks now and only weighing my self for about 5 days... so I guess that's normal ... but I am getting strech marks all over my stomach and allong my sides.. :(

freztek
06-17-2002, 03:55 PM
looks as though you have lost 100lbs since the start of your thread. Whats your secret? lol

KoolMan
06-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Heheheh ops... replace the 1 with a 2... :)

Vido
06-18-2002, 11:48 AM
Add in more veggies to your diet if you want to stay healthy. Also, milk is a poor choice when cutting because of the sugars it contains.

KoolMan
06-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Yea, I was reading some stuff in the low-carb news group and I decided to drop the milk all together... I'm also trying to use less and less catsup every day to make more room for some greens.

I started eating 2 salads per day with black olives (I hear these are good sources for nutrition).

I want to be at arround 180g protien per day (maybe more? less?) but it seems I am having a hard time getting that many carbs.

Also, is it wise to add some ranch dressing to my salag to get some extra fat? Or should I look at some alternatives (for good fat)?

I also cut the walnuts because they have WAY too many calories in them and not enough protien.