PDA

View Full Version : raw eggs

tonelo26
08-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Is it safe to throw a few raw eggs in ur postworkout shake? Does anybody do this?

Invain
08-23-2012, 07:12 AM
The risk of salmonella is actually pretty low. I've read that raw eggs have a lower protein bio-availability as opposed to cooked, though I haven't looked for any actual studies/proof to back this claim up.

I don't really see the point in using raw eggs tbh. There's always going to be that small risk of bacteria. Since you mentioned this is a post-workout shake, I would add that whey protein would probably be better suited.

Bruiser
08-23-2012, 11:39 AM
I use raw eggs a lot, about a dozen a day. Just easier. But you don't want to use them in your PWO shake because the fats will slow down the digestion of the protein and PWO you want protein quickly.

KevMcGreat
09-03-2012, 01:55 PM
try pasturised egg whites all the protein with no risk

Shawn Bellon
09-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I have used them. Still do from time to time. Never had an issue that I am aware of.

ThomasG
09-04-2012, 05:26 AM
I eat about 15-25 raw eggs a day. I definitely look fuller and get stronger when I do this.

Holto
09-04-2012, 01:53 PM

This way you get the activation of proteins with adivin and you avoid any potential risk. It's also really convenient to just twist off a cap and pour.

Bruiser
09-04-2012, 02:42 PM

I use to use that as part of my "to go meals". I'd bring a can of sweet potatoes and a carton of egg whites. No need to heat either, just open em up and you're good to go!

Zacharry
09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
i have used raw eggs many times there is no harm in using it but the persons whose liver is weak must not use it as it may cause loose motions as its raw so takes bit time to get digest. but raw egg is best source of proteins in it as by boiling them proteins get burned. raw eggs can be used daily twice ,thrice

Holto
09-05-2012, 09:07 AM
i have used raw eggs many times there is no harm in using it but the persons whose liver is weak must not use it as it may cause loose motions as its raw so takes bit time to get digest. but raw egg is best source of proteins in it as by boiling them proteins get burned. raw eggs can be used daily twice ,thrice

Look up adivin & eggs & heat.