PDA

View Full Version : -=Whats your Diet like when Cutting?=-

freztek
06-17-2002, 10:54 PM
I am 6'2 230lbs "don't know my bf% yet" and currently trying to get down to 210. I haven't got my diet totally down yet but have been learning tons from this board and made alot of improvements thus far. Can you guys and gals please post your personal days diet when you are cutting?
-=FreZ

WannaBeStrong
06-18-2002, 06:13 AM
Check out some online journals.

I have my base diet included. Since I've added more vegetables and less grains.

YatesNightBlade
06-18-2002, 09:10 AM
IN GENERAL :-

Cutting out crap and carb manipulation.

gopher
06-18-2002, 10:32 AM
50% protein, 20% carbs (mostly from veggies) and 30% fat (flax, nuts, salmon, natural PB) about 2400 cals to diet down to 200 lbs. I also have two carb up days per week where I take in about 150 grams of carbs before bed. These carbs come from oatmeal, yams, and a banana.
God I love carb up day when I am dietiing!

freztek
06-18-2002, 10:53 AM
why eat more carbs on certain days?

Tiare
06-18-2002, 10:55 AM
40 to 50% carbs, 30 to 40% protein, 20 to 30% fat with high amounts of cardiovascular and less caloric intake than output.

Effectiveness of most diets is body dependent. Some people do well with different types of diets like isocaloric or low fat or high fat or whatever. Mostly just start by cutting out refined sugars and fast carbs like white bread and make sure you get some of each food group in each meal. Almost everyone does better with less refined sugar.

Vido
06-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Tiare
make sure you get some of each food group in each meal.

What does this do? IMO a good meal while dieting is a fatty source of meat, such as salmon or beef and some veggies. This does not include all food groups and if it did, would not be nearly as effective.

MRJ
06-18-2002, 12:52 PM
I just finished a cutting diet. I used a 35p/45f/20c breakdown over a 17 week period. 2,500 calories total the final week.

For reference here's a day:

Bfast-

2 whole eggs
1 slice cheddar cheese
25 grams oatmeal
1 oz. raisin
8 oz. 1% milk
8 oz. coffee

AM Meal-

2-3 oz. turkey breast
1 slice swiss cheese
20g peanuts
8 oz. 1% milk

Lunch-

4 oz. tuna
40g celery
1 tbs. Ranch Dressing
1 slice whole wheat bread
20g peanuts

PM Meal-

Replicate AM Meal

Supper-

4 oz. lean beef
50g lettuce
40g celery
20g sweet pepper
75g tomato
1 large carrott
2 tbsp. Ranch Dressing

Prebed Meal

2 oz. turkey breast
2 tbs. canola oil
8 oz. 1% milk
20g peanuts

I'm doing this from memory, but you get the idea.

Post workout I consumed 12 oz. fruit juice with a couple servings of Whey protein, which was not built into the above diet, but was in excess of. (post workout doesn't matter your body won't store this intake as fat due to the depletion of muscle energy)

Whenever I want to up/down in bodyfat I simply manipulate the total caloric intake and do so by adjusting the amount of fat/carbs. consumed.

I always maintain 1g/1lb of protein, but may go higher as the caloric intake increases whist bulking, but not over 10% more than my total bodyweight as (in my opinion) excessive protein intake is simply a waste of money.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

freztek
06-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Thanks all for you replies. Got another question, what is the leanest part of beef? I asked the butcher at the market and he said London Broil. I just want to make sure I eat the leanest...is he right? Any others?

MRJ
06-19-2002, 11:39 AM
The "Broil" seemed very greasy to me . . . I wrote it off as an experiment. Some prefer "Flank" Steak.

I usually purchase "Eye" of Round or "Top" of Round.

Cooks-up nice, is easily prepared (seasoned, tenderized and marinated) and reasonably priced. I trim excess fat myself.