PDA

View Full Version : 405 Deadlift Form Check (PR)

marleau
08-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey guys just wanted you to critique my form! I will rep the good criticism, thanks guys appreciate it.

cS9MgNXYf80

AidZ
08-29-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm no expert and certainly not as good as most members of this site but for what it's worth your form looks fine to me. There's nothing that I'd say needs changing; maybe someone else might offer critique, however.

RFabsik
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I'd try deadlifting in a non-squishy no elevated heel shoe.

You look pretty good, but it seems you are being pulled slightly forward. Also notice how on the way down you have to move the bar around your knee. Ideally, your knees should be out of the way with shins more vertical at this point. To help with that, try to get your butt back more. Getting into a flatter more stable shoe might help with this too.

Kiaran
09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Looks pretty good, bro. Strong as hell. What do you feel like you struggle with (I mean what are you worried about on your form)?

Here is my two cents and what has worked for me:

1) Close your stance a bit on conventional. The more perfectly I can align my hips, knees and ankles when I look straight down, the stronger (that's just my preference). Same thing on your hand to shoulder placement.

2) Don't waste energy fiddling around down at the bar before your lift. Get up to the bar, find your foot placement, center your mind and go.

borracho
09-20-2012, 07:18 AM
2) Don't waste energy fiddling around down at the bar before your lift. Get up to the bar, find your foot placement, center your mind and go.

Thats spot on...Grip and rip.

marleau
09-21-2012, 11:44 PM

I feel that's a huge problem of mine. I'm so worried my grip will be off if I just go and giver hell lol but I guess I have to just stop wondering and try it out.

hearno
10-28-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm new obviously so maybe someone else can chime in but your head looked too far up/back, like you were trying to watch yourself. I know one thing that helps me is picking a spot on the floor 5-7 feet in front of me and looking there instead of looking at myself in the mirror. It's just a more natural position and it takes some of the strain away from the neck muscles.

MrAdviceMan
11-23-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm new obviously so maybe someone else can chime in but your head looked too far up/back, like you were trying to watch yourself. I know one thing that helps me is picking a spot on the floor 5-7 feet in front of me and looking there instead of looking at myself in the mirror. It's just a more natural position and it takes some of the strain away from the neck muscles.

Everything was said by others. Let me elaborate your point. At the bottom position, you don't want your head cocked up... your whole spine is being loaded and you want to keep that spine straight or a very sight curve either way.

Make those improvements and post again. Good luck with your training... you won't get hurt with the form you have, but improvements can be made.

Bruiser
11-23-2012, 09:38 AM

This ^! It's how I put 90 lbs on my DL in under 3 months. I stopped fucking worrying about it! Sounds stupid, sounds simple... but it's true. I walk up, place my feet, and don't even grab the bar until I'm ready to rip it off the floor. It's one of the best lifts ever because you don't have to over think your technique. Say "Fuck It" and just go.

I feel that's a huge problem of mine. I'm so worried my grip will be off if I just go and giver hell lol but I guess I have to just stop wondering and try it out.

You're looking strong as hell man. Keep up the good work bro.

andhen2003
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
just be careful that your arms are straight if you just rip it off the floor using an over/under grip. i blew out my bicep doing that because my arm had a slight bend in it. i've actually found i focus on form better when i don't do so. but that seems to be a matter of personal preference. i agree with the comment about closing your stance. if your arms are hanging more straight down the bar has less distance to travel. otherwise looks good. but i'm a so-so deadlifter, so take it for what it's worth!