PDA

View Full Version : Corey Hayes - SPF Pro am

corey_hayes
08-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Here is my meet video from Saturday, ended up with a pro total and a sore ass back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXkvYohnBhQ

jmccown
08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Good job man. I thought about doing that meet but I'm holding off till the record breakers meet in November.

tmor6
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Nice lifts. I'm curious about your deadlift though, compared to your bench, it seems low. Don't get me wrong, this is more of a mega compliment to your bench than a dig at your deadlift. I figured you be pulling at least 800 given your squat/bench. What are your thoughts on this? Is your deadlift lagging behind, or are your bench and squat just really solid?

corey_hayes
08-27-2012, 03:22 PM
My bench was a little lower than expected actually, i pulled my pec minor 5 weeks out and havent been able to really train my lockout at all, as those movements stress it the worst for some reason?

Deadlift... This was a complete salvage of a training cycle for deadlift, i originally planned to go sumo and trained sumo the entire time until i ran into some grip problems (hitting my leg and opening) so i had to give it up 4 weeks out, pulled conventional twice with heaviest being 585x3 lol

so really, deadlift was good considering, next time i will be in the 7's though, both bench and deadlift