PDA

View Full Version : Hips locking during squat

Soni
08-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Just wondering if any one has this problem as well as me. I have been box squatting for last 3 years or so and it has given me great gains and carry over onto my comp squat. What has started to happen recently is that when I set up and start sitting back, I get to just above parallel and it seems like my hips just lock, the decent completely slows down and the few extra seconds it takes to reach box is zapping the speed and power that I have coming off the box. It's becoming a staggered decent . Has anyone experienced this?

J L S
08-27-2012, 09:11 AM
sounds like a mobility issue to me, im far from an expert but, (in fact I know very little in that respect) but id imagine its a combination of tightness in a few muscle groups down there. Try foam rolling/stretching more often your I.T bands/glutes/hamstrings/hips and see if it alleviates a bit...

have you got any video's!?

BloodandThunder
08-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Open up your foot angle if you're pointing too far forward.

Some static stretching beforehand like hip flexors and elbows against knees can open up the hips. Static stretching is important if you can't get into proper positions and mechanics are altered, hence a decreased power output.