PDA

View Full Version : What is carb backloading and does anyone do it?

synonymous
08-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I did a quick Google search and all I got were adverts for me to buy the guides for how to get ripped while eating burgers and fries the whole time.

Is this kind of it: Eat protein and fat morning and afternoon, lift, eat high carb dinner? And if so, what are the benefits of this? How many carbs are you eating in this sitting? Do you actually eat maybe more than one meal like a carb bedtime snack? And arethey healthy carbs (Not ice-cream and pies) that you're eating?

FearFactory
08-30-2012, 02:25 PM
http://articles.elitefts.com/nutrition/carb-back-loading/

I hated it when I tried it. Constantly felt like absolute shit during the day and the massive amount of carb intake at night gave me severe panic attacks (srs).

Some people have had success with it...I just found it a huge pain in the ass. BRB in 3 hours eating 4 cups of rice for dinner.

J L S
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
In a very basic way, you've got the gist, no carbs throughout the day just protein, and fats. After training you load up on carbs.

You can manipulate the diet to be as clean or as dirty as you want/need it to be depending on your goals, just like any other diet, dont make it any harder than it really is. There are plenty of articles out there and keifer is a very clever man. Check out the dangerously hardcore website, The mentioned elitefts post above, and some of mark bells power project video's on carb back loading and carb night, there are also plenty of other articles, quite a good one written recently with something to do with arnie too.

Other than that, buy the book. Plenty of people have had success with it, and its growing more popular by the day.