PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Diet . . . The more I eat, the more I need !

MRJ
06-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Anyone have similar circumstances when eating BIG ?

Seems like once I begin bulking, the more I eat, the more I need to eat.

Eventually, it gets to be a job to shop-for, prepare, store and feed myself all this food and it never seems to end.

Lets not even talk about what it costs to eat clean and BIG.

Thoughts . . . ?

Vido
06-18-2002, 06:45 PM
No one ever said bodybuilding was cheap or easy. I don't quite understand your question though. Do you mean that your metabolism speeds up due to the constant feeding or you gain weight and therefore your daily calorie requirements change or something entirely different?

Qea
06-18-2002, 09:39 PM
I feel the same way too. Once I started eating more solid food rather than supplements, my appetite has gone up. Get hungry real often too

several reasons, i believe:

1. when you gain weight (hopefully mostly lean), basal metabolic rate goes up. i.e. you need more calories.

2. your body is accustomed to the pattern and size of meals. Basically if you are used to eating every 3 hrs, after a while, your body will start sending hunger signals at those intervals

MRJ
06-19-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Vido
No one ever said bodybuilding was cheap or easy. I don't quite understand your question though. Do you mean that your metabolism speeds up due to the constant feeding or you gain weight and therefore your daily calorie requirements change or something entirely different?

I'm not bitch'in, just stating an observation, but it is getting to be decision time with regard to just how much is to much.

To clarify the question . . . The more I eat (calories) the more I need to eat. Customarily by the end of a cycle I'm at the point where I seemingly can not quench my appetite.

Believe it or not I look forward to cutting, just to get a break from all the work of eating BIG.

MRJ
06-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Qea
I feel the same way too. Once I started eating more solid food rather than supplements, my appetite has gone up. Get hungry real often too

several reasons, i believe:

1. when you gain weight (hopefully mostly lean), basal metabolic rate goes up. i.e. you need more calories.

2. your body is accustomed to the pattern and size of meals. Basically if you are used to eating every 3 hrs, after a while, your body will start sending hunger signals at those intervals

Agreed.

Vido
06-19-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MRJ

I'm not bitch'in, just stating an observation, but it is getting to be decision time with regard to just how much is to much.

To clarify the question . . . The more I eat (calories) the more I need to eat. Customarily by the end of a cycle I'm at the point where I seemingly can not quench my appetite.

Believe it or not I look forward to cutting, just to get a break from all the work of eating BIG.

As long as you are not getting fat from all the eating, then the only issue at hand is really the cost of food. If this isn't a problem then I don't think you really have one. Eating big is the best part of bodybuilding. Eating is not work, unless you are force-feeding (which you are clearly not) or the foods you are consuming do no taste good (which may be the case). Assuming, however, that you enjoy the food you eat then you should be overjoyed at the fact that bodybuilding is "forcing" you to eat BIG.

Fudomyo
06-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Your metabolism is affected by exercise and what you eat.

Eat more equals more metabolism. More often, more metabolism. More fiberous vegies, more metabolism.

Luckily it's easier to build muscle at a higher metabolism.

Fudo

MRJ
06-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Fudomyo
Your metabolism is affected by exercise and what you eat.

Eat more equals more metabolism. More often, more metabolism. More fiberous vegies, more metabolism.

Luckily it's easier to build muscle at a higher metabolism.

Fudo

Would not persons with a higher metab. have increased difficulty maintaining a positive energy balance ?

Would this not make it increasingly more difficult, not less so, to gain lean body mass ?

Enlighten me, please.

I'm here to learn.

Fudomyo
06-19-2002, 06:27 PM
I never said it wouldn't be difficult.

If you eat clean, low GI carbs, plenty of protein, then you will be more likely to gain muscle, and not fat. Some people will eat 10 meals a day to keep that positive energy balance, as you call it.

Then all you have to get right is muscle stimulation, and recouperation.

Hope that helps,
Fudo