PDA

View Full Version : New carb cycling plan. Expert's opinion?

06-18-2002, 07:24 PM
I designed a new dieting plan for myself. Its a fairly balanced macro diet with the main component being carbohydrate cycling between 100g and 200g every other day, and one refeed day on saturdays at about 400g.

Weight training days - 3x/week:

Calories = 2000
Carbs = 200g = 40%
Protein = 200g = 40%
Fats = 44g = 20%

Cardio days - 2x/week:

Calories = 2000
Carbs = 100g = 20%
Protein = 225g = 45%
Fats = 78g = 35%

Off days - 1x/week:

Calories = 1800
Carbs = 90g = 20%
Protein = 202g = 45%
Fats = 60g = 35%

Refeed day and weight training - 1x/week:

Calories = 3000
Carbs = 412g = 55%
Protein = 262g = 35%
Fats = 33g = 10%

Everytime I cease to lose 1lb in a week week, I'll drop cals by 50-100 each day and adjust the macros accordingly to maintain the same percentages. My goal is to get down to 8% bf by Aug 1st. I'm currently at ~11-12%.

Experts please give me your opinions.

the doc
06-18-2002, 09:41 PM
I think it is a good idea but perhaps you will want to time your "up" days to coincide with hard work days like squat and dead lift days. I dont see any reason to do the 100-200 cycling except for this reason

Vido
06-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by the doc
I think it is a good idea but perhaps you will want to time your "up" days to coincide with hard work days like squat and dead lift days. I dont see any reason to do the 100-200 cycling except for this reason

I'm not sure what you mean by "coincide with" hard work days because if you mean carb up on those days then you are wrong. You should have more carbs on non-workout days so that you refill the glycogen stores between workouts. I suppose if you workout in the morning then the hearty amount of carbs will contribute to this goal, but if you are using the carbs for energy for the workout then you are going to be sadly disappointed. Your body uses mostly yesterday's food as energy for the workout. What you eat before on that day won't have even been digested yet.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-19-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Vido

I'm not sure what you mean by "coincide with" hard work days because if you mean carb up on those days then you are wrong. You should have more carbs on non-workout days so that you refill the glycogen stores between workouts. I suppose if you workout in the morning then the hearty amount of carbs will contribute to this goal, but if you are using the carbs for energy for the workout then you are going to be sadly disappointed. Your body uses mostly yesterday's food as energy for the workout. What you eat before on that day won't have even been digested yet.

:withstupi

Avatar, i think it's a good idea, but isn't 44g fat on weight training days a little low?

Anyhoo, be sure to let us know how it goes. :)

ElPietro
06-19-2002, 06:56 AM
Whatchu been up to you lurking mofo?

06-19-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Vido

Vido, my workout days will look like this:
Meal 1 high carbs.
90 minutes later, workout.
Meal 2-5 high carbs.
Meal 6 high fats.
All meals will of course contain adequate protein.

So the way I have it set up is meal 1 will fuel most of my workout, and the next 4 meals will be used to shuttle as much nutrients back into the muscles as possible. My goal with this new plan is to hopefully gain or maintain all my current muscle while SLOWLY cutting down the bodyfat. The lower carb, cardio and off days will be used primarly for fatloss.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Avatar, i think it's a good idea, but isn't 44g fat on weight training days a little low?

Anyhoo, be sure to let us know how it goes.

Ya Rob, 44g is low on those days but when you average out the week, excluding the refeed day, I come up averaging 58g of fat in 1967 calories which equates to 27% average / day.

I'll keep ya posted. I also got something I wanna send ya on msn robboe.

Originally posted by ElPietro

Whatchu been up to you lurking mofo?

Been working like a mofo and trying in school (for once).

Btw pete - I broke up with my girl so no moving in for us this summer. Oh well, I'm going to college full-time this fall. I'm looking forward to some new :hump: for a change.
Her and I decided to stay best friends with benefits. ;)

ElPietro
06-19-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Avatar
Been working like a mofo and trying in school (for once).

Btw pete - I broke up with my girl so no moving in for us this summer. Oh well, I'm going to college full-time this fall. I'm looking forward to some new :hump: for a change.
Her and I decided to stay best friends with benefits. ;) [/B]

Oh man, sorry to hear that...I know how close you two were...oh well I guess it's better to discover these things earlier rather than later eh? Coulda been a lot more complicated had you realized this after going to the next level. It's good that you guys can stay close...I'm like that with one of my ex's...although the benefits stopped long ago. :swear:

Feel free to come for a visit to toronto sometime...maybe we can organize a big drinkfest with some of the members here. I know Calahan is here and Sav isn't that far off...not sure who else is around but it could be fun getting some meatheads together. :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Andrew, send away :)

06-23-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Feel free to come for a visit to toronto sometime...maybe we can organize a big drinkfest with some of the members here. I know Calahan is here and Sav isn't that far off...not sure who else is around but it could be fun getting some meatheads together. :D

Sounds good to me bro. Lets do it when we're all bulking and wipe out that new Krispy Kreme donut shop in Mississauga before going out partying. :D