PDA

View Full Version : carb question

gaz90
09-02-2012, 02:40 PM
hi, this is my first post! so ive decided to go on a low carb, 25%. out of my 6 meals, how often should i eat carbs? so i initially thought every second meal...or is it better to space the carbs out over 5 meals -since my sixth meal is just before i go to bed... any suggestions, thanks!

synonymous
09-02-2012, 10:33 PM
A low carb diet can still mean a lot of carbs depending on how much you are eating. I think most on here will measure in grams not percentages. I think you will also be asked what your diet looks like, as in what does a day in food for you look like.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think depending on your goals it's more of comfort thing. If you can hit the gym hard with few carbs in your system, then maybe try backloading them (You'll find a thread on that in here). That means saving all your carbs till the end of the day. Or if you feel the need for carbs with every meal or eo meal then do what feels good. Carbs aren't your enemy. It'll come down to total calories in versus out.

That said, I'm on a low carb diet (low for me) at under 150 grams per day. I split them up so that I get enough in before I go to the gym and enough in as post-workout. The rest just fall into place where I feel I need them based on what day it is.

bgb1990
09-03-2012, 12:04 PM
you can do low carb based on percentages, but as said before we need to know more of what your diet looks like, calories, food etc. based off of what you have given so far i would say definitely put carbs before and after you workout as synonymous said and you can either just eat the others whenever you want. personally i like having carbs with breakfast to get the day started. i find that works well im my experience

gaz90
09-05-2012, 04:40 PM
thanks for the responses. i will use them pre and post then go by feel for the rest.