PDA

View Full Version : Eggs......good or bad?

nero
06-19-2002, 12:09 AM
I am confused about what benifits do eggs have on bulking.Some say its good others say it does not benefit your bulking.Though ihave met people who strongly recomend eggs during bulking especially for those who prefer to stay away from supplements.Help me out on this plzz.And if I consume egg,how many per day?I am sure many people out there have tried eggs.THX.

g-dot
06-19-2002, 12:25 AM
People recommend eggs for those who choose not to buy supplements because they're cheap and they're real food. As far as bulking goes they have a place in a bulking diet simply because they're cheap, easy to eat, easy to bring along places to eat boiled and are a good source of protein. There are other health benefits to eggs as well. Anyway as far as how many eggs you eat. Well thats up to you. Eat as many as you want. As far as cholesterol goes, that's an argument that has yet to be settled so I suggest you use your head. Don't a dozen eggs a day for months on end. Id say 6 whole eggs a day is fine and you can eat however many whites you want on top of that.

someoneunlikeyo
06-19-2002, 12:25 AM
eggs are packed with protein, which are esential for rebuilding muscle. they say you need 1g of protein for every pound in your body per day, for good gains. 1 large egg has about 9g of protien, times that by 5 you got 45g of protein (not to sound sacastic) and a good start to a day :)

also, eggs are a cheap source of protein, for a buck fidy you got over 100g of protein.

some people take the yolks out or just leave a couple because of cholestrol

someone

freztek
06-19-2002, 01:04 AM
I boil a bunch up and keep'm in the fridge for easy access for breakfast or small meal. Good eats...but man, today they gave me some raunchy gas...lol.

nero
06-19-2002, 08:16 AM
Take a look at this page http://my.webmd.com/content/article/1676.50058
Is the stuff that they hve written true?Or is just another sh***y article.Its quite well known that protien plays an important role in building muscle..........then what these people trying to say.They gotta have some good reasons to say what they are saying.

YatesNightBlade
06-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Eggs are the best source of protein bar none.

Tryska
06-19-2002, 09:01 AM
just don't eat them raw, huh? ;)

WannaBeStrong
06-19-2002, 09:21 AM
Am I the only one who noticed the study they quoted was from the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society?

hemants
06-19-2002, 09:25 AM
1. Eggs are second only to whey in protein biological value.

2. Eggs are high in cholestrol so more than two a day should be taken with caution. If your diet is otherwise low in saturated fat then it may not be a problem.

3. The WebMD article says that extra protein ALONE will not build muscle. However, there are studies to show that resistance trained atheletes require more protein than the average joe. But since atheletes also require more calories than the average joe, it's debatable whether they need a higher percentage of calories from protein. Everyone's metabolism is different. Here's a good article on the matter :

http://www.mikementzer.com/proteinparadox.html

I'd say that 20% of calories is a minimum for protein for a bodybuilder.

millertime
06-19-2002, 09:27 AM
Eggs are f'n great, I eat 3 whole eggs every morring. Sometime 3 or 4 more for a snack later in the day.

Jane
06-19-2002, 10:17 AM
All egg questions can be answered here:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=55

:)

millertime
06-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Jane
All egg questions can be answered here:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=55

:)

What came first the chicken or the egg ? :D

IceRgrrl
06-19-2002, 10:21 AM
If you're worried about cholesterol/fat, then separate the yolks out or do the old "mostly whites with 1 or 2 yolks" trick.

Tiare
06-19-2002, 10:39 AM
Egg omlett with 3 whites and 1 yolk using safflour or olive oil is great! Eat it with fruit or over cracked wheat toast and you have a very good meal.

Egg whites contain about 3g protein each and the yolk contains about 3g protein and 4g fat. Whites have no cholesterol but the yolks have high cholesterol (if for some reason you are worried about that).

Eggs digest relatively slow and break down to amino acids over a very long period of time. Cassiene (cottage cheese) is slightly slower and whey is much faster.

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 10:46 AM
Eat the whites as people have said before. The comments that you are receiving are right on. Man, I eat a 18 eggs atleast every day. That is 7 cartons per week. Only seven bucks.

Cheap!!

chevi97
06-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Normally I just have 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs for breakfast and that is just fine for making gains without gaining phat

freztek
06-19-2002, 05:38 PM
AFreakyMutation
Eat the whites as people have said before. The comments that you are receiving are right on. Man, I eat a 18 eggs atleast every day. That is 7 cartons per week. Only seven bucks.

Can 18 eggs a day??? Wow, you must have some nasty gas! lol:eek:

Toxx
07-01-2002, 08:03 PM
" I usually take a "powernap" when I come home from school!"

Joke:

There's an egg laying in a bed, with a very relaxed, almost satisfied look on his face. To his right, a chicken grumpily rolls over, pulling the sheets away from the egg.

Chicken: "Well, that answers THAT question"

=P

Toxx
07-01-2002, 08:03 PM
Umm, oops. I could have sworn I copied Millertime saying "What came first the chicken or the egg?"

Anyway, that's what I was refering too. .