PDA

View Full Version : Sumo Deadlifting footwear

navid123
09-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Do you fellow sumo pullers feel that shoes are of benefit to a sumo deadlifter ? I usually go with socks because I don't want the extra range of motion, but maybe I am missing out by not using shoes . Thoughts please ?

Dank27
09-05-2012, 05:31 AM
For me i love my converse for squatting and pulling

Bruiser
09-05-2012, 05:46 AM
For me i love my converse for squatting and pulling

I agree. That's the only shoes I own. One pair for the gym, one pair for every day and one pair for dress (yes, black Chucks for dress shoes! Lol).

Soni
09-05-2012, 08:34 AM
i always pull in socks and wear slippers on comp day , i just feel alot more solid that way

Buccos1
09-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Do you fellow sumo pullers feel that shoes are of benefit to a sumo deadlifter ? I usually go with socks because I don't want the extra range of motion, but maybe I am missing out by not using shoes . Thoughts please ?

I've been pulling sumo for about 3 years now and have worn socks, slippers, Minimus shoes, slightly-elevated shoes, and Chucks. I liked training with socks, but have been to some meets that have had different surfaces for pulling, which made it feel a lot different from what I was used to in training. With the Chucks, the surface change wasn't that big of a deal. Now, I always pull in Chucks, and think all-around, they are an awesome shoe!

ScottYard
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
I'd wear Slippers if I didn't have my metal squat shoes. They are like slippers. Shame they aren't available any more.

navid123
09-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I'd wear Slippers if I didn't have my metal squat shoes. They are like slippers. Shame they aren't available any more.

How much do the metal shoes add to your ROM, I have been thinking about getting some. I use slippers because I dont want that extra ROM.

ScottYard
09-05-2012, 07:49 PM
How much do the metal shoes add to your ROM, I have been thinking about getting some. I use slippers because I dont want that extra ROM.

The heels are like an 1/8 of an inch thick. I don't think they make them though.

navid123
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
The heels are like an 1/8 of an inch thick. I don't think they make them though.
I found a website that sells metal gear in Canada, and they carry the shoes. So do you believe they are worth the investment ?