PDA

View Full Version : Different Types of Powders?

Tryska
06-19-2002, 09:04 AM
so i got into it a couple days agow with some guy about whey vs milk&egg protein.

he said that whey was far superior to milk and egg. In my mind, i would rather the albumin and casein, then just plain whey. granted whey has a higher BV, and is quick-release, but is it truly "superior"?

EasyGino
06-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Isn't whey produced from eggs?

Tryska
06-19-2002, 09:11 AM
no from cheese processing.

ElPietro
06-19-2002, 09:13 AM
It depends on what you are using it for. Post workout I would say whey is superior. Before bed milk&egg is superior. Any other time I see no advantage to one or the other.

big calvin
06-19-2002, 09:39 AM
i like blends more then just str8 whey. to me it also taste better.

i about 75% of the time have either whey shake or steak after a workout(it depends how i feel and what i ate before workout) and i switched to a blend of protein shake. and i feel stronger in the gym. it could be something else but i cant think of anything so im going by what the shakes i changed.

btw its pro complex protein powder.

Hellrazor
06-19-2002, 10:11 AM
I agree with el pietro, except why wouldnt egg&milk be better than whey for throughout the day? Why would you take whey, unless you take it like every 1-2 hours because like you said it`s quick release.

It`s like saying dextrose would be no different to consuming low gi carbs throughout the day...( well sort of lol ).

Egg and milk is slow release so a combination of proteins all the way except post workout is my opinion.

I like to take 2 protein sources in each meal, if not possible I take amino tablets as they`re quite cheap.

thalapathi
06-19-2002, 10:13 AM
Tryska- A 4 part series by Lyle, starting with what the different types of protein are. He also talks about the differences between each of them and their advantages and disadvantages. There are a lot of references for each of the articles.
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/protein-01.htm

HTH

IceRgrrl
06-19-2002, 10:23 AM
I use whatever is affordable and tastes good...don't sweat the rest of it. I eat mostly real food with protein powder as a supplement and as a late day meal...

Hellrazor
06-19-2002, 10:29 AM
Me 3. I even use soy....dun dun derrrr * closes eyes and waits nervously as the entire wbb crew line up with rifles, rocks and ninja trouts all aimed at my head *

Qea
06-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro
It depends on what you are using it for. Post workout I would say whey is superior. Before bed milk&egg is superior. Any other time I see no advantage to one or the other.

:withstupi

there's no 'absolute best' protein. Different situation calls for different kinds of protein with their own characteristics (e.g. slow vs fast digestion)

'cept soy. gives me man-titties

:D

Tryska
06-19-2002, 08:25 PM
cool.

wanted to make sure i was looking at him all crazy for a good reason. hee hee.

thalapi i'm gonna give that article a read. thanks man.

KoolMan
06-19-2002, 08:43 PM
I guess I don't understand... What's wrong with Soy why is Whey better then Soy? I use a protien powder that is made from soy seems to work for me.

KoolMan
06-19-2002, 08:50 PM
Since I didn't know anything about this subject I did some research this is the best article I found

http://www.sover.net/~timw/soyvswhy.htm

Clark
06-19-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro

:withstupi

YatesNightBlade
06-20-2002, 01:48 AM
:nod: