PDA

View Full Version : Would i be Better off eating my calories as opposed to drinking

KevMcGreat
09-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Currently i drink atleast two litres of low fat milk a day which is roughly 800 calories i would like to know if i would get better nutritional benefits if i was to reduce my milk intake and use the saved calories with an extra meal

Holto
09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
This is generally more relevant when cutting. During a cut you need the satiety that solid food provides. If you aren't cutting I don't feel it's relevant. Drink up!

Zacharry
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
yes saving it for extra items in your diet may be beneficial but it mainly depends on what kind of diet you are taking if it is rich in minerals,protein s etc then it may be beneficial otherwise you must carry non with your milk drink milk

DoUgL@S
09-06-2012, 10:03 AM
While I like milk, if I was in your situation I would benefit greatly if those 800 calories were in the form of a rib-eye. mmm

As long as drinking those 800 calories are not negatively affecting your ability to get your dietary needs, then go for it.

tom183
09-06-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't see it making a difference unless, as Holto said, satiety is an issue for you.

Behemoth
09-07-2012, 12:20 PM
While I like milk, if I was in your situation I would benefit greatly if those 800 calories were in the form of a rib-eye. mmm

How so?

DoUgL@S
09-07-2012, 12:25 PM
How so?

Because I like rib-eye. It is not a generalization for the general populous. That is why I said I. Much rather eat rib-eye than drink milk. Milk is good too though.

Although there are reasons why this would apply in the general sense, such as peoples different levels of sensitivity to milk and potential resulting gut permeability.

miguel7
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't see it making a difference unless, as Holto said, satiety is an issue for you.

Cause less food can put your body in shutdown mode and it will try to save fat not burn it

DoUgL@S
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Cause less food can put your body in shutdown mode and it will try to save fat not burn it

Same amount of food, just liquid vs. solid.

RobmoriRB
09-12-2012, 09:03 PM
well this is how I look at it, if you drink most of your calories all you got to do is piss is out and then go back at it, with food it taste alot better to eat 3000 cals then to drink it. I would split it in half