PDA

View Full Version : Freaky's "Time Under Tension"

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 12:46 PM
This is a journal of dedication to puttin' on the mass. I know that I started the other one but I couldn't keep up with it. I know that the workouts haven't changed at all, I'm still livin' "HEAVY!!"
My goals will be posted from now on in sig, along with my personal best. This journal is a tracker of my progress and to help stay strict as I am sure that you all will keep me in line.

My "OVERALL GOAL" is to be 215-220lbs and under 10% bf or better still seeing my abs by the end of December. This is from the starting weight of (5/17/02)158 from the contest weight. I am currently 4 weeks into my regimen and I am now fluxuating between 180-183lbs right now.

I have a written journal that I have been keeping and I will post the past 4 weeks as well as the up-n-coming so be ready.

About my workouts, they are all "TUT", TIME UNDER TENSION. This type of system is not only about the concentric movements but the eccentric as well. My training partner and I call it "QUALITY REPS 'N' SETS!!" That's my opinion, and that is the way my body has responded best. I've only been in the "IRON GAME" a short time seriously and I have made my best gains in these past 4 weeks that I have ever made. All things that are posted by me are the TRUTH, no need to lie, nobody is that important.

Pix, Stats, Personal Best will always be posted. Usually each month maybe more.

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 01:03 PM
"TUT TRAINING" ALWAYS TO FAILURE!

Day 1: Chest, Triceps.
Day 2: Quads, Hamstrings
Day 3: Delts
Day 4: Calves,Abs, Forearms
Day 5: Back, Biceps
Day 6: Rest.
Day 7: Rest.

Chest,Triceps
Incline Dumbbell Bench, Decline Barbell Bench, Flat Barbell Bench, Dumbbell Pullovers

Quads & Hams
Squats, Stiffleg Deadlifts, Abbductors, Adductors

Delts
Russian Military Press, Russian Arnold's, Upright Rows, Rear Delt Machine

Calves, Abs, Forearms
seated calve raises, standing calve raises
Weighted Swissball Crunchs, Ab Isolator Negatives, Weighted Hanging Leglifts
Reverse Dumbbell Forearm Curls, Behind the Back Forearm Curls, Supinate & Pronate, Weight Rollup

Back'N'Biceps
Weighted Palms Away Pullups, Deads, One Arm Rows, Shrugs
Incline Dumbbell Curls, Arm Blaster Cambered Bar Curls, Spider Curls, Hammer Curls

Supps.
B-6
B-12
Glutamine
Vitamin A
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Green Tea
ZMA
BCCA
Creatine

stantheman
06-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Why do you have your rest days consecutive? Is this really better than breaking them up?

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 02:02 PM
stanttheman, I like having two days together because I feel like I can sleep in a relax completely. I think in all in all that I have realized that I put such a pounding on my body that the rest two days in a row is a necessity. I don't think that necessarily one in better then another I think it depends on the intensity and strain you put on you body and how well it reacts.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 02:26 PM
Good luck man!! Ill be keeping up with your journal.

What are you going to be keeping here in your journal? Diet, training, supplements?

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Monstar I am going to post diet, training supplements, the 1st and 2nd Day After Workout Feelings(Soreness), and Workout Summary. I think that will cover alot.

If you have anyother suggestions, please let me know.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 03:09 PM
The only other suggestion that I can think of is maybe sleep. Its real important for bodybuilding obviously and it will be interesting to see how sleep affects your workouts etc.

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I guess I will that, the rest factor is a big deal in your performance. Appreciate and now have noted the suggestion.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 04:19 PM
Posted in AFreakyMutation's signature
Age: 23 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 183 lbs. | Years Training: 6months(serious) | All-natural: Yes
Chest: 44" | Shoulders: 50 3/4" | Upper Arm: 16 7/8" | Forearm: 12 3/4"
Waist: 30 1/2" | Upper Thigh: 24" | Calf: 15 1/4"

Are these are your real stats? If they are then holy f*ck man you gotta be solid. Your like 20 lbs. less than me with stats all bigger than mine. That doesnt really make too much sense because I am not carrying that much fat.

I mean maybe more than I should but, well I dont know. You have only been training 6 months!!?? :eek::eek:

I have trained 6 years and you trained 6 months and your stats are all higher than mine. Now thats a damn shame. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MS

MonStar
06-19-2002, 04:23 PM
I just checked out your pics and are you sure that your stats are accurate? I am sure that they probably are but you look extremely lean in the pics that you posted. Almost like shredded but not a lot of size. Almost 17" arms and weighing 180 lbs. is pretty rare.

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 04:28 PM
Monstar, that is why I made sure that I put what I put in my journal. I know that I am a true GENETIC FREAK and things are hard to believe. I don't really put fat on when I bulk as well. I have some "I-DON'T-UNDERSTAND-IT-GENETICS-BUT GLAD-I-GOT'EM" type of stuff. People at the gym always ask me if I am on steriods, or what I'm taking, or what I'm eating. Its cool but its hard defending yourself as well.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Okay good point bro.

It is very very hard to believe that you look the way that you do and arent either on some kind of anabolic, or something. I wouldnt say that its impossible by any means I would just say that its very very rare.

Just my $.02. You have some extremely impressive lifts also man! What was your strength like when you started bodybuilding?

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 04:47 PM
I know the pix that I had before I never was over 174, I had 16.5" arms then, and the ones right before contest I was 163 and had 16"arms, just funny like that. I am now on a whole different workout and I mean its heavy and I eat SO MUCH more then I ever have. So puting on the mass hasn't been hard, YET!! I am still about 6-8%bf right now also.

I've always been stronger then I looked, kinda deceiving. I was always strong on squat and not so much in the bench area. My shoulders have always been a strength as well, and my back I have done well with as well. I think that my body just reacts to whatever I do to it. I'm frighten sometimes by it myself.

people tell every week that I am bigger then I was last week. That helps me keep a permanent mental smile. I am going to post pix very soon of the month of progress that I have made. I will post them right here in the journal with the other pix so you and others can make a comparison.

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 06:01 PM
5/19/2002

LIFTS
"T.U.T."- Eccentric and Concentric Training
1st Incline Barbell Bench(4)205x8,8(+2fr),6(+3fr),5(+3fr)
Decline Barbell Bench(4) 235x 7,5(+3fr),5(+2fr),4
Smith Flat Bench(4) 225x6(+2fr),6(+1fr),5(+1fr),3(+3fr)
Dumbbell Pullovers(4)70x7,7,5(+2fr),5(+2fr)

skullcrushers
weighted dips
close-grip bench
tricep pressdowns

Food Intake
Perfect Carb Drink- 440cal
Belgian Waffles w/ powdered sugar
w/ added maple syrup
egg white (8)
Ham
Potatoes(farmer or country style)

(Supps.) Taken @ 11:35am

Pork Loins (3)w/ Gravy
Baked chicken Wings w/ gravy
Mashed Potatoes 3/4 cup w/gravy

Sweet potatoe pie (2 slices)

Popcorn(microwaved)
frozen snickers

WORKOUT SUMMARY:
Worked out hard, pretty intense due to it being my first day back after competition. Jeff(my training partner) was there to push me. I thought that the intensity was great. I weighed in just for fun and I am now 164lbs...up from 158lbs. Quick how your body sucks up calories when you starve it. Well, looking to improve each work out.

Day 1 After Effects-
Sore in the Triceps area-feels tight & knotted( more in the rightside) Sore in the Chest- tight & sore when flexed, other than that light sorness when relaxed.

Day 2 After Effects-
DOMS settles in triceps heavily today. Knots have thicken and became sensitive to the touch, it even hurts to even bend my arms.

Day 3 After Effects-
Tricep still have some pain other than that my chest seems to have recovered completely.

Jane
06-19-2002, 06:43 PM
I subscribed to this journal as soon as you made it. :) I'm really interested in seeing how your training and diet go along, since I'm sure you'll achieve all your goals--it's just a matter of when.

Thank you very much for the nice comments in my journal, I really appreciate it. :) Really made me smile.

MonStar
06-19-2002, 07:11 PM
AFreakyMutation-
If you achieve those goals I will seriously give you a TON of credit. +200 lbs. dips, seems impossible.

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 10:37 PM
Jane, thanks for the support. I love to see your post you are always so positive.

Monstar, the +200 on dips can't be impossible, someone has done it and or gotta do it. I feel it should be me. Its a goal, not a have-to-do-it-or-die kinda thing. So I set my goals high, if I reach them great if not no big deal, then I will strive for it the next time around.

MarshallPenn
06-19-2002, 10:49 PM
Oh sh*t, now maybe I might have to start a journal too!

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 11:05 PM
5/20/2002

LIFTS
Smith Squats(4) 135x12,225x8,315x8,365x5
SLDL(4) 135x12,185x10,205x10,225x8
Adductors(4) 200x10
Abductors(4)160x10

Supps@10:00am

Food Intake
Turkey Polish Sausage-11oz (5.5x90 cal)
Perfect Carb Drink (440 cal)
7 egg whites
4 BBQ Hotdogs
2 BBQ Hamburgers
2 PB Sandwiches
4 Pieces of Turkey
Red Sauce Pasta
Sweet Potatoe Pie 1 1/4 Pieces

Workout Summary:
I felt that the work out could have been more intense and I was feeling the weight out. I feel like this was kinda of a wasted day. I should have made progress but I think that I have kept myself at a stand still. I know that I have to be more intense and keep my focus regardless and have basically no fear when stepping out to the weight.

Day 1 After Effects-
DOMS settles in later than usual areound 12:20pm. Quads & Hams are tight. Hams are tight when bending over or stretching. Quads are tight when flexed just alittle. I am that I have some soreness even though I feel that I slack on my workout.

Day 2 After Effects-
DOMS has now settled in. IN the Inner Thigh from Abductors, and outter thigh near the hip flexor area. It is a little sensitive to the touch from Adductors. Some tightness still in my hams. the Quads feel as if they have healed completely.

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 11:06 PM
Marshall you are truly a character!!

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 11:27 PM
5/21/2002

LIFTS
Overhead Press(4) 115x10,135x8,145x6,6
Arnold Presses(4)55x7,55x4(+3fr45x6(+3fr),45x5(+3fr)
Upright Rows(4)
Bentover Rear Delt Raises(4)30x12,12,10,10

Supps@10:00am

Chicken Breast w/ Ranch Dressing
Grilled Toasted Bread
Large Imos Pizza (Bacon'n'Sausage)
XXL Mass Gainer Drink-1090 cals
One Piece of Sweet Potatoe Pie

Workout Summary:
Felt like I could lift the gym today. I think that supps have finally cycled through my body. Felt stronger and bigger than usual. Worked out with good form and high Intensity.

Day 1 After Effects
DOMS didn't or hasn't set in the Delt area. Not sure if the workout coulkd have been pushed harder. Actually it could be and can be pushed to a higher intensity. Come on Freaky get it together.

Day 2 After Effects
DOMS Never really set in That really pisses me off. I know that it doesn't mean that it was a wasted work out, but I like the soreness feeling. Shoulders really never get that sore with me any way. Damn come on.

GeneticallyGifted
06-19-2002, 11:41 PM
5/22/2002

LIFTS
Ab Isolator Negatives(4)"the rack"
Weighted Swissball Crunches(4) +25

Seated Calve Raises-(5)125 (w/ applied resistance and strip sets
Standing Calve Raises-(5) Load up the Machine-"failure"

Supps@9:35am

4 hard Boiled Egg Whites
1 Snickers
2 Chicken Breast
Red Sauce Pasta
Pecan Nuts
2 Saltine Crackers
3 Tsp. Of Peter Pan PB (creamy)
1/2 XXL
1 PB & Wheat Bread Sandwich
1 Snickers
1/2 Gallon of Milk
3 Large Scoops of Raspberry Serbert(Fat Free(YEAH RIGHT))

Workout Summary:
Worked out moderately hard, could have done more and much harder. I believe I am going to serioously go INSANE looking to achieve "DOMS" everytime. I know that the intensity level can rise. Its going to happen soon and I mean it now.
Day 1 After Effects
Abs where alittle tight the of exercise but not so much the day after. Forearms and Calves are tense,(calves more) a good feeling of course.

Day 2 After Effects
Calves burned more than the prior day but not the pain That I was wishing for.

rookiebldr
06-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by MarshallPenn
Oh sh*t, now maybe I might have to start a journal too!

Yep, haven't you heard everyone is doing it.

MonStar
06-20-2002, 12:31 AM
AFreakyMutation-
Are you going to update all the way until now from May 22nd or whatever? :eek::eek:

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 10:26 AM
Yep, I have had a journal that I was writing and I will just transfer that stuff onto the WBB journal. Its only 4 weeks or so. Nothing that big.

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 11:30 AM
5/23/2002

LIFTS
"T.U.T"-Eccentric & Concentric Training
(1st) Deadlifts(5)245x8
"Never have done Deads Before!! Yikes
One Arm Dumbbell Rows(4)75x8
Weighted Pullups Palms Away-(5)+25x6(+2fr), x4(3fr), x3(+4fr),x2(+3fr) 1(+5fr)
Shrugs(5)275x10,8,8,8(+2fr)

*Biceps where supposed to be today but I was to drained from this workout to even give 50%effort.*

Change of pace. Supps with be taken in @ night. Im going to start working out when Jeff (training partner) is working @ the gym. I push myself harder when he's around and I know my form is better.

Food Intake
2 Pancakes w/ log Cabin Syrup
2 Sausage Patties
6 Egg Whites

1 Large Pork Steak w/ BBQ Sauce
1/2 Gallon of Milk

3 1/2 Pancakes
4 Egg Whites
Plate of Hashbrowns
Ham

Workout Summary:
This workout was SO INTENSE!! I enjoyed the pain and the sweat that was running thru me and on me. I LOVED every mintue of it. This workout sets the tone and INTENSITY LEVEL for every other workout. I was completely drained, at the end of this workout. I dragging to my car. OMG:omg: Gotta be one of the best that I have ever had. Deads I have never done in my life are tearing up my lower back, my erector spinae is going to be screaming for the week. I'll be walking around like someone kicked me in the ass or something. GOD, this is the best feeling.

Day 1 After Effects
I thougt that "DOMS" would be settling in quickly, that I would be walking sort of hunched over. Well, the whole back are is tight...Not as sore as I expected or hoped. Lower Back is tight and stiff but not a serious pain, YET! Medial and lower traps have shooting pains when are folded or rotated back. That a GOOD pain.:D Sitting up straight causes some pain as well. I believe tomorrow "DOMS" will have moved in totally. (2:46pm) "DOMS" has set all over the upper trap. They are starting to become tense and very tendure to movement. Biceps even feel tweaked some due to back work workout. Any flexing causes minor pain at the least. Oh, yes its getting worse.

MonStar
06-20-2002, 11:37 AM
What is your diet like man? Just tons of everything or what? How many calories etc. are you taking in each day?

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 11:54 AM
The dates above are the week right after my competition and anything that I wanted to put in my mouth I did. Food was something that I had been missing, so I pigged out on all goodies. As the weeks go by the Diet gets better, but early on they Diet was not very good. I didn't care I just wanted to eat the things that missed. My diet right now is cleaner, and I am trying to put down 5000+ a day, put that is truly hard. My weight is stagnet right now because I don't have a Mass Gainer Supp. Drink. I need something heavy got some recommendations?

MonStar
06-20-2002, 12:00 PM
NLarge always seemed to work well for people you might want to try and give that one a shot.

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 12:03 PM
How many Calories does it provide? Rough Estimate, if you got one.

MonStar
06-20-2002, 12:13 PM
I dont know man... I am thinking somewhere close to around 400 or so per serving. I think. I might have to check up on that for you.

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 12:28 PM
5/24/2002

LIFTS
Incline Dumbbell Curls(4)30x"failure"
Preacher Curls-(4)65x"failure"
Spider Curls(4) 50x"failure"
Seated hammers(4)25x"failure"

Supps @ 8:00am ( had to do biceps this morning couldn't get them in last night. )

Food Intake
4 PB Sandwiches
1 large Plate of Red Sauce Pasta
3 Chicken Breast w/ Garlic Mashed Potatoes
4 Archway Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
3/4 Cup of Pecan Nuts

Workout Summary:
The back workout yesterday set the tone for all workouts but this workout is moving toward PERFECTION! This workout was great for the start. Each workout is going to be better than the last. Bicep workout, doing Time Under Tension, there is nothing that can compare to the pain. The workout has raised the bar of intensity another level.

Day 1 After Effects
The day of theis workout my Biceps were already sore, the after was even worse. My biceps feel as if they are tearing apart when the are is extended amd in the flexed position. This feeling of "DOMS" is great.

Day 2 After Effects
"DOMS" has made my biceps its home. It has settled in very nicely, creating an EVERLASTING PAIN. Sensitive to the touch, movement, stretching, and any arm function. It has been truly a great pain to feel.

MonStar
06-20-2002, 12:30 PM
Damn man youre doing a lot of volume. Has high volume always worked for you?

16 sets just for your biceps? :eek::eek:

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah, actually it has. I think I have toned it down quite abit. Man, before I knew anything about anything I was doing tons of volume, mile high volume. Well, we live and learn,right?

MonStar
06-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Yeah thats the truth. I dropped my volume from around 16-30 total sets for each bodypart down to 6-10 total sets for each bodypart. Working well my strength is really increasing like crazy. :D:D

MS

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 12:52 PM
5/25/2002

OFF DAY!!!!!!

Food Intake
6 Egg Whites
2 White Toast (Buttered)
1 Bowl of Chicken Chili
1 Chicken Breast
4 Pieces of Fish Baked
4 Applebee's Honey BBQ Ribs
1 large plate of Red Sauce Pasta

Off Day Sorness Areas
biceps
Back(all over)
-lower lats
- Rhomboids
- Medial Traps
- Lower Traps
Forearms are tight

Off Day Comments
Feels good just to relax and have a day off, even though I spent my day in the gym. How funny, I get a day away from the gym but I spend it talking a hanging out there. I guess you can say I'm dedicated.hehehe:D

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 01:17 PM
5/26/2002

LIFTS
[I] Incline Dumbbell Bench(4)75x8
Decline Barbell Bench(4) 195x7
Flat Dumbbell Bench(4)75x4, 65x8
Dumbbell Pullovers (4) 80x10,90x10,90x8,100x4 1/2

Skullcrushers
Weighted Dips(4) +471/2 x4(+4fr), 4(+5fr), 3(+4fr), 2(+3fr)
Tricep Pushdowns-130x5(+4fr), 5(+6fr), 5,(+3fr), 3(+3fr)

Supps@ 11:30am

4 Ribs
1 large plate of spagetti (red sauce)
1 hot link w/ white bread
2 1/2 Sp. of Baked beans
7 Snickerdoodle Cookies
1/2 White Cherry Icee
Movie Nachos
1 glass of Orange Juice
2 pieces of White Bread
1/2 Pig Snoot(Grilled)
(ALL MEAT W/ HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE)

Workout Summary:
The day was fantastic!! I was Focused and Pumped @ the same time. The more weight the more I focused. I tried to have perfect form and make quality reps and sets each time. To do it right, I realized how hard it is, and how much I wanted this on this day. Intensity is becoming Insanity.

Day 1 After Effects
Chest was in extreme pain. "DOMS" had settled in quickly and much worse than the last time. It was sensitive to the touch. Pain was caused when the chest made its basic movements or functions. The pain is a freat feeling but it also is something you wish would go away, but I don't mind it can stay alittle longer.

Day 2 After Effects
The pain became alittle more intense. When stretched the pain intensifies, or flexed the becomes brutal almos, like a shock or being stabbed quickly.

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 01:54 PM
5/27/2002

LIFTS
Squats (5)335x7 1/2
SLDL (4)275X6

Food Intake
3 Pieces of French Toast
7 Egg Whites
2 Butter Toast(White Bread)
1 large 8-10oz Steak
Spagetti w/ Red Sauce
1 Large Rib
Plate of Baked Beans

Workout Summary:
Workout was good, very hard, even though it was a comparibly shorter day than the rest. I was so exhausted from Squats and SLDLs that I couldn't do the Abbductor and Adductor machines. This day is short as I said before but it kicks my ass from the very beginning, I mean IMMEDIATELY. This day is like a love/hate relationship. Intensity high, and focus was good. We're on a roll.

Day 1 After Effects
I understand legs are a big muscle group, but I am looking for the pain or "DOMS" that henders my walking ability today. By all means I do have some pain and tightness in my quads, my glutes, and alittle in my hammys when touching my toes. The point is that I don't want to beable to walk straight and I can. There is pain that runs through my mid and inner thigh, mostly enduring it in the glutes. Depending on how I'm standing I feel pain in certain areas.

Day 2 After Effects
Quads have tightened up some and my glutes have added soreness. Other than that everything seems to be the same.

Legs have now opened the door to "DOMS." The pain in my glutes has gone up a couple of knotche. A new pain has arisen in the inner thighand also concentrated in the hamstrings area. "DOMS" is making itself a home and I appreciate it.

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 03:17 PM
5/28/2002
LIFTS
Russian Military Press(4)125x Russian Arnold's Press(4)45x Upright Rows(4)105x Bentover Rear Delt Raises(4)30x

Food Intake
10 Egg Whites w/Flaxseed Oil
Hot Link w/BBQ Sauce
1 White Bread
1 Chicken Leg
1 Chicken Thigh
1 Snickers
1 XXL Supps. Mass Gainer Drink
2PB Sandwiches
1 Chicken Leg
1 Chicken Thigh
1/2 Plate of Spagetti
6 Chicken Wings & Legs
1/2 XXL-545 cal

Workout Summary:
Workout Intensity was good, didn't enjoy it as much as some other days, but overall it was ok. My Focus, Form, and Intensity is getting better with each workout.

Day 1 After Effects
Almost as expected "DOMS" hasn't really set into this muscle at all. IT seems to be tight in the insertion of the of the deltoid, also a small twinge in the upper traps, nothing to jump up and down about.

Weigh-In: 174lbs movin' up like the Jeffersons'

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 03:51 PM
5/29/2002

LIFTS
Seated Calve Raises
Standing Calve Raises

Ab Isolator Negatives
Weighted Leg Raises
Weighted SwissBall Crunches

Reverse Grip Curls
Curls
Supinate/ Pronate

Food Intake
8 Egg Whites
4 Chicken Wings
2 Skinless Chicken Breast
1/2 XXL Mass Gainer Drink
8oz Sirloin
1/2 XXL Mass Gainer Drink
3/4 Box of Special Fried Rice Chinese Food
8 Chicken Pieces

Calves Workout Summary:
Short but very Intense. All exercises were done correctly. Legs where trembling and shaking. I tried to perform each rep with perfect form regardless of the pain and shaking in my legs. I thought that my focus was good.

Abs Workout Summary:
Workout was good, Extremely Intense and focused when performing these exercises. Trying to take abs as a first rate muscle. Doing them as hard as Back and Chest Day. Level of determination is moving up.

Forearms Workout Summary:
Kinda took a back seat to the rest of the workout. But when they were worked it was done to failure. Could have been better will admit that.

Day 1 After Effects
Some soreness in the forearms even though they took a backseat to the workout. I guess I did stress them enough for some growth.
Calves didn't burn like I would have liked them too, but where tight when trying to stretch them. "DOMS" has slightly made its mark, but of course I expect more.

Day 2 After Effects
"DOMS" has come. Its a tolerable pain but much worse than yesterdays. "DOMS" has even settled in worse as the day continues. Very good, its what I want.

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 04:23 PM
5/30/2002

LIFTS
Weighted Pullups(5)+25x"failure"
Deads(4)280x6
One Arm Dumbbell Rows(4)70x6
Shrugs(4)205x"failure"

Food Intake
4 Egg Whites
3 Pieces of French Toast w / Maple Syrup
1/2 XXL
1 ArchWay oatmeal cookie
1/2 XXL
4/5 IMOS Pizza

Workout Summary:
Workout was INTENSE!!! But the workout seems draining. Jeff even asked if I was tired, but really wasn't, I was there to work but I just couldn't get it going. I think that I picked it up when we did DEADS and shrugs which was great. I think that I would rather have BB Rows or Heavy-Ass TBar Rows instead of One Arm Rows. The Workout was good, I was focused and ready to go and I am enjoying it quite abit, improve each time, everytime.

Day 1 After Effects
Lower Lats are tight, and medial traps, well the lower back is tight from Deads but bet the pain gets worse. Nothing new, "DOMS" settling in slow or barely setting in at all.

Day 2 After Effects
Lower Lats are still tight, lower back extremely tight, when stretching arms foward. Rhomboids showed or displayed some soreness, which is very nice to feel. To sum it all up "DOMS" is all over my back area.

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 05:16 PM
5/31/2002

LIFTS
Incline Dumbbell Cursl 40x8(+4fr, +2AR), 5(+2fr, +3AR), 5(+3fr, +3AR), 35x6(+4fr,+5AR)
Preacher Curls(4) 75x8-10(all AR Negatives)
Spider Curls(4) 50x12, 10,10,8(+5, +4Ar)

Food Intake
Snickers
Shock Tarts
1 Bag of Ole Tyme Pretzels
1/3 Gallon of 2% Milk
1 XXL Mass Gainer Drink
Kobai's House
- Fried Rice
- Shrimp
- Steak
- Soup
- Salad
Combined 1100 cal
Movie Nachos w/ Cheese

Workout Summary:
When doing the exercises I was focused and Intense but my overall intensity today was down due to an X-Factor. The girl that I am dating wanted to go work out when I do and her b*tchin' of how hard it is threw off my balance. It was there I just could never get in a groove. Wokout set and reps still where done in the intentions of perfect reps. I believe in this whole heartedly. The workout was intense by regular people terms and standards, but by no means does it meet the standards that I have set.

Day 1 After Effects
Biceps have a slight twinge or a knot in them. Causes some pain when I flex, natural movement or function occurs. It even hurts when its straightened or stretched. Its "DOMS" alright but he is moving in slowly.

Day 2 After Effects
Biceps are sore but are healing quickly, or maybe it was the lack of intensity and I didn't fry them like I would like too. (DAMN WOMEN)

GeneticallyGifted
06-20-2002, 05:35 PM
6/02/2002

LIFTS
1st Barbell Decline Bench(4)185x12,235x10, 255x8, 265x5(+3fr)
Incline DB Bench(4)80x7,6,3,5(4-5 fr each set)
Flat BB Bench(4)195x9, 205x6,6(+4fr), 4(+4fr)
DB Pullovers(4) 100x7(+3fr), 6(+3fr),5(+3fr),5(+4fr)

Skullcrushers(4)-65x6(+4fr), 70x4(+4fr), 75x4(3+fr), 75x4(+4fr)

Weighted Dips(4)+50x"failure"
Pressdowns(4)"the rack"x"failure"

Food Intake
1 bowl of Honeycombs
14oz of Turkey Sausage @ 190 cals/2 servings =1330 cals
(w/ Homemade BBQ Sauce)
7 Pieces of Roman Meal Wheat Bread
2 Pork Chops
1 Large Bake Potatoe
1 Glass of Orange Juice
2 Glasses of Raspberry Kiwi Juice
3/4 XXL Mass Gainer Drink

Workout Summary:
These workouts become more and more Intense. I crave it. It drives me. I don't know how I could ever look to doing any workout in "yesterdays fashion." This workout was serious weight combined with Insane Intensity. The Focus on form along with the effort made it simply uncanny.

Day 1 After Effects
Chest is extremely tight. Naking the muscle move causes some pain and irretation. Seeing or feeling how tight my chest is only tells me that"DOMS" is here and is about to move in. I know this will be some serious pain and soreness. The day hasn't even begun, from prior workouts and after effects usually take the whole day to set in. Triceps don't really hurt YET,but I do expect some tightness or to be kinda sore by tomorrow.

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2002, 12:22 PM
6/3/2002

LIFTS
"T.U.T."-Eccentric & Concentric Training
Squats(4)355x10, 405x10,425x6(+2fr), 445x4(+2fr)
SLDLS-(4)300x6, 300x6, 300x5(+1fr), 300x4(+2fr)
Abdductors-(4)200x"failure"
Adductors(4)140x"failure"

Food Intake
1 Bowl of Honeycombs
10 Egg Whites
1 Glass of Orange Juice
1 XXL
1 BBQ Pork Sandwich
Wild Rice/w Ground Sirloin
1/2 XXL
3 PB Sandwiches
1/2 XXL
7 Ribs w/ BBQ Sauce
3 Pieces of Bread

Workout Summary:
OMG, I thought was going to throw up on this leg day. I laid down alot, it exerted so much energy. I loved the effort and the intensity that I had today. I stepped up to any weight that was slapped on and I went head-to-head with the "IRON." I said before that each workout is going to get better , and it is happening. Form is becoming better and more precise with each rep and workout. Jeff is helping me improve my workouts and form. I am excited with my strength gains and immprovements in such a short time.

Day 1 After Effects
NOTHIN'!!!! NOT A DAMN THING!! I'M PISSED, I BUSTED MY ASS YESTERDAY AND "DOMS" DIDNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO SHOWING UP IN MY LEGS!! DAMN THIS IS PHUCCED UP!!

Day 2 After Effects
I got a little pai inthe inner thighs, from the abbductors. Everything else, NOTHIN!! I'm truly upset abou the lack or soreness.

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2002, 12:48 PM
6/04/2002

LIFTS
Russian Military Press(no back support/use stablizer muscles to hold you up)(4) 135x8
Russian Arnold's(4) (seated on floor) 45x8, 45x8, 40x6,40x5
Smith Upright Rows(4)135x10(+4fr) each set
Bentover Rear Delt Raises 35x12,35x10,35x10,35x8

Food Intake

Workout
Summary:
The workout was good, but could have been better. Its harder to force out more reps when you don't have a partner, and today I was without a partner. I'm cool because I busted my ass, but I feel that I could have gotten some forced reps (fr) or some Applied Resistance(AR) if I had my partner there. Well, we make due, right?

Day 1 After Effects
Same thing as usual, shoulders never hurt. I am getting real pissed off with that too. Well, what can I do about it but stress the muscle even more the next time. That is what I will do and it will be hell on the shoulders, I gaurantee.

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2002, 04:22 PM
6/5/2002

LIFTS
[I] Calves Seated Calve Raises
Standing Calve Raises

Weighted Swissball Crunches
Weighted Leglifts
Ab Isolator Negatives

Food Intake

Workout Summary:

Day 1 After Effects

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2002, 05:13 PM
6/6/2002

LIFTS
weighted Pullups(4)+25x8
DB Rows
Deads-(4)295x7, 315x6,315x6,315x4(+3fr)

Food Intake
Workout Summary:
As Always this workout is kickass. I love Back Day. It brings a smile to my face and energy to my body. I love it that much. The focus was there, the determination to improve is there.

Day 1 After Effects

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2002, 05:26 PM
6/7/2002

LIFTS

Incline Dumbbell Curls(4)35x8, 35x 7 1/2, 35x6(+4fr), 35x6(+4fr)
Arm Blaster Preacher Curls(4)50x15,60x8,60x8(+5fr), 620x8(+6fr), 60x6(+2fr)
Hammer Curls(4) 35x8,35,30,25(Strip Set(x8,4,4,+4fr)), 30x8(+4fr)

Supps @ 10:20am & 12:10pm

Food Intake
1 Bowl of Cereal( Honeycombs)
1/2 Foot Sub Vivolla's
1/2XXL
1/2 Foot Sub Vivolla's
1/2 Imos Pizza (Sausage & Bacon)

Workout Summary:
Workout was filled with Intensity, Focus, and Determination to increase muscle size by trying to target either peak or thickness. I know that its really based on genetics but I want to believe, maybe to pysche myself out. I took an Improvement Approach to my workout today, I'm becoming a true Bodybuilder, by making the weaker area's better each day.

Day 1 After Effects

Biceps where tight and a little tehse. Mostly in my sleep I could feel the soreness and recovery process that the muscle was going through. A very good feeling.

GeneticallyGifted
06-21-2002, 05:44 PM
6/8/2002

LIFTS
"T.U.T'-Eccentric & Concentric Training
Smith BB Shrugs-225x22,225x20,295x15,315x14,315x16,385x6(+6fr),385x5(+6fr),385x4(+5fr)
Weighted Neck Raises-10x20,10x17,15x15,15x15,15x10,15x10,15x8(10x4 drop set)

Forearm Reverse Dumbbell Curls(6) 15x"Failure"
Forearm Curls(6)30x"failure"
Rollups(3) 10lbs

Supps @ 11:15am

Food Intake
1 XXL
1 1/2 Cups of brown Rice
2lbs of lean beef tenders
1 Whole Red Pepper
1 Whole Green Pepper
4 Pieces of Wheat Garlic Bread
1 Small Salad(Vingarette)
20 Cold Boiled Shrimp
12 Pretzels and Dip
Grapes (Green)
2 Cups of Gatorade
1/2 XXL
small salad (vingarette)
1/2 XXL
Archway Oatmeal Cookies

Workout Summary:
Hard Intensity!!! Always the key,right? Trying to give each muscle full ROM to produce the most hypertrophy in the muscles during workout. Staying in correct form and making sure I the muscle in the desired place everytime. Taken on the philosophy of hitting each muscle equally w/ 16-20 sets per muscle, even the smaller ones. I wonder if that is going to be to much for me???

Day 1 After Effects
Traps were Extremely sore. I was very pleased with the out come of this workout. Traps hurt when rolling shoulders, or in the "I-DON'T-KNOW" position. Neck is tight as well. Forearms some tightness but must be in a flexed position to feel it.

Day 2 After Effects
Traps are still really tight and sore. Hurting exactly in the same spots as before, but alittle more pain then the previous day.

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 04:00 PM
6/9/2002

LIFTS
(1st)Incline DB-90x10, 100x5 1/2(+2fr), 100x4(+2fr),80x7(+2fr)
Decline BB-225x9,245x7, 270x6,280x4
Flat BB-(4)205negativesx"failure"
DB Pullovers(4)100'sx8,7,6,6

Skullcrushers(4)90x7(+3fr),6(+2fr),7(+3fr),5(+3fr)
Weighted Dips+55x10,6,6(+3fr),4(+3fr)
Pushdowns(4)-130x6,6,6,6

Food Intake
1 XXL
Brown Rice
Beef Tenders
Green & Red Peppers
Onions
1 XXL
5 Pieces of Wheat Bread
1/2 Beef Roast w/ Gravy and Onions

Workout Summary:
This day was fantastic. I finally did the 100s!! All these time I have come to the gym and wanted to push up the 100s and now I have. Very Gratifying for a brief moment. I finally can do and idid them on the Incline which has to be the hardest bench. MY Decline even went up again, after doing the 100s. Moving my weight up quickly is so nice and rewarding instantly. I'm happy with myself but it is short-lived. I want bigger goals now. I want to have all my benchs over 300+ pounds by December and all chest workouts are done with just the 100s or more on all reps. Goal have now moved up.

Day 1 After Effects
Chest was tight in the inner part of the pecs early this morning near my wake up. Along with triceps being alittle sore also. As the day has carried on the pain has spread all over the pectoral region and the tricep area. All pain has heightened though out the day. It is so good that "DOMS" is here again.

Day 2 After Effects
Chest & Tri's are still tightand "DOMS" gas set in alittle deeper then yesterday. Triceps have been burninh like hell during natural movements. Chest needs to be stretched quite often. "DOMS" is here and it is so nice to see'em.

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 04:17 PM
6/10/2002

LIFTS
Squats(4) 460x6,375x4,345x4,315x11,315x11,315x8
SLDLs-(4)275x6
Abd.-(4)Stackx"failure"
Add.-(4)140x"failure"

Food Intake
3 Pieces of Turkey Sausage
6 Egg Whites
1 XXL
1 Bowl of Salad(Vinigarette)
2 Turkey Sausage Sandwiches
Large Plate if Beef Pepper Steak

Workout Summary:
HellRazor!!!! Thats all I can say. I was in my new assigned rest spot...laying on the floor. Tje effort and intensity was unmatched.

Day 1 After Effects
Some tightness, some soreness, not much though this morning. I expected more but hopefully as the day goes on "DOMS"will finally set in.

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 04:46 PM
6/11/2002

LIFTS
Russian Military Press-125x10,145x8(+3fr),155x4(+4fr),155x2(+4fr),180x(+5fr)
Russian Arnold's(5)40x10,40x7,40x6,40x5(35x3),40x4(35x3)
Upright Rows-155x7,155x5,135x8,135x9
Rrear Delt Machine-160x9,160x8,160x5(+4fr),160x4(140x3)

Food Intake
2 Turkey Sausage Sandwichs
Calfornia Pizza Kitchen
Large Salad
1 1'2 Protein Smoothies
1 Large Plate of Pasta
Workout

Summary:
The intensity was there but its hard try ing to workout alone. That is why I usually workout when Jeff is there I get the extras that I need as well as the push that I need. It was still an above average workout.

Day 1 After Effects
Shoulders aren't really sore @ all, not even tight. I don't understand why I can't get them to be sore. I believe they are stronger but I can't put them under enough stress and strain to cause "DOMS." I wonder if its the poundage I need to up, the intensity or changing the workout.

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 05:30 PM
6/12/2002

LIFTS
Seated Calves Raises
Standing Calve Raises

Forearm Reverse Curls
Behind the Back BB Curls
Roll ups

Weighted SwissBall
Weighted Knee Raises
Ab Isolator Negatives

Food Intake
1XXL
1 CAN OF TUNA
1 XXL
PB Sandwiches(3)

Workout Summary:
Workout was ok. Nothing to be happy about. I got caught up talking and socializing and I needed to be doing and intense workout. I am ASHAMED of my workout. I will vow to inprove this workout intensity.

Day 1 After Effects
Calves are kinda tight. I'm very surprised that this has happened. All the damn talkin' that was going on. I would have expected nothing to happen, I did even expect to be sore. I am glad about it because I got something outta nothing, basically.

Day 2 After Effects
Calves are tight and sore. Inbelievable, but very happy with "DOMS" settling in. I believe I cheated the system to receive some new growth, but I am happy with it.

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 05:46 PM
[I]6/13/2002

[B]MOM'S B-DAY

LIFTS
Deads-325x6,315x6,315x4(+3fr),225x6
Pullups(4)x"failure+fr(last set is resistance, to your partner pulling down on you)
Shrugs-345x"failure", 345x"failure",315x"failure",315xfailure+added resistance.

Food Intake
2 cans of Bubblebee Tuna
w/vingarette
1 XXL
1/2 Gal of Skim Milk
3 PB Sandwiches
1 1/2 Thin Steaks
1 cup of Brown Rice
1 large Plate of Red Sauce Pasta

Workout Summary:
Man, I damn near **** my pants when I was doing Deads. The whole routine was good. I know that I'm improving in strength and soon my wieght will start moving up again. The workout was completely intense. I was drained by the time I got to shrugs. I gave everything and I still feel like I could have done more or went harder. Just steadily trying to improve.

Day 1 After Effects
I have the "HIDDEN DOMS," it lurks in my traps, my lats, and erector spinae. I have some **** coming to me. The lat pain is noticable most when bending over when the wings are stretched. I felt my traps when I said I don't know this morning to a co-worker. I have a ball or knot of "DOMS" in the lower medial part of my trap and IT'S KILLING ME. ITs frat I love this feeling. This is the first time for my back to be in such pain.

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 05:55 PM
6/14/2002

LIFTS
[I]Incline DB Curls 40x6(+4fr), 45x4(+4fr), 45x3(+3fr), 45x3(+3fr)
Arm Blaster Preacher Curls95x5(3fr),6(+3fr), 5(+3fr), 5(+5fr)
Hammer Curls(4)30x7(+3fr)[I]

Food Intake
Canalope
1/2 XXL
Red Sauce Pasta
2 Thin Steaks
Brown Rice
1/2 XXL

Workout Summary:
Very Nice. Worked Hard, and Intense. Biceps are getting Stronger and improving quickly. Pleased with the workout, but very sure it could be better each time. I am working to make it better than the last time. I want to walk out of the gym drained from this workout and that hasn't happened yet. Until then I am not satisfied with this workout.

Maki Riddington
06-24-2002, 09:59 PM
Where those "freaky" pics at?:)

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 10:17 PM
6/16/2002

LIFTS
(1st)Decline BB(4)300x5,300x2(+3fr),300x1(+3fr),225x7(+3fr)
Incline DB(4)100sx4 1/2(+2fr),80x5(+2fr), 70x5(+2fr), 70x4(+2fr)
Flat BB(4)185x10, 185x7(+2fr),185x6(+2fr),135x"failure"+applied resistance
DB Pullovers(4)80x7,6,6(+4fr),5(+3fr)

Skullcrushers(4)60x12,80x10(+3fr),100x8(+4fr),110x6(+3fr)
Weighted Dips(4)+70x5(+4fr),5(+4fr),5(+3fr),5(+1fr)
Pushdowns(4)"rack"x6,6(+4fr),6(+4fr),5(+3fr)

Workout Summary:
It finally happened, and Now I want more. I broke the 300lbs barrier today for the first time on an upperbody part. I was so amped to do it, and I got it 5 TIMES at that weight. My next mark is "400" nothing under it. It's gotta happen. The 300lbs ripped my chest apart. I could feel it when I was lifting. That lift dropped my weight for all the rst of my chest exercises. It was a great day.

Day 1 After Effects
Oh, this hurts. I mean pain. I can't even cross my arms tightly. I can not be flexed at all, the pain is to severe. I am so happy about this pain. It is worse than any other chest pain or soreness that I have ever had. It's deep in the muscle, chest is sensitive to the touch so unbelievably great.

Day 2 After Effects
Its getting worse. I had leg day yesterday and all Ican do is think about my chest, my tri's hurt some but my mind is focused on my chest. I can't even think about something or anything else. Its fantastic.

GeneticallyGifted
06-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Maki, sup man thanx for coming thru.

My pix will be up soon. I just gave some to a friend so that she could scan them for me. I should have some pix up in a couple of days. I even got a if you don't believe me pic coming. I took it with the tape measure. So people can see that I don't have to lie.

But they are soon to come Maki my Man!!!

Robdj88
06-24-2002, 10:44 PM
I work out at the same gym as Freaky does, and yes, this is true what he says. He is gifted genetically and adapts to heavy weight training extremely well and above average . On many lifts, he does the forced reps till there is no more movement that can be done and I have begun to train in similar fasion and this type of training is very efective. Jeff, his training partner who is very knowledgable in this field, believes that noone should ever hit a plateau. In my opinion, Freakys most impressive stat is that in his last competion where he placed, I forgot 5th or 6 th out of and I know of at least 12 competitors, and this is the one that gets you - - - Only 4 months of intense training. Not too bad for a beginner huh ?
Keep up the awesome progress and good work as I know you and you will , Freak

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 10:02 AM
Thanks Robdj88, I appreciate the vouch. Nice to know its alway someone backing ya.

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 10:43 AM
6/17/2002

LIFTS
Squats(5)465x5,385x6,315x8(+3fr),315x5(+3fr),225x"failure"+(AR)
SLDL(5)315x8,315x6,225x11,225x7(+3fr),225x6(+3fr)

Workout Summary:
This is getting ridiculous!! The weight is exhausting me. I have the energy to do the work but WOW, it really is draining at the end, I LOVE IT!! I love how hard and intense it getting. I have the urge all the time to up the weight. I didn't like the long breaks in between but I know that they are necessary.

Day 1 After Effects
Legs weren't sore like other muscles are usually. It was a different feeling. IT was more of a tired feeling, pain when flexed though. They felt like they where asleep the whole day.

Day 2 After Effects
Legs have died down. The pain doesn't feel the same as yesterday. Actually the feel fine but I know when they are flexed it will ignite the pain.

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 11:03 AM
6/18/2002

LIFTS
Russian Military Press(5)115x10,135x7(+3fr),155x4(+4fr),65x"failure"+(ARP)
Russian Arnolds(5) 50x4(+4fr),50x3(+5fr), 40x8(+5fr),40x6(+4fr)
Upright Rows(5) 135x8(+3fr), 135x7(+3fr),135x5(+2fr), 135x5(+1fr)
Rear Delt Machine 140x15,160x8(+3fr), 160x8(+3fr), 160x7

Workout Summary:
I am very pleased with this workout. Very Intense very focused. Form was keying in feeling the shoulders work. During the whole workout I pushed with the deltoids heads. I was a huge pleasure to feel the pain in the exact areas that I wanted.

Day 1 After Effects
1st time ever, or that I could or can remember that my shoulders have some pain or tightness. Pin point pains in the anterior head, and some sorenessin the medial head as well. My soreness is great. I am so happy with the workouts.

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 12:30 PM
6/19/2002

LIFTS
Smith Shrugs135x20,225x25,225x25,315x17,315x15,315x15,315x12,315,14
Neck Raises 15x25,15x25,15x20,20x17,25x10,25x8,25x8
Dumbbell Shrugs-100sx20,100sx20,100x17,100x15,100x15

Food Intake:
oatmeal (340cal)
18 egg whites
kraft Mac'n'Cheese
Starkist Albacore Tuna
w/vingarette
Starkist Albacore Tuna
w/vingarette
3 PB Sandwiches
1 bowl of Brown Rice
1 XXL

Workout Summary:
The workout was good. I really didn'y feel like working out any. I had alot on my mind and I kinda wanted to do something less stressful. I ended up just doing traps which when I did them I treated them like a ball-head-stepchild, meaning I punished them severely. I ended up leaving right after the traps workout which I did enjoy when I was there. The workout was intense but I was not in the mood really to workout.

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 01:01 PM
6/20/2002

LIFTS
Variety Pullups(7)WGx9(+3fr),UGx5(+5fr),PGx7(+7fr),WGx(12sec.hold+(15 fr), UGx(12sec.hold(+15fr)), WGx(12sec.hold+15fr(all with AR)),PGx(12sec.hold+15fr(all with AR))

DB Rows(5)100x12(+3fr),100x10(+2fr),100x8(+3fr),100x7(+3fr)
55x(12sec.hold+10AR)

Deads(5)225x8,225x6,225x5(body gave out), 135x15,135x10

(fr= forced reps) (AR= Applied Resistance)
WG= Wide Grip
UG= Underhand Grip
PG= Parallel Grip

food Intake
oatmeal
18 egg whites
4 carbo force drinks(440 per)
Mac'n'Cheese(410 cal)

Workout Summary:
This was the best work out that I have ever had for back. During the wokout I could feel the blood thicken in my lats and traps. I was flushed with blood in my face, I was taxed at every exercise. I loved every minute of it. There is no way that I could go without the applied resistance after having it.

Day 1 After Effects
MY lats are on fire. I have serious soreness forming. There are knots all over my back. My rhomboids even hurt like hell. Man, what is to have a great work that can give this type of pain.

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Here it is. I have photos and better yet I have my own personal progress pix station. I can post old pix new pix any pic that I would like and I can have them here as long as I like.

I told you guy and gals that I would post pix of myself after the 1 month. I got some scanned and I put them into galleries, I even put the cutting phase ones and the beginner photos in there also. SO YOU AND I CAN COMPARE. I almost forgot I have 1 competition photo that is in there also. So check it out. Holla atcha you guys later.

http://www.pbase.com/mrintense

Maki Riddington
06-25-2002, 05:39 PM
You look great. I really like your symmetry in youyr upper body.
I don't doubt thatyou do what you say.:)
Keep up the hard work and I hope to learn from reading your journal!!!

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Maki, man I tell you that I learn from you everytime that you are on WBB. Thanks alot I am really trying to improve here. I appreciate the compliments.

chris mason
06-25-2002, 05:47 PM
Looking good Freak! Your 1 month pictures look excellent. You have great delts and chest, combined with a tiny waist. Your quads are also looking very cut. Your rear lat spread is also filling in nicely.

GeneticallyGifted
06-25-2002, 05:53 PM
I appreciate the compliments coming from guys like you and Maki. I really have been on it lately and I am trying to improve as I told Mak everyday. As I say that my eatings been kinda off today though, but I can fix that.(heheheh:D

GeneticallyGifted
06-26-2002, 12:00 PM
6/21/2002

LIFTS
Arm Blaster Preacher Curls(5) 100x9, 100x7,100x6(+4fr), 100x6(+6fr), 50x(+15AR)

Incline Dumbbell Curls(5)45x7,45x4(+4fr), 40x6(+5fr),35x8(+5fr),35x7(+4fr)

Spider BB Curls(5)60x8(+3fr),60x7(+3fr)60x5(+2fr),60x4(+4fr)30x(+15AR)

Workout Summary:
Workouts was good. My biceps started hurting with a nice pain during the workout. I was sweating my ass off trying to do as heavy as possible with out giving up and form or quality reps. Its was a very good day.

Day 1 After Effects
The night of the workout my biceps where hurting at the damn movies. I was trying to pull something from my girl and I got a pain or feeling of soreness shooting up my bicep. I was hurt but extremely happy. The next day I was in some severe pain from this workout. I could barely do functional movements, it hurt so bad. But it hurt so bad it was good. I am in love with "DOMS."

GeneticallyGifted
06-26-2002, 12:11 PM
6/22/2002

LIFTS
Seated Calf Raises(6)strip sets, and applied resistance, and combinations of both x "failure"
Standing Calve Raises(7)x"failure"

Workout Summary:
The workout was great. Even though it was calves only I was very happy with the intensity that I had. I punished them like my favorite saying "BALL-HEADED-STEPCHILD!" The was no saving them and I am glad about it. I need size there more than any other muscle, so punishment is where they will stay until they catch up.
After Effects
It wasn't day 1 or even day 2 that the pain was the worst it was more like day 3. My calves felt as heavy as bricks. They were very sensitive to the touch. They hurt if I accidently rubbed them together.
Its was brutual but the gains that I will get from it will make it worth the pain.

GeneticallyGifted
06-26-2002, 01:11 PM
6/23/2002

LIFTS
(1st)Incline DB Press(4)100x7(+2fr), 100x5(+3fr),90x5(+3fr),80x7(+3fr)

Delcine BB Press(4)225x12(+3fr), 10(+3fr), 8(+4fr),8(+5fr)

Pullovers(4)100x8(+3fr),100x7(+3fr),100x5(+4fr), 90x7(+5fr)

Flat BB Bench 205x8(+3fr),6(+3fr),6(+3fr), 175x5(+10AR)

Weighted Dips(4)+80x6(4fr),6(+5fr),6(+5fr), 5(+4fr)

Pushdowns(4)"the stack"x8(+4fr),7(+3fr),6(+3fr),6(+3fr)

SkullCrushers(4)100x7(+3fr),8(+3fr), 110x6(+2fr),6(+3fr)

Overhead Rope Extension(4)130x10(+4), 8(+3fr),8(+3fr),9(+2fr)

Workout Summary:
This was a extremely draining workout. Probably because of the weight and the intensity but my rest was terrible this past week. I 've had lots on my mind and I haven't gotten to bed at a decent hour this whole week and I believe it caught up to me on this day. How crucial it was. Man, I wish would have had more sleep and rest. Damn, me!! Other than that I was pumped and ready to go for this day. I plan on get more rest this up'n'coming week and getting it together. The workout was great though.

After Effects
The DOMS has been late in its attack, I haven't really been getting sore the following day but the day after or even the 3rd day after workouts. My chest is tense and hurts to cross them on the 2nd day but on the first I thought I had wasted a crucial workout. As time went on it got worse and I mean worse. I was happy to see DOMS come up.

GeneticallyGifted
06-27-2002, 05:26 PM
6/24/2002

LIFTS
(1st)SLDL 335x8(I thought that I was going die with poop stains in my haynes underwear) 265x14(+3fr),265x10(+4fr),225x15(+3fr)
A.T.F. Squats-powerlifter style(6)245x15, 245x12,245x9,225x14,225x12,225x10
Leg Extensions 180x15(+5fr),220x13(+4fr),240x10(+3fr)260x8(+3fr)

Workout Summary:
Changing up the routine some kick my ass. My body was getting used to the regular format. I knew that things where gonna be kinda hard but I never figured that I would walk outta the gym with the pain that was running through my legs. It was nice to feel some serious pain in a body part that I usually don't have much soreness in. My legs felt so thick a beat up that I thought something was wrong with them. The workout was extremely intense and I think that I am going to mimmick the same routine that I did today.
After Effects
Soreness lies in the quads and some in the hamstrings. Nothing to be happy about on the first day. But on day 2 and 3 the hamstring soreness kicked in and now feels like it is going to rip out of my skin. Its a feeling that I haven't had since the beginning. I am so happy with that workout and feeling that it has given me.

Jane
06-27-2002, 06:35 PM
Your photos are fantastic.

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Marcel
06-28-2002, 02:02 AM
LMMFAO @ the poop stains!!!!! Sh*t that was funny.

Great work buddy. You look awesome. You keep it up and you will win a bunch of competitions no doubt!

Lemme ask you a few questions....do you take all your sets to failure? Most would say that you do a sh*tload of volume! Obviously for you it is fine. How do you do the (AR)applied resistance? Laterz.

GeneticallyGifted
06-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Marcel-

People do say that I do an extremely high Volume Workout but It has worked for me. My strength has increased quickly do to this type of routine. I do go to failure, but I try and use a weight that keeps the rep range in between 6-10.

I get the AR with my training partner. He applies the pressure or resistance.

Thanks for the compliments. I really want to win competitions, so that is a great motivation that you have given me.

Jane-
The woman of the hour. You are the inspiration!! You are always pushing to get to the gym and improve your body. You are what drive is made of.

GeneticallyGifted
06-28-2002, 01:21 PM
6/25/2002

LIFTS
Russian Military(4)
Russian Arnold's(4)
Upright Rows(5)
Rear Delt Machine(4)

Workout Summary:
The workout was intense. I had Robdj88 working out with me today, and I think I kicked his ass, but it's new for him and he just getting into it. It was alittle different then working out with Jeff who is mentally unstable when it comes to working out and pushing weight. But all and all it was a good workout and I enjoyed it.

After Effects
After Effects for shoulders, let me think about it....ahhhh NO, NONE...Not A Damn Thing. What is up with this. I hit'em eve nharder then last week and I get nothing. I know that muscle growth has nothing to do with DOMS, but I still want it each and every time.