PDA

View Full Version : Fatty w/ health conditions needs a real diet.

LabiosDeMierda
06-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Hello all, ive been a member for about a few months & ive made 1 post. :) im a slacker nothing but a new age internet surfing, d'n'b spinning fool but doctor sais i need to straighten out my priorities. so i ask for your help.

Variables: I have a problem where my Liver doesnt process fat out very well (dunno what its called). I also have a heart mummer, not very big. And i probably have a sh!tload of other crap i havent been told thanks to my parents very weak gene pool. I had my left shoulder rebuilt (forgot the name of the surgery) and thats about it.

Stats: 6'0-6'1, 260Pnds, Large Bone build, not sure of my body fat. Yes i am overweight and No i currently dont workout.

Intake: Breakfast, Pop-tart or Nutri Grain or Cheeeeeeerios.
Lunch, heavy and greasy
Diner, same as lunch but about 45 minutes before bedtime.
Inbetween, various chips, snacks, sweet beverages.

Bonus, i just quit smoking, and i just quit drinking anything but water (no sweet drinks, sodas, etc..)

Well i was thinking of jumping into a diet for life, just eating right and healthy and learning about food and its effects on my body as i get older (currently 20 years old). But i need a diet to start on and maybe some recipies? I can dedicate myself im just the type of person who isnt depressed being chunky, or thin, i honestly dont care about asthetics but health wise im worried (i wouldnt mind getting big for the ladies ;). And i would like to supplement but stay completly natural due to my heart and liver issue. I would like to get big eventually but my main concern is getting back to my weight. So thats all i guess feel free to flame me, but help me too. :D

I drink (alc) when theres something to party about, i can switch to light beers or hard liquour since i dont drink often. And no more cigarettes for me quit on 04/19/02 two months today.

ElPietro
06-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Hey congrats on kicking the smoking habit. I haven't had a drag since the beginning of December. :)

My first recommendation would be to go see a dietician that your doctor could refer you to, since you have some medical conditions that may affect what you should eat.

Besides seeing a dietician I would recommend taking things slowly at first. Get into the habit of maybe taking one thing out of your regular eating habit that is bad and replacing it with something that is good. Too much change at once can be a bit much to handle and then you just give up in the end. Drinking water is a great start. Maybe focus on one aspect of your diet at a time...such as eliminating a heavy greasy dinner with something a bit healthier. Once you are used to that and see that it's having an impact you will be much more willing to make additional changes.

Overall I'd suggest starting up some form of weight training. You'd be amazed at how much this can change your life. It will give you more energy, self-esteem, and you'll be able to move big things around more easily. ;)

Perhaps if you browse through the diet forum for a bit and see what others are doing you could pick up some ideas and the odd recipe. I'm sure there are plenty of websites with various meals to suit specific diets out there. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want...i'm no expert on dieting but I'll answer as I can and others will have plenty to add i'm sure.

TurboStu
06-19-2002, 07:22 PM
I am 6'2", 296 lbs, way overweight, and I am 17. My bone frame is average (meant to carry about 200lbs). My tips would be as follows. Don't do anything unless you are serious about it. Also, don't do a thing where "i will eat health during the week, and slack a little on weekends", IT DOESN"T WORK THAT WAY!!!!!! THe other tip I have, is start slow, don't expect major leaps, this is a life style change, not a simple day to day change. Good luck, nice work on the no smoking/drinking, if you can do that, you can do this too! Good Luck!

freztek
06-20-2002, 08:24 PM
Good luck with the smoking and diet. (I currently have 18months without a smoke) WhooHoo! I am still learning about diet/nutrition and all that jazz so I don't have anything to contribute except "I don't think Hard Liquor is better for you than regular beer" I would think it is way more fattening. I could be wrong...but hey wouldn't be my first time :) G'luck with everything!