PDA

View Full Version : Squat form help - video this time around

J L S
09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Fella's, some of you may remember I posted a while back about fixing my squat form, it was from a 500lb squat and max attempt. The main things I got out of it were bring my grip in, which I've done a three finger spaces, nut up and get my upper back tight and basically keeping getting stronger, Im 6 weeks out from my meet, and this was tonights top set of 5, Ive previously left lbs in the tank weeks before with alot more volume beforehand so tonight was a push. Not gonna leave my thoughts, just want you guys to help me out and see if I agree with the stuff mentioned and continue to work on them.

Im rambling, here we go.: 440x5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHXpITnVw_Y

lets get me a BIG PR , thanks in advance!

RFabsik
09-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm no expert, but thought I'd give you my 2 cents and hopefully get the ball rolling so the smarter guys will add their thoughts.

Overall, I thought they were pretty solid. Depth was great and you stayed pretty upright until the end.

I'm not sure if it was the camera angle, but it almost looked like your stance is slightly staggered with the left foot out in front. This also might have been a one time deal, so just make sure your pretty even.

Have you tried having your toes pointed in/forward just a tad more? If you feel stable from the ground up, it might not matter much.

Good luck at your meet.

RhodeHouse
09-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Dude, you're fine!

ScottYard
09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Keep those elbows down. All else is good.

theBarzeen
09-09-2012, 07:56 PM
They look good.... the second one looked the best for sure. It looked like you drove your head back out of the hole and it kept you more upright.....

Good luck at your meet.

J L S
09-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the replies fella's, bit shocked to be honest, pleased though none-the-less, as for the staggered foot stance that may be right, il definitely have to look into that and I was pretty sure the elbows would come up. Even said it to training partners you gotta stop me doing that haha

thanks for the good luck too! I'll try and keep the vids coming as I get closer to the meet