PDA

View Full Version : 460 lbs x 3 Front Squat (Almost 2X Body Weight)

Tom Mutaffis
09-11-2012, 05:01 AM
Have not been training as much as I would like over the past couple of weeks but managed a PR last night and may have even had a bit more in the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9vMJmChOdk

M9vMJmChOdk

Invain
09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Crazy as usual.

Tom, have you ever had problems getting dizzy/light headed with front squats? Lately I've been getting really light headed coming out of the hole when the weight starts getting above 400. I had to dump a 450 front squat a couple days ago because I thought I was going to pass out at the bottom. I have no problem getting a good deep breath before the lift.

Tom Mutaffis
09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Crazy as usual.

Tom, have you ever had problems getting dizzy/light headed with front squats? Lately I've been getting really light headed coming out of the hole when the weight starts getting above 400. I had to dump a 450 front squat a couple days ago because I thought I was going to pass out at the bottom. I have no problem getting a good deep breath before the lift.

I have had that problem with overhead press (strict press) if I do not take a breath at the top. One thing that you can do with front squats would be to take a pair of wrist straps and join them together and then wear them over your neck hanging down across your chest (can provide a photo if you would like). This is what I have started doing to protect my collar bone and it also raises the bar by about 1/8" which makes it a little easier to breath.

Also, have you tried different grips? (clean grip, arms crossed, straps around bar, etc.)

chris mason
09-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Awesome Tom!