PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I never knew how effective cable crunches were

Falcon63
09-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Always thought it was only ab/curlbros who did it, but then I saw a couple of really strong PLers doing it, so I did my research on them.

Did them for the first time today, and my core was on FIRE!

Definitely felt the burn, and I actually feel like my core got stronger today.

For anyone who hasn't tried them (I'm assuming all of you have, haha), I highly suggest you do.

I need all the core work I can if I want to have visible abdominals at 220 :nod:

ScottYard
09-17-2012, 07:36 AM
I do there weekly. Awesome ab work.

vdizenzo
09-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Good exercise, but hate to tell you that visible abs are much more diet than anything.

loganchristophe
09-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Good exercise, but hate to tell you that visible abs are much more diet than anything.

This + no ab work necessary

Falcon63
09-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Oh, believe me, I know that (since I enjoy bodybuilding just as much as PLing), but I mean, just as you'll never see your extremely strong abs with a high BF%, your abs won't stick out as much with a low BF% if they're not strong.

Bruiser
09-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Always thought it was only ab/curlbros who did it, but then I saw a couple of really strong PLers doing it, so I did my research on them.

Did them for the first time today, and my core was on FIRE!

Definitely felt the burn, and I actually feel like my core got stronger today.

For anyone who hasn't tried them (I'm assuming all of you have, haha), I highly suggest you do.

I need all the core work I can if I want to have visible abdominals at 220 :nod:

If you want visible abs, it's all diet. But to get some abs that you CAN show once your Bf% is down, do what the powerlifters do. Even the big super heavyweights that look like they're built like a tomato can, I guarantee that under that layer of fluff is a set of abs that would make Cutler's look like a piece of plywood.

Falcon63
09-18-2012, 06:26 AM
If you want visible abs, it's all diet. But to get some abs that you CAN show once your Bf% is down, do what the powerlifters do. Even the big super heavyweights that look like they're built like a tomato can, I guarantee that under that layer of fluff is a set of abs that would make Cutler's look like a piece of plywood.

I know. I was agreeing with vdizenzo above.