PDA

View Full Version : what to eat everyday

wild
06-21-2002, 11:11 PM
i know there are lots of protein rich foods but which are safe to eat everyday? i find it hard to get enough protein in my diet because i don't like to eat meat too often besides chicken and fish and i don't really know of other really good sources besides those two.. i eat a lot of tuna and chicken but not enough and im worried about eating too much of the same thing..
so what can i eat a lot of everyday to get at least 160grams of protein? what has the least long term risk in terms of health? because i know somethings gonna happen to me eventually if i eat 2 steaks everyday...

of course i have other things like flax breads, and soy milk too throughout the day... but i need something to account for the other 130 grams

BCC
06-22-2002, 12:31 AM
What makes you think that eating a lot of the same thing each day is going to lead to health complications? I eat a pound and a half of chicken everyday. That alone is about 185 grams of protein. And it's really not that much to eat.

Budiak
06-22-2002, 02:30 AM
Turn off the evening news when they show 'healthwatch' because they dont know jack. Animals eat the same **** every day and look at them. Look at a bull, or dogs. Eating the same thing every day is not going to hurt you. Do you think that pro bodybuilders eat anything other than, say, chicken and rice or broccoli 7 times a day for months before a contest?

I used to eat 4 tuna sandwiches a day and I was in the best shape of my life. Then I got food poisoning coupled with the flu, and I had an instant replay of a tuna sandwich with lemonade, and I havent eaten it since.

wild
06-22-2002, 10:00 AM
i guess nothing has really lead me to worry about it other than the old saying about everything in moderation.
but go on the internet and research health concerns of certain foods and you'll find that they have all sorts of studies that show people have a better chance of getting certain diseases or whatever if they eat certain animal products on a regular basis..

Monster Muscle
06-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by wild
i guess nothing has really lead me to worry about it other than the old saying about everything in moderation.
but go on the internet and research health concerns of certain foods and you'll find that they have all sorts of studies that show people have a better chance of getting certain diseases or whatever if they eat certain animal products on a regular basis.. :rolleyes: