PDA

View Full Version : Low carb diet 4 a beginner?

Tru
06-22-2002, 08:48 AM
Would a low carb, high protein, high good fats diet be good for a beginner?

I've heard of a lot of people losing fat, and gaining muscle while on these types of diets.. so, i might try one.. Would it be bad to start off on one though?:help:

Jane
06-22-2002, 09:34 AM
Good question.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of percentage breakdown you're talking about though, so could you clarify that real quick?

Low carb might mean anything from 0% to 40%

Tru
06-24-2002, 06:04 PM
I mean, a diet like the anabolic diet.. (But with post and preworkout meals... so more like the T-Dawg)..

I think it's 35% protein, 60% fat, 25% carbs (Or less) for the weekdays, then on the weekend it's 65% carbs...

These are off the top of my head, I don't have the article handy.. :) I'm sure some people are familar with the AD though...

YatesNightBlade
06-25-2002, 06:15 AM
Try it. If after a few months it's not working ....... change it.

I personally prefare to feed my body with more carbs than fat.

MRJ
06-25-2002, 11:35 AM
You have nothing to lose by giving it a try, I agree with the prior post. I made a similar experiment some time ago and found great success.

I utilize a diet consisting of 55% fat with 15% carbs. and find it works better (for me) than a diet consisting of 55% carbs. and 15% fat. (the remainder protein)

Just make the transition SLOWLY if you decide to make a change and give it some time before making a decison. (my transition was accomplished over a 16 week period)