PDA

View Full Version : Creatine is it any good...

orignal delboy
06-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Hi peeps, just wondering if creatine gives you results or not...and if it does what kind of results does it give.

I am looking to get some and try it out so is there any ideas which i should go for..? expensive or cheap as i have seen different prices etc.

Also i came across this site which has creatine but its slightly a different name the site is http://www.creatamax.com/ can anybody posdt feedback on this wether its good or bad?

thx for your help guys:D

gopher
06-22-2002, 10:11 AM
But, like with just about anything results will vary. Some people see phenominal results with creatine while others will see no results from creatine and the vast majority of us fall somewhere in between. For me creatine is usually good for one more rep or a slight increase in the amount of weight I can lift. It's kind of hard to judge because my goal is to always progress so whether I'm taking creatine or not my goal is always to get one more rep or increase the weight a little. I have noticed that if I have been stuck at a certain weight for a set number of reps and just can't get past it and I start taking creatine I can usually blow through that plateau and start progressing again. I also have noticed that my progress sometimes temporarily stalls out when I first go off creatine. So for me I'd say the boost my training gets form creatine is small but in this game every little bit counts.
IMHO it is definitely worth a try IF you already have your diet and training nailed down. If you are hit or miss on either of these I would suggest ou save your money. If you do decide to give it a try I recommend you stick with a name brand like AST or MetRx micronized creatine. Don't waste you money on the over hyped "transport systems" or serums. Those are a huge rip off.

Tiare
06-24-2002, 04:53 PM
Is it good? NO, tastes like sh*t and dries out my mouth...oh, wait, it says here I'm supposed to mix it with water or juice.

Sometimes I feel like creatine is helping me look bigger or make some gains, but I haven't noticed that when I chart my progress that I can say "ah, here is where I started/stopped taking creatine" so you can come to your own conclusions.

Clark
06-24-2002, 04:58 PM
I agree with gopher. I have to say, creatine seems to help me a little bit, but I don't know if it's worth the money for me. It's such a small improvement in size that I might as well just save it. However, there are lots of people that can put on like 15-20 pounds by being on 'tine.

Hellrazor
06-24-2002, 04:59 PM
The only thing creatine is good for is to use as an excuse for people who are on steroids and dont want anyone to know lol.

Hey you`re lookingt massive " Yeah I put on 2 stone with creatine " ...............Yeah right what a loser. If I had a for every person whos said that to me I`d be a erm.....at least 100 better off.

No, it does work...( for most people ) but you need to know how it works, and not to expect miracles.

Podium Kreatin
06-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Clark: creatine not worth the money? creatine's like the cheapest supp, and it works! if u think ur paying too much, then u probably are. in costco, u can get 1kilo metrx creatine for like 19$. online stores also sell QUALITY creatine cheap.

creatine helps a lot, i can tell b/c when i use it, i gain a lot, but when i run out, i plateau.