PDA

View Full Version : Please help improve weightlifting form

theZAsarah
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Please take a look at these two videos and give suggestions on this person could perfect his form. I'd appreciate any pointers he could use! Thank you.

lDP7L6uUc8c
vH2wGFLpFCU

tmor6
09-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Hard to see much in this vids with the angle (in the second one), and the zoom (in the first one). So I can't offer anything (others might, though). I will say CONGRATS on beginning to lift, now go eat 2 large pizzas! Seriously though, keep it up, you won't regret it.

RobmoriRB
09-28-2012, 10:02 PM
do not flare ur elbows when benching, keep them tucked in

chris mason
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Is that you?

GazzyG
10-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Face the other way when squatting - you want to be backing out and walking forwards in, otherwise you've got a recipe for disaster.

The bar needs to be lower on the back when squatting, not perched high up, nearly on the shoulder like that. Aim for about the middle of the shoulder blades.

When benching, bring elbows in, as said above - having them flared right out like that is bad for your shoulders and your chest.

Other than that, I'd also suggest doing what I did; sell your home equipment and go join a decent gym that has proper squat racks, bars and metal plates. You won't regret it.

That's my 2p. If you answer Chris above then you're gonna get far more experienced advice than I could ever give you.