PDA

View Full Version : ckd question

ryuage
06-22-2002, 07:32 PM
I'm coming near to ending my bulking phase and was considering a ckd... the only problem with it is the counting of calories and macro nutrient break down.. I'm currently in the military and get the majority of my foods from the dining facility... They have many foods I could eat as part of my diet the problem is the weighing and breakdown of the foods I won't really be able to do. If everything else was right on like my workouts and the timing of the carb depletion and the carb up phase... do you guys think it would be still beneficial and possible to do this type of diet.

Jane
06-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Would you have access to protein-fat (no carb) foods at every meal?

Can you trust that there will not be "secret ingridients" and hidden carbs in what you pick from the cafeteria?

If CKD causes some mental fatigue and physical weakness, can you handle it? A big IF on this one though.

ryuage
06-23-2002, 10:31 AM
On the access to protein fat yes... lots of baked chicken, fish, eggs (however one prefers cooked) steak, shrimp, beef, hamburger patties.. all kinds and it's all you can eat too... secret ingredients I really doubt haha.. and about ckd I responded very well to it while I was on one maybe 2 years back.

Tiare
06-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Talk to one of the cooks some time and make sure they don't put sugar over everything before they cook it. You'd be surprised sometimes what cooks put sugar into to mask the low grade ingredients. Lots of sugar.