PDA

View Full Version : Ketos Are Not Worth It!

burr287
06-25-2002, 06:12 AM
I went on one for 2 days and, my god, i felt like a zombie. I have to much to enjoy in life to be doing that to myself. I'm thin as it is and i dont need to sacrifice my daily happiness for a few more cuts. I found myself starying blankly while with friends, feeling terrible,not wanting to move out of my seat. AWFUL! UNless you are grossly obese dont do it! Not worth it! Now, don't go eat bagels and donuts, but stick to fruit and yams and oatmeal at least! It was unnecessary torture and i would rather enjoy daily life with some *Minimal* chub than to be cut and grossly out of common life experiences.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-25-2002, 08:43 AM
It takes most around 1-2 weeks to make the transition if they've never done keto before or at least not for a long while.

2 days isn't long enough for a proper assessment, but everyone is entitled to opinions.

There are other methods of course, like you rightly stated.

Blood&Iron
06-25-2002, 08:50 AM
:withstupi

You can't really evaluate a keto by what happens within the first two days. Until you go into ketosis, you're really gonna feel like crap. Still, I HATE keto diets, and don't think they really confer much in the way of benefits considering how much they suck, so I'm not really in fundamental disagreement. I like carbs. Some people love keto diets, though.

Celestial
06-25-2002, 10:16 AM
I am actually enjoying it a bit. I am not hungry at all. My energy is ok so far, only drawback is I hate beef!!

MarshallPenn
06-25-2002, 10:19 AM
What the heck does hating beef have to do with a keto diet?

gregnb
06-25-2002, 11:20 AM
As soon as I bumped up the fat intake I started to feel good. I have no real problems anymore..

Saint Patrick
06-25-2002, 11:27 AM
hey greg is that jimmy the cab driver in your avatar??

MRJ
06-25-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm not a big proponent of anything that seems as drastic as a Keto-type diet does, but some would say my diet is a bit fanatical as well, so to each his own.

After 18 weeks of a slow progression I whittled my daily carb. requirements down to about 50g on a daily basis. This is part of my daily routine and I have no problems.

Not quite Keto, but low enough to keep me lean and manageable enough that I still enjoy life.

Saint Patrick
06-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by MRJ
I'm not a big proponent of anything that seems as drastic as a Keto-type diet does, but some would say my diet is a bit fanatical as well, so to each his own.

After 18 weeks of a slow progression I whittled my daily carb. requirements down to about 50g on a daily basis. This is part of my daily routine and I have no problems.

Not quite Keto, but low enough to keep me lean and manageable enough that I still enjoy life.

You gaining any muscle like that?

MRJ
06-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by stpatrick44

You gaining any muscle like that?

Yes.

I was a proponent of high carbs. (like most persons) for bulking, but this method (although seemingly a slower way to gain) allows me to maintain a reasonably lean condition, whist providing the base for the building of lean tissue.

For my body, carb. management seems to be key.

gregnb
06-25-2002, 05:59 PM
hey greg is that jimmy the cab driver in your avatar??

Yep :)

zwarrior99
06-25-2002, 08:32 PM
where can i find the step by step instructions to this diet. All the searches reveal about people on the diet but were is it.:cry:

Celestial
06-25-2002, 08:47 PM
I had to quit the diet, by the end of today I was totally sick to my tummy and had really bad side effects from the food, to heavy for me:( oh well back to my old routine.

Saint Patrick
06-25-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Celestial
I had to quit the diet, by the end of today I was totally sick to my tummy and had really bad side effects from the food, to heavy for me:( oh well back to my old routine.

Yeah same here. I felt like crap after 24 hrs w/ no carbs.

Tiare
06-26-2002, 12:06 AM
I don't like keto myself but everyone is different. Do what you like and what seems to work for you. As for where to find details, there are many different types of keto diets, here is one:

http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=34
http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=45

WannaBeStrong
06-26-2002, 07:09 AM
I had the same problem. I quit and waited 2 weeks and tried it again (I was determined). No sickness the 2nd time!

zwarrior99
06-26-2002, 08:36 AM
from the sounds this diet is a tuff one huh. Ohh well I will wont be cutting up, till December or January. Got to get bigger! Is clen alright to stack with this diet?

zwarrior99
06-26-2002, 08:38 AM
ohh btw, is it real muscle sparring? Cause I have heard this same thing about so many other diets, to just find out otherwise. Anybody here lost a lot of muscle while on this diet? thanks.

Celestial
06-26-2002, 09:16 AM
It wasnt the no carbs. Its the fact I dont eat beef really cept maybe twice a day and I dont like oils n fats a lot. My tummy cant handle them because I have a history of gastritisand ulcers....so yeah. Oh well eating healthy will still let the weight come off.