PDA

View Full Version : How can I measure my bf?

geoffgarcia
06-25-2002, 09:30 AM
My local gym does a 3 pinch caliper test, I've heard they aren't accurate at all.

What is an accurate measure I can do without needing to go to some super gym (I live in the woods and my LOCAL gym is 20 miles away) and without having to buy expensive equipment.

How do you all do it?

Celestial
06-25-2002, 11:17 AM
Thats about as acurate as your gonna get unless u find a submerssion tank lol

nejar462
06-25-2002, 11:53 AM
lol, maybe if you did some kinda group thing the submersion tank wouldn't cost that much.

geoffgarcia
06-25-2002, 12:04 PM
are those electric zapper things more or less accurate than the caliper pinch thing?

zwarrior99
06-27-2002, 03:58 PM
no the electric zappers, arent accurate at all! Alot of things can set them off, and give you false results, please i took one like 6 months ago saying that i had 6.5% bf, and i did not have nothing near a six-pack, maybe a two-pack.

Tiare
06-29-2002, 09:21 PM
The real question is why are you measuring your body fat? It's all just guesswork unless they actually get out a ruler, measure 1" exactly from your belly button, pull a fold, hold for 3 seconds, pinch half way between crest and base, hold for 3 seconds, do the same on your leg, then chest, then repeat twice take the...well, you get the picture. Really just measure your waist and as long as it keeps getting smaller you're probably doing OK.

I myself bought calipers and measure weekly, but mostly I just watch for the mm pinched to get smaller and smaller. I'll submersion at some point and see how close I am :D