PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal ?



jc_az
06-26-2002, 11:05 AM
I was on a cutting diet with the usual breakdown of 40p/20f/40c at 2200 calories.

I went back to bulking and am now at 2750 calories, but I changed the breakdown to 30p/55f/15c and I have lost weight over the last two weeks totaling 3 lbs.

Is this normal ? Should I keep adding calories and see what happens ? I thought if I increased calories I would start to regain some weight, but I thought the lower carbs. would keep my weight gain more lean

Thanks.

Manveet
06-26-2002, 11:15 AM
The only thing that I can think of is that you lost a bit of your glycogen stores. When you were consuming 40 carbs, you were probably pretty well saturated with glycogen. But now, since you have cut them way down (15%), you lost those stores, hence the reduction in body weight. However, I am no expert, so I'm only speculating.

Saint Patrick
06-26-2002, 11:40 AM
30p/55f/15c sounds like more of a cutting diet to me, not bulking.

jc_az
06-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
The only thing that I can think of is that you lost a bit of your glycogen stores. When you were consuming 40 carbs, you were probably pretty well saturated with glycogen. But now, since you have cut them way down (15%), you lost those stores, hence the reduction in body weight. However, I am no expert, so I'm only speculating.

I thought I was already depleted as I was eating about 60% carbs. before.

I am eating about 100g of carbs. p/day now.

Thanks for the information.

jc_az
06-26-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
30p/55f/15c sounds like more of a cutting diet to me, not bulking.

I didn't think the breakdown would matter that much for bulking as long as I am eating more calories than I require for normal activity and I am. As I said I've added 550 calories than I was a couple of weeks ago when I finished my cutting diet.

When I ate more carbs. before like most suggest, yes, I gained weight, but it was more fat than anything.

I thought I'd experiment this time when bulking and am trying the other way, but since I lost weight I wasn't sure what was happening.

I'm going to keep adding calories and see what happens. Maybe I'll gain weight, but not so much fat this time.

Thanks for your post.

Holto
06-26-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
30p/55f/15c sounds like more of a cutting diet to me, not bulking.

my thoughts exactly...

carbs = insulin

insulin is more anabolic then testosterone

you need carbs to train hard and speed your metabolism

Saint Patrick
06-26-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by jc_az


I didn't think the breakdown would matter that much for bulking as long as I am eating more calories than I require for normal activity and I am. As I said I've added 550 calories than I was a couple of weeks ago when I finished my cutting diet.

When I ate more carbs. before like most suggest, yes, I gained weight, but it was more fat than anything.

I thought I'd experiment this time when bulking and am trying the other way, but since I lost weight I wasn't sure what was happening.

I'm going to keep adding calories and see what happens. Maybe I'll gain weight, but not so much fat this time.

Thanks for your post.

Maybe try a CID (33/33/33) with 550+ calories. The few extra carbs should help w/ your bulk.