PDA

View Full Version : Carbinated Drinks

KingNothing
06-26-2002, 08:44 PM
A buddy of mine said that drinks with carbination lower your metabolism. Aside from the high sugar content of carbinated drinks (namely soda since I can't stand beer), is there anything wrong with drinking them? How about diet?

Holto
06-26-2002, 08:50 PM
carbonation is not good for the enzymes in your stomach

someoneunlikeyo
06-26-2002, 10:35 PM
aspertame is an active ingredient in alot of carbonated water which can lead to decreased amounts of sperm count :eek:

Saint Patrick
06-26-2002, 10:49 PM
Every time you feel like having a soda, just grab some water. Lots of water.

KingNothing
06-26-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by stpatrick44
Every time you feel like having a soda, just grab some water. Lots of water.

Flavor is fun too, though. :)

Paul Stagg
06-27-2002, 07:35 AM
A buddy of mine said that drinks with carbination lower your metabolism. Aside from the high sugar content of carbinated drinks (namely soda since I can't stand beer), is there anything wrong with drinking them?

** not in moderation, no.

How about diet?

** Ditto.

carbonation is not good for the enzymes in your stomach

** How so?

aspertame is an active ingredient in alot of carbonated water which can lead to decreased amounts of sperm count

** No. Carbonated water is water with co2 in it. That's it. I don't know where you got the sperm count thing... could you post the reference?

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-27-2002, 07:37 AM
I stopped drinking soda cause of the sugar, and the sugar free soda really disrupts my stomach, so i stopped all soda drinking.

(except for alcoholic carbonated frosty beverages. I'm quite partial to them.)

ElPietro
06-27-2002, 07:39 AM
Drinks like perrier water have practically no cals. I consider it to be the same as drinking regular water. Some ppl seem to think they are high in sodium but that is not so either. CO2 is just gas, I don't think your body can use it for anything as you generally breath this gas out, or belch it out if you drink it fast.

There isn't much else in drinks like that...which is why they are so cheap.

Alex.V
06-27-2002, 07:43 AM
Some people get their panties in a wad over the phosphoric acid. Of course, compared to your gastric juices, the acid is pathetically weak. But it lets people write stupid e-mails like the infamous "Coke vs' water" one, and have a buncha idiots ooh and aah over it. News flash: Pure phosphoric acid is very caustic. So's pure citric acid. So are gastric juices. Did you know if you vomit on your car's chrome, it'll make it shiny?

Anyway, just make sure if you drink a lot of diet coke (put the regular stuff down), you either rinse your mouth out with water, or brush your teeth. The acid WILL cause some tooth damage over time. Then again, this holds true for ANY beverage with a ph. And I'm too lazy to write down thousands of drinks.

Celestial
06-27-2002, 08:50 AM
I stopped drinking soda almost two years ago. I really dont miss it much. I had a sip of it a few months ago and it burned like hell hahaha. I usually drink water with lemon. You become acustomed to it:)

Reinier
06-27-2002, 09:13 AM
I never really was a soda drinker...