PDA

View Full Version : article for 100g carbs a day?

tudmuf2b
06-27-2002, 07:30 AM
I've been looking around for a link to any published article that talks about keeping the intake of your carbs to a 100 or less grams a day? Doesn't anyone have a link to this?

All I can find is the Atkins stuff, and that's a little too extreme for me personally...

Thanks.

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-27-2002, 07:34 AM
less than 100g?

Any idea what it's called, the diet that is? or the article even?

There are several diets that keep carbs less than 100, but when you talk about then you usually refer to it as less than 60g (NHE) or less than 30g (CKD, SKD, TKD)

tudmuf2b
06-27-2002, 08:21 AM
Not sure what it's called. Folks here have been doing it and recommended it to me, and I've been on it for weeks with great results, but I'm wondering where they got that info from, as as friend of mine wants to do some research on it and try it out herself

gopher
06-27-2002, 08:21 AM
Beverly International has a lot of info on low carb diets. Checkout their site at bodybuildingworld.com

Celestial
06-27-2002, 08:48 AM
Yeah actually last year my doctor told me the same thing keep it under 100 and I have lost a good amount since then too. About 40lbs. Basicaly keeping your carbs low , eating under maitnence and working out, the end result is you will loose weight.

MRJ
06-27-2002, 11:44 AM
I consume 50-100 g daily and all is well.

Quite amazing what happens when one dips below 100g, give it a shot. You've nothing to lose, but fat that is.

tudmuf2b
06-27-2002, 12:24 PM
Cool. Like I mentioned, I've been on it for a little while and have lost like 10+ lbs in 5-6 weeks time, even with a couple days (okay like 5) of debauchery thrown in. ;)

I'm just trying to get "documentation" on it from a website that talks about going for 100g or less for my friend who wants to do it as well. I've found stuff for Atkins, but that's too low in terms of numbers of grams.

gopher, thanks for the site that you mentioned. i'm stilll perusing it! :)

Cue-Ball
06-27-2002, 02:07 PM
I don't think i could stick to a low carb diet. I'd be cheating before lunch time. I probably eat over 100g of carbs well before 10am every day and i'm still ravenously hungry ALL the time.

Jane
06-27-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Cue-Ball
I don't think i could stick to a low carb diet. I'd be cheating before lunch time. I probably eat over 100g of carbs well before 10am every day and i'm still ravenously hungry ALL the time.
The thing about low carb is that for most people, the high proportion of fat and the lessened insulin cause appetite suppression.

This doesn't always play for craving suppression though. :)

Cue-Ball
06-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Jane

The thing about low carb is that for most people, the high proportion of fat and the lessened insulin cause appetite suppression.

This doesn't always play for craving suppression though. :)

I eat a fair amount of "good" fat each day, but it doesn't help with my appetite. I use a tablespoon of Udo's Choice oil in my shakes first thing in the morning and right before bed. I also eat plenty of fiber to help "fill me up" but that doesn't work either. I think i'm eating ~3000-3500 calories/day or so, and still i'm hungry a lot of the time. For instance, i had a chicken pot pie, side of wild rice, side of steamed green beans, and ~20oz of water for lunch at 11:40. I'm already looking for something to eat. :( I get the feeling that the more i eat, the more my metabolism says "screw you! i'm hungry!".

Jane
06-27-2002, 03:08 PM
what is your macro breakdown like?

Btw, when I say 'low carb' I'm referring to about 60g or less a day. Everyone defines low carb differently.