PDA

View Full Version : is fruit the best food to bing on?

iLUDEd
06-27-2002, 09:49 AM
topics pretty self explanatory.. i always though fruit had a high level of carbs, if fruit definatly a no-no when on a low carb diet if you feel the need to bing?

gopher
06-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Most fruits are calorie and carb dense. Fruit is a no no on a low carb diet. Veggies would be a much better choice.

YatesNightBlade
06-27-2002, 10:48 AM
carb dense ?

WannaBeStrong
06-27-2002, 11:08 AM
bing ?

finaplixoid
06-27-2002, 12:05 PM
fruits are number one for carbup days if your low carbing
throw in a high carb day in each week to replenish glycogen levels

Jane
06-27-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by finaplixoid
fruits are number one for carbup days if your low carbing
Why?

Blood&Iron
06-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by SS-GOHAN
topics pretty self explanatory.. i always though fruit had a high level of carbs, if fruit definatly a no-no when on a low carb diet if you feel the need to bing?
Well, it's going to refill liver glycogen which will probably kick you out of ketosis and make it more difficult to get back into it, than if you use simple sugars, which will mostly go to refilling muscle glycogen. If you're on a keto, I'd avoid eating too much fruit during the carb up for this reason, though I don't think a little would be a problem. if you're doing a CID I'd eat a fair amount for optimal anabolism, though the same problem is still present, albeit to a lesser extent.

ElPietro
06-27-2002, 01:50 PM
I would think they would be very far from first on carb up day. Fructose isn't the ideal carbup option and fruit isn't really dense at all so unless you want to cram your face all day I'd say try something else, like brown rice, pasta or other foods such as that.

YatesNightBlade
06-28-2002, 03:33 AM
Nobody ever carbs up on fruit.

iLUDEd
06-28-2002, 08:31 AM
hrrm.. i think ill opt for my unsalted peanuts now
thanks for the help, now i got some facts to back myself up with next time mum tries to tell me fruits good for me to get rid of bodyfat :D

Tiare
06-29-2002, 08:13 PM
Fruit is not a good way to lose weight if you are on a ketonic diet (kind of takes you out of ketosis) but its very good on all other diets. Even low-carb diets, fruits are a good source of those small number of carbs (ex: an apple has about 19g carbs).

Point being, your mother is right about fruit being good for losing weight unless you are specifically doing a ketonic diet (which I don't like myself...)