PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Results

KingWilder
10-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find anything. What happens when you stop taking Results. I know most people don't take it year round. Do you lose any strength? Just curious.

Alex.V
10-29-2012, 01:17 PM
You remember what happened to Captain America? That transformation? It's like that, just in reverse.

Actually, you'll probably notice the reduction in anaerobic work capacity REAL fast- I was off it for about two weeks, and I could feel myself getting gassed on some hill sprints (bike) that I'd normally crush. A would assume a lot depends on your training as well- if you're going to come off it, I'd recommend it be during a deload time or off season... since the HMB has almost certainly let me get away with a slightly higher volume and less recovery than under normal circumstances.

Just my thoughts.

SMK41
10-30-2012, 09:16 AM
The past few years I've used Results while bulking and then gone off while cutting (I realize it would be beneficial while cutting, but it's extra calories plus it gets expensive using it year round). I have never had a drop off in strength gains when cycling off. I typically reduce the volume of my workouts slightly for the accessory exercies I do because it's hard to maintain the same level of endurance through a workout without it.

This past summer I was able to maintain my deadlift, squat, and bench gains for several months after cycling off Results and cutting at the same time. Towards the end of the summer my squat and bench went down a little bit, but I started bulking again in September and already have the numbers back up. I actually just ordered more Results during the Halloween sale and I'm looking forward to some big gains over the next 6 months. Hoping to hit 585x1 deadlift (6pps!) by the spring.

NITF
11-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I would say you won't notice much drop off in max strength, but you may notice a difference in how hard you can train and therefore how fast you can progress...

D-RAS03
11-03-2012, 05:48 PM
When I stopped results I noticed a drop in strength and endurance. But I started taking it again.

Dank27
11-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I had a small drop in endurance but minimal strength loss.

I usually cycle 3mo on and 1mo off depending on where I am at in my training cycle.