PDA

View Full Version : post workout meal for cutting diet?

iLUDEd
06-28-2002, 07:50 AM
if your cutting, is it still recomended that youd have a breakdown of something like 50g protein and 70g simple carbs for your post workout meal?
and also, how many g of carbs is ideal for your pre workout?
it may be a little difficult for me to fit in alot of carbs in my cutting diet because im going to follow a 50g 25f 25c ratio, maybe i should workout after my 2nd meal instead of before my last..
any suggestions?

WannaBeStrong
06-28-2002, 07:54 AM
From what I understand, the carbs will go to replete your glycogen stores and transport the protein.

I doubt (unless you lift everyday) that it would hurt you too much.

iLUDEd
06-28-2002, 08:17 AM
also, which carbs would be suggested to have with my whey (i have it with water), simple carbs with a high GI reading is prefered, but simple carbs such as fruit, milk and yoghurt are high in sugar, and complex carbs are high in fiber.. so what do i do?
have a banana with my whey?

Holto
06-28-2002, 03:05 PM
simple carbs are sugar and as wannabestrong pointed out they are unlikely to find there way to a muscle cell postworkout

Vido
06-28-2002, 03:17 PM
Fruit, milk, and yogurt are all poor choices. You want either dextrose or maltodextrin.

YAKKA
06-28-2002, 04:01 PM
how many carbs should one take after a work out while he`s
on a diet..

Vido
06-28-2002, 05:34 PM
Same amount as if you were not on a diet imo. You need the same nutrients when your body is dieting as when it is bulking. Therefore, to say that one should consume more when bulking is more or less saying that it is okay to gain fat while bulking.

iLUDEd
06-28-2002, 06:58 PM
is there any real foods i can have as carbs for post workout?

iLUDEd
07-04-2002, 02:59 AM
^ bump

so what form of carbs can i have with my whey as a post workout meal?.. im currently having 60g of whey with water and am getin my carbs from a banana.. but i read in a thread that banana's arnt advisable...

Vido
07-04-2002, 08:45 AM
Well SS-GOHAN, you are already consuming whey post-workout which is not a "real food" protein so why can't you just throw in some dextrose or maltodextrin into your shake? Of course, you can have real food carbs with your whey shake but why are you having the whey shake in the first place and not a chicken breast? It is becasue the whey gets digested more quickly. Therefore, you should be eating carbs with similar characteristics. I'm sure eating a banana will not hinder your performance too much, but you'd be better off consuming carbs in powder form. Also, a banana has somewhere around 30 g carbs which is not enough post-workout. If you stick with the bananas, have 2-3 instead.

iLUDEd
07-04-2002, 08:52 AM
coz real food isnt as quick absorbing as whey is..

when i said real foods in a previous post.. i meant, what solid foods are available that have dextrose & maltodextrin in them that arnt teribly high in sugar..

but i think ill just stick with the whey and as u suggested.. 2 banana's..

Vynod
07-04-2002, 09:08 AM
you can get glucose (dextrose) at some grocery store at dirt cheap prices. (an lb for $3-4 ) . mix 2 teaspoons of glucose with your whey powder and add water/milk.

the_hall
07-04-2002, 05:53 PM
i would stick to the same thing as when bulking, malto or dextrose or both with protien. Nlarge is a good cheap drink.

If you insist on having bannana's postworkout go ahead, whatever floats your boat. Who knows, some people probably eat pizza and tacos post workout too.

Saint Patrick
07-04-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by the_hall

If you insist on having bannana's postworkout go ahead, whatever floats your boat. Who knows, some people probably eat pizza and tacos post workout too.

Arnold drank beer post workout.:p

iLUDEd
07-05-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by wannabebeigger
you can get glucose (dextrose) at some grocery store at dirt cheap prices. (an lb for $3-4 ) . mix 2 teaspoons of glucose with your whey powder and add water/milk.

cool, ill have a look tomorrow