PDA

View Full Version : Understanding the "Need to Refeed"?

tudmuf2b
06-28-2002, 08:00 AM
Hey all, I've done a search on "refeed" on this site, and I'm still a little confused as to why it's totally necessary. I've been on a low carb (cutting) diet (>100 g a day), as most of you know by now, and it's worked with great results, but I keep reading about having 1-2 days a week of re-upping the carbs while on this diet.

The rationale I believe is to restock the glycogen levels in my body, but is it totally necessary is the question? I guess I still need to understand the biology of the human body a little bit....

MRJ
06-28-2002, 11:28 AM
I've been on <100g of carbs. for 4 weeks and have yet to feel the need to do a refeed. To date I have not experienced any adverse affects.

It should be noted I am on the upside of a cutting cycle. (I am increasing total calories weekly) I just decided to leave the carbs. low and note what happened.

Holto
06-28-2002, 02:20 PM
for nothing else it will drive your metabolism which will make the diet more effective

also training benefits to be had

tudmuf2b
07-01-2002, 02:08 PM
I've done refeeds, but they have been "unplanned" as friends keep dragging me to eat pizza with them for dinner, so I give in and get a couple of slices. I guess because my body's metabolism has increased to the point that that stuff really doesn't affect me too much (thanks to Xenadrine), and I actually am lighter on the scale the next day even after a carb fest....