PDA

View Full Version : glutamine and creatine amounts

runt
06-28-2002, 08:24 AM
I read recently that the amount you need of glutamine and creatine is weight dependant. I've never heard that before but it kind of makes sense. Does anyone else know about this?

Joe Black
06-29-2002, 10:18 AM
hmmm i think the small amount of creatine ands glutamine you take the difference amongst weights would really do very little.

I take 5g of each myself when I use those supplements.

gregnb
06-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Glutamine:

It's pretty much up to you. I take as much as I can afford. I used to take 5g's in the morning / 5g's before bed and on non-training days and on training days took 5g's in the morning / 5g's after training / 5 g's before bed. I got a good deal while back so I take 10g's at every serving now. Didn't really notice a difference..

davetha1
06-29-2002, 04:09 PM
I think the best way to dose glutamine is something like (5g at morning/ post-w/o/ bed). I know people who use as little as 5 and as much as 25g a day, i say its mostly dependent on what you can afford.

teeblair30
06-29-2002, 06:48 PM
I finally got a bottle of it yesterday ... It was like $47.. I think I will be taking it before and after workouts ...

Podium Kreatin
06-29-2002, 07:55 PM
glutamine is the type of supp u take thruout the day (kinda like vit C when u're sick). creatine however, is much cheaper, adn u can hold a maximum amt (10-20g in your system), and u can take 1-2doses a day.
good glutamine is really expensive, even when bought online, but i get more gains when i take a little of it every x hours than if i follow their suggestion of one 10g dose a day.