PDA

View Full Version : Properly setting bands

silverback8404
10-30-2012, 02:31 PM
I been trying to do DE with bands but whenever I set the bands, the weight flies back and to be honest, it scares the shit out of me. Falling with 300lbs+ does not sound good (well, maybe for some :rolleyes: ) I used both rogue fitness bands and EliteFTS short-bands. Same results. (I dont have access to monolift) I also get nasty shoulder and elbow pain when I bench with bands; is this normal?

Thanks guys

RFabsik
10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Ideally you should have the bands sets in line with the bar path.

How are you anchoring the bands? Do you have a video or picture?

The short bands are good only for the bench and deadlifts, they are too short for most to use on the squat.

If you are getting pain in the elbows and shoulder, have you tried wrist wraps? Other issues would be form, too much band tension for your strength level or too much volume with bands.

Darracq
10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Like above, you want the bands to anchor inline with where the bar touches your chest or upper abs.

SEOINAGE
10-31-2012, 01:24 PM
He probably has them lined up, but where he wracks the bar is forward from that plane. Something you have to get used to bands pulling backwards, maybe you have too much band tension.

As for bench, I have to be really careful personally, and I don't do DE bench anymore because I get the same thing, I've made great progress without DE bench and shoulders have stayed healthy. At some point I'll try implementing it again, but always watch out for your form, see if there's things that change with elbow position among other things. keeping tight and not pressing bar up but back into the bench. Basic good benching techniques can help, or you can scrap it like me.

silverback8404
11-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, Ill use less band tension and line it a bit better. As for bench, Ill do it without any bands. (Chains dont bother though)

thanks guys