View Full Version : ryu's journal

ryuage
01-21-2001, 01:50 PM
Wassup

Diet consisits of 3000 calories
300g carbs
227g protein
100g fat

Bulking up right now, off for the weekend because I am not currently in my house. I am roughly 170 15% bf goal to gain mass of course then cut probably around april/may.

Will post more info when I get home.

ryuage
01-21-2001, 09:32 PM
k. home, goal for the year is to be bigger and leaner of course. My split is as follows

monday: chest/shoulder/tri
flat db bench- 3x5-8
incline db bench- 3x5-8
pec deck or flies- 3x5-8

lateral raise-3x5-8
shoulder press or upright rows-3x5-8

pushdowns-3x5-8
skull crushers-3x5-8

wednsday: legs
squats:3x8-10 or 5x5
leg press: 3x8-10
sldl:2x5-8
calf raise:3x10

thursday or friday: back/bi

Hammer machine front pull down (just started this and I really get a feel in my back and am seeing results so Im trying it out) 1x10,2x8
DB Rows-3x8
Deadlift-2x6
DB shrug-2x8
BB shrug-2x8

BB or Hammer Machine curl - 2x5-8
Alternating DB Curl - 2x5-8

Today diet is off because I was gone out the whole weekend. Tomorrow I will be back on track and training again. I am farely weak right now, but hope as I grow I will be able to lift serious poundages in no time soon.

Ryu

ryuage
01-22-2001, 06:25 PM
Monday January 22, 2001

Meals so far are on time except post workout because I got out of the gym later then expected. 2 Meals to go... rice and salmon yum!! Worked out chest/shoulder/tri

Strength went up on both flat and incline db. Went up 5 lpbs on each hand which felt good. Other lifts are about the same but maybe an added rep or two. I know I can lift more intensely than what I put out today, but I guess I just gotta pound myself in the head and push that weight with all my might. See ya tomorrow!

ryuage
01-23-2001, 07:11 PM
No training today, today was a rest day. Also feeling a cold coming. Everything was on time except for meal 5 because my steak didnt thaw on time because I forgot to set it out =] One more meal to go and I need to go grocery shopping! Legs tomorrow yipee.

ryuage
01-24-2001, 08:42 PM
January 24, 2001

Arg! had a good nights sleep about 9 hours. Felt food while training. 5 Meals down so far and 1 more to go.

Lifts were good and I think I coulda even did heavier weight

Squats +20 - broke 200 mark woohoo! felt I coulda done more though, these are the times I wish i had a spotter
Leg Press +20 - also felt I shoulda done more , dont know why I didn't
SLDL +20 - I seriously dont feel this exercise in my hams I think I am gonna alternate to leg curls and see how that works out.
Calf Raise +30 - also felt I could do more

We will see what happens next week!

Payce out.

ryuage
01-25-2001, 08:10 PM
Off day, to both rest and grow. Had about 8 1/2 hours sleep last night, hopefully I get a little more tonight. It's kinda hard because I have so much to do before the day is through and I end up sleeping before I have time to finish all of what needs to be done just for the sake of sleeping. Food was off on the 2nd meal seems the clock in my 2nd period was off.. hehe missed meal by about 20 minutes =\ every other meal was on time. Training Back/Bi's
tomorrow. Water is about a gallon 1/2 - 2 so far. One more meal to go!

ryuage
01-26-2001, 11:43 PM
Friday January 26

Some people could be the biggest jerks.. I come out of the gym and dont suspect a thing but driving home and getting some food, but when I open my door I look at the passanger window and some dumb asses shattered it. Now Im thinking what dumb F*** would do such a stupid thing for no reason? Ok just had to get that out of my system for the 100000 time. I worked Back/Bi's today

All my lifts for back went up but I am still failing to progress much in the Bi department. I guess I'm not hitting them hard enough, Well have to try next week.

Sleep was good about 9 + hours which is very very good thing. I am trying my hardest to sleep as early as possible.

Diet went good except for 1 meal sort of substituted a steak I was supposed to have for some barbeque and fish my parents brought home =] other then that RIGHT ON! water was good. Weekend was made for resting. Time to grow!

l8z

Franco
01-27-2001, 12:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your car window, there can be some real arseholes around today:mad:

ryuage
01-29-2001, 10:45 PM
Things going good, today lifts were all up. Tomorrow is a rest day. Going to sleep right now have finals tomorrow!

Food: meals were on time and drank about 2 gallons water

will keep everyone posted!

http://www.steventek.com in the making.

ryuage
01-31-2001, 06:01 PM
Diet is on so far today, I think I need a little more water, 2 more meals to go and Im eating eat eating!.

I worked out legs today and went up 10 in squat. I got 2 plates a side now, I got 7 reps down then went down on 8 and boom! i couldnt get up no matter how hard I tried so I Just dropped the weight and clang! I tried, I thought icould go another rep but I just couldn't get it up. THese are the times I wish I had a spotter. all other lifts went up and feeling strong.

Sleep is about 8 hours a night, wish I could get more, but I just can't. Plus I have finals to worry about arg!

See ya next time, tomorrow will be a rest day and back/bis continue on Friday.

ryuage
02-03-2001, 08:42 PM
Trained back/bi's today, I went in a little exhausted because I came straight from practice for a show we are doing. Well strength was up a bit, but I think I could have lifted more if I waited a bit, but I guess I just wanted to lift then and there.

Diet was a little hectic, I guess today is someone of a cheat day, but I am just trying to eat as much as I can, mostly clean though. Water was good had about 7 litres so far, tomorrow time for church and relaxation.

ryuage
02-10-2001, 11:08 PM
wow forgot to update this thing guess life kept me busy...

monday: did chest/shoulders/tris

i incorporated incline flies into my routine and I like it alot i feel they isolate my chest more. My flat db press went up but my reps on incline went down because I gave it my all on the flat bench. Diet and sleep were both good.

Wednsday: legs

My squat remained the same... I dont know why I was progressing good till this week, My leg press and my sldl both went up though. Diet and sleep was good again

Today:

woke up and had breakfast, went to the gym to do back/bi's and I had a real good workout. My back, bis, forearms are sore. Ate tons of food and drank tons of water. One more meal then its off to hit the hay

ryuage
02-13-2001, 11:35 PM
Well yesterday I trained chest/shoulder/tri's I tried doing a lower volume.. I didnt feel I need flat presses so I dropped them and change my chest routine to 3 sets of incline flies and 3 sets of incline db press, 2 sets military press 2 sets lateral raise, 2 sets skull crushers and 2 sets press downs. I will see how this works and make adjustments if necessary. Food and water was good the whole day and got about 8 hrs of sleep.

TOday was a rest day to grow and just eat. Diet and water was good hope to get about 8 - 8.5 hours of sleep tonight, I will update tomorrow after my leg workout

Eat, sleep, train hard in that order

ryuage
02-14-2001, 09:11 PM
Trained mah legs today! I don't know why but I feel leg press more in my quads then I do squats... thats just me. My squat isnt progressing as it used to be and I think I am stuck at a weight hopefully be out of it in a week or two. For some reason while performing calf raises my lower back started to hurt, guess its all the pressure or am I just using bad form? Well all my lifts went up and food is plentiful. I am sorta getting sick of eating =o Well tomorrow is a rest day then I will work back/bi on friday. I am looking to change my routine by next week so look out!

ryuage
02-19-2001, 07:47 PM
Things are progresing fine as of today I am now 180 lpbs without much or if any an increase in bodyfat. Thing is training is slowing a little and the poundages arent go as up as I had hoped for. I also have something on the 7th that I would like to look good for, but at the same time I don't want to stop bulking so if I am gonna start dieting for that I will decide by next monday.

Training: Did Chest/shoulder/tri's I dropped sets and am doing 6 sets for chest 4 for shoulders and 4 for tris so its looking

Flat DB bench 3x5-8
Incline Fly 3x5-8

Military Press 2x5-8
Side Lateral 2x8

Skull Crusher 1x8 2x whatever I can get up with a 5 lpb increase
Pressdown 2x5-8

Diet - I pretty much got the hang of my diet and havent been counting as I used to I just sorta know how much to eat and I eat it at that time. Water intake is good.

Sleep is 8 hours and more if I ever get the time to sleep more!

ryuage
02-26-2001, 06:56 PM
Sorry for no update, house was being repainted and couldn't use my computer for awhile. Well plans have changed and now I am gonna start cutting up for something i have on the 7th of April leaving me aproxamently 6 weeks! AHHHH wish I had more time. My diet is about 2400 calories 40/40/20 protein/fat/carb
going with a higher fat to see how it works out.

My stats are
5'11 183 lpbs I will post bodyfat tomorrow, boy am I scared to see what my bodyfat is!

Routine will stay the same..

Supplements: I will star glutamine as soon as I get it in and I am gonna be taking clen for maybe 1-3 weeks and see how everythings goes.

Will post pics every week to see my progress hope to see some feedback =]

ryuage
03-04-2001, 08:38 PM
Ok as of now I am 171 16% bodyfat goal for april 7th is at LEAST 12% if I can get to 10 oh boy id be happy. My clen should be coming in some time this week how long does it take to ship from friggin europe!!!! been a week I'm giving it till at least wednsday.

My strength on practically EVERY lift is going up and I am feeling good about that, my diet has been good and had a cheat meal today. Water and sleep is real good to.

As for changing diet I am thinking about dropping 100 cals a week for the next 4 weeks, will see how everything turns out. Will keep this updated!

ryuage
03-08-2001, 10:49 PM
Waiting for my clen to come in. How long does it take to friggin ship from Europe to States!@!!!. Will see how much bodyfat has dropped this Sunday, I look a bit leaner, but still feel like a fat a**. I was thinking about doing keto for a week but not sure if I should.

I am trying to compose a new routine to change things up a bit. As for lifting all my strength is going up. Except for my chest/delt/tri workout had someone what of a cold and wasnt feeling good. Would finish the set and my face would be burning up. Squats though on wednsday was good and weight went up 5 lpb and managed to get 3x8.

Diet is good I lowered cals down to about 2100 calories still 40 protein 40 fat and 20 carb.

Also in other news im gonna be going into the army =]

ryuage
03-11-2001, 07:38 PM
Ok with the help of cack I came up with a new routine.

Monday - Chest/arms

flat BB press-2x6-8, dips-2x6-8, flye-2x6-10, BB curl-2x6-8, skull crusher-2x6-8

wednesday (legs) squat-3x6, Leg Press 1x10, SLDL-2x6, calf raise-2x12, weighted crunches-2x10

friday (back/delts) chins-3x6, row-2x6, Shrugs-2x10, DB shoulder press-2x6-10, side lateral-1x10

Got my clen in and will start it tomorrow at 2 tabs a day then increase 1 a day until I feel I have reached a good amount.

ryuage
03-11-2001, 10:01 PM
Ok with the help of cack I came up with a new routine.

Monday - Chest/arms

flat BB press-2x6-8, dips-2x6-8, flye-2x6-10, BB curl-2x6-8, skull crusher-2x6-8

wednesday (legs) squat-3x6, Leg Press 1x10, SLDL-2x6, calf raise-2x12, weighted crunches-2x10

friday (back/delts) chins-3x6, row-2x6, Shrugs-2x10, DB shoulder press-2x6-10, side lateral-1x10

Got my clen in and will start it tomorrow at 2 tabs a day then increase 1 a day until I feel I have reached a good amount.

Cackerot69
03-12-2001, 02:32 PM
nice routine :)

ryuage
03-13-2001, 06:38 PM
hehe =p

Ok, diet right now is 2000 calories using 40/40/20 protein/fa/carbs

Doing my cardio 3x @ 30 minutes each

I had leg day today and wow my energy was up there Squats went up 10 lpbs, Leg press went up 10 lpbs, sldl went up 5 lpbs

Getting leaner every second!

I am more dedicated then ever, I even created a bulleting on my wall with all my weekly lifts and goals posted! Nothing can stop me!

ryuage
03-18-2001, 08:18 PM
Bad weekend for diet... I was *supposed* to go snowboarding this weekend but ended up not going because a certain someone in my family wasnt feeling good.. this is the umpteenth time something has come up.. so diet this weekend is off but I have been verrrrrrrry active so burning them calories.. eating then strenuous activity does not mix. My last day of this wrecked diet will beon tuesday.. I am taking my army physical which will be from 3 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon!@#@#@ Monday , Wednsday on should be back on track and as for a cheat day this upcoming week we will have to forget about that.

Training is good all my lifts are going up now i need to drop this fat faster then ever ahHHHH!

Sleep - I TRY!