PDA

View Full Version : New Powerlifting / Strongman / Olympic Gym in Monroe, NC (Near Charlotte, NC)

Tom Mutaffis
10-31-2012, 09:39 AM
This gym recently opened, they have everything that one might need to train for athletics, powerlifting, crossfit, strongman, or olympic lifting.

Right now they are running a promotion and it is only $3-4/session for packs of 10 or 20 (http://touch.groupon.com/deals/cross-fit-monroe-1?mobile=true)

Here is what they have:

- Large Rig (power racks, rings, etc.)
- Rogue Power Rack with band attachments and deadlift platform with band attachments
- Multiple Rogue Olympic Bars (good ones), Texas Power Bars, Texas Deadlift Bar, 2" Solid Axle Bar, etc.
- (2) Olympic Platforms
- Fixed bench and multiple flat benches that can be used in racks
- Set of dumbbells from 20 lbs to roughly 90 lbs
- Kettlebells from roughly 15 lbs to 70 lbs
- Atlas stones from 100 lbs to 200+ lbs
- Tires from 200 lbs to 650 lbs
- Hundreds of pounds of bumpers (all sizes) along with over 1,000 lbs of steel olympic plates.
- Yoke, Farmers Walk, Prowler Sleds, Sledgehammers, Slam Balls, Med Balls, boxes for box jumps, etc.
- Indoor 60'+ rubber matted run for strongman events and 60' turf for conditioning/sled work.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/tmutaffis/CrossfitMonroe1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/tmutaffis/CrossfitMonroe2.jpg

Brian Hopper
10-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Looks good!

DontTakeEmOff31
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Looks awesome. I train at a place that like (only smaller) and after switching I can never go back to lifting at a public / mainstream gym.

gopostal42
10-31-2012, 07:22 PM
visited there 2 weeks ago and i'm a fan of the set up and a HUGE fan of the owner. Greg and Sharon Crook are really some of the greatest people you could hope to meet. humble, sincere and always willing to help. really hope this place blows up in members quick, they deserve it.

Tom Mutaffis
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Looks good!

Looks awesome. I train at a place that like (only smaller) and after switching I can never go back to lifting at a public / mainstream gym.

visited there 2 weeks ago and i'm a fan of the set up and a HUGE fan of the owner. Greg and Sharon Crook are really some of the greatest people you could hope to meet. humble, sincere and always willing to help. really hope this place blows up in members quick, they deserve it.

It really is a great facility and he is supportive of all training styles - Crossfit, Powerlifting, Strongman, etc.

chris mason
11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Looks a lot like a CrossFit box... Am I correct? And yes, I love CF, so no, that is not a negative thing.

Tom Mutaffis
11-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Looks a lot like a CrossFit box... Am I correct? And yes, I love CF, so no, that is not a negative thing.

Yes, it is Crossfit Monroe. He set up the front of the gym to be a Crossfit gym but then put Olympic Lifting and Powerlifting platforms in the back along with some additional equipment (dumbbells, strongman equipment, etc.) to appeal to a greater population.

cool gym it looks nice in its stuffs and size and i would like to ask what is the monthly fees you are charging for workouts here

I do not know the monthly rate but the groupon rate allows you to train there for $3-4/session for 10 or 20 sessions, which is very reasonable.

Jonathan E
11-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Looks awesome. Anyone familiar with any gyms like this in the chicago-land area?

ScottYard
11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice. I like the fact that most cross fit gyms are in order and clean. Not like our gym LOL

DaveA
01-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Looks awesome. Anyone familiar with any gyms like this in the chicago-land area?

Crossfit Construct (where I train) has huge tires, yolks, atlas stones, reverse hyper, axle bars, etc. Of course it is mostly centered around crossfit, but as you can see they have plenty of strongman/power lifting type equipment. The owner is a really cool guy as well.

Jonathan E
01-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Crossfit Construct (where I train) has huge tires, yolks, atlas stones, reverse hyper, axle bars, etc. Of course it is mostly centered around crossfit, but as you can see they have plenty of strongman/power lifting type equipment. The owner is a really cool guy as well.

Interesting. What part of Chicago? Im possibly interested in finding a location to train for football during this upcoming summer. (With the limitation of summer camp here.)