PDA

View Full Version : Where To Buy Some Cheap, Yet Reliable, Bodyfat Calipers.. ?

MonStar
07-02-2002, 10:00 AM
I think that I have seen them in stores like Wal-Mart etc. but I dont know how reliable / accurate they are.

I am just going to be using them the day before, and then the day after a refeed.

MS

Paul Stagg
07-02-2002, 10:17 AM
prettymuch any reputable supplement website should have them.

netrition does.

MonStar
07-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Paul Stagg-
Do you think that the ones youll get from Wal-Mart or a sporting goods store are probably going to be as decent as the ones from a supplement website?

MS

MonStar
07-02-2002, 10:25 AM
What do you think about the Accumeausre Digital bodyfat caliper?

Which do you think is more accurate the digital or manual bodyfat caliper?

MS

Paul Stagg
07-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Any will do, I'm sure.

Slimguide is the brand (I think) most people see.

MonStar
07-02-2002, 10:39 AM
Paul Stagg-
Yeah man thats what I figured. I have read though that theyre completely inaccurate. I mean like way way way off supposedly. Everyone who has used calipers says that underwater testing is the only real accurate way to guage bodyfat %.

MS

Paul Stagg
07-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Caliper measurements with an appropriate formula will be off by as much as 5%.

However, as long as you measure the same way each time, the measurements themselves can serve as a benchmark. (this week, the measurement is 6mm, last week it was 7mm, that means a reduction in fat.)

MonStar
07-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
However, as long as you measure the same way each time, the measurements themselves can serve as a benchmark. (this week, the measurement is 6mm, last week it was 7mm, that means a reduction in fat.)

Okay man, one last final question. Haha Im sorry if I am annoying you. ;);)

Would you recommend a digital or manual bodyfat caliper?

MS

orangecrush
07-02-2002, 11:02 AM
How do they exactly work. I want to know about the Wal-Mart ones and the under water ones.

zwarrior99
07-07-2002, 09:32 AM
umm they should both be the same. but digital should be better, since it takes out the math out of it,lol. But the digital beeps so you dont pinch to hard. But hey go with whatever u want.