PDA

View Full Version : So, paul, why are you so hard on people in the fitness industry?

Paul Stagg
07-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Someone who I assume charges people for his training and diet expertise posted the following as a 'tip of the day' on another site:

"There is no substitute for water!

and bonus tip:

You wouldn't put SUGAR in your gas tank......Don't put it in your BODY!"

Now, the FIRST tip, isn't so bad. There are things you can drink other than water, but water is good.

The second is the one I find facinating. Apparently, this self proclaimed expert had determined we should all be drinking gasoline, since that IS what we put in our gas tanks (those of you with diesals, be certain you go to the appropriate pump for lunch).

No sugar. For everyone. Regardelss of your goals, body composition, health, or needs. In one fell swoop, we've eliminated fruit, milk, dextrose, and Coca Cola. Thank goodness for experts on the web, eh?

Celestial
07-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Man get this! I quit the gym I was working at bout a month and half ago. 2 weeks before that a guy started working there as a sales rep. He said he wanted to be a PT so he went and got a cert with ACE. Now he is working as a PT at the gym and I saw him with a client yesterday ......all I know is I wouldnt pay him **** to train me. Everyone there is saying I am wasting my time to go to school for Kinesiology.....I see it as an investment and I refuse to look like any of those retards when I train my clients.

davetha1
07-02-2002, 03:09 PM
I should charge people and tell them you shouldnt stick your fingers in an electrical socket just out of the shower. Im a self proclaimed life expert.

Goin_Big
07-02-2002, 04:31 PM
:rolleyes:

Maki Riddington
07-02-2002, 06:24 PM
*** That's a pretty lame analogy if you ask me.
How about this one:

Question:
What exactly is plyometric training?

Answer:
Plyometrics is a form of training where a fast eccentric (negative) contraction is followed by an explosive concentric (positive) contraction.

*** Although I've copy and pasted the first bit and not the whole thing this answer is not exactly right. This answer demonstrates that the authors knowledge is not up to par on this topic.
Muscle action is not simply generalized as being concentric and eccentric. Where is the isometric action? In any movement muscle action uses all three types of action not one or two, but all of them.
This should also be in training but I couldn't resist.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-04-2002, 01:10 PM
lol.

I know where that quote came from.

Still lol.

Maki Riddington
07-04-2002, 02:01 PM
You mean the quote Paul posted?

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-04-2002, 03:00 PM
yup.

Monster Muscle
07-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Celestial
Man get this! I quit the gym I was working at bout a month and half ago. 2 weeks before that a guy started working there as a sales rep. He said he wanted to be a PT so he went and got a cert with ACE. Now he is working as a PT at the gym and I saw him with a client yesterday ......all I know is I wouldnt pay him **** to train me. Everyone there is saying I am wasting my time to go to school for Kinesiology.....I see it as an investment and I refuse to look like any of those retards when I train my clients.

being ACE certified is a joke

the doc
07-07-2002, 11:13 AM
I would never hire a trainer. never

Celestial
07-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by the doc
I would never hire a trainer. never Makes me feel good:( :p