PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Tooth Problem! Help!

Celestial
07-02-2002, 09:45 PM
I have the worst sweet tooth problem! I cant help it. I been craving it like mad. I am staying on my low carbd iet of 100g's or less and its hard. SO does anyone know of any low carb sweet trats other then sugar free jello or pudding? Thanx in advance!

Vido
07-02-2002, 10:43 PM
I don't even know what to say...ok never mind, I do. REAL PUDDING ,REAL POP, REAL JELLO, REAL CHEWING GUM, etc., are ALL better for you than that fake artificial crap!
This does not answer your question at all, nor was that the intention. I just can't believe how many people eat that $#!@ and think they are doing themselves a favour.

BCC
07-03-2002, 12:03 AM
Buy some stevia, and add it to everything crappy that would taste good with sugar.

MWB
07-03-2002, 04:15 AM
5-HTP is supposed to help carb cravings.

Here's what I used to do. Get some cyrstal light and make it into ices cubes, then either belnd it into a slushie or just suck on the cubes.

WannaBeStrong
07-03-2002, 05:06 AM
The favour is, she stays in Ketosis.

Vido
07-03-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by WannaBeStrong
The favour is, she stays in Ketosis.

Uhhhhhhhhh...no. She didn't mention anything about being on a keto diet, only that she takes in less than 100 g carbs a day. By this, I'm sure she does not mean 10-20 g carbs or she would have said under 30 or 50. There is no way she is getting into ketosis at that number of carbs, unless she is also megadosing ALA.

Goin_Big
07-03-2002, 08:38 AM
Celestial, why not have something sweet in the morning, and still stay under 100 carbs for the entire day. Something like a cup of vanilla ice cream, it will help to stop the cravings. Or get something that has a few carbs in it and snack on a little any time you get a craving. Too much restriction will mess you over.

WannaBeStrong
07-03-2002, 08:41 AM
My bad. The last 3 PM's Celest and I have had involved a ketogenic diet. I skimmed and assumed.

Goin_Big
07-03-2002, 08:41 AM
There's also those little mini cups of ice cream they sell in the packs of like 12, those only have around 20 carbs in'em, could be good when you get hit the hardest by a craving.

also, kemp's ice cream bars have 12 carbs in'em and 150 cals, not bad eh.

Celestial
07-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Thats what I been doing, having a bit of ice cream in the afternoon. But I always need something sweet after a meal even if its a lil but of candy. I dunno why, its quite annoying actually lol:) Well thank you all for the ideas! I love the crystal light icee one hehe. I an gonna make jello and oudding in bulk tonight and try to stay away from the ice cream tuttut

Dominator
07-03-2002, 12:58 PM
WATER :( sorry cutting and keto don't allow sweets. Just think of it as a measure of dedication.

tudmuf2b
07-03-2002, 01:43 PM
What if you substituted lowfat cottage cheese and told yourself (your brain that is) that it's ice cream? That's what I've been doing during big gatherings in my apartment, with my friends munching on ice cream bars and me...well grossing them out eating cottage with black pepper on top? It's got some calories, but it's not that bad carb-wise I think...

tudmuf2b
07-03-2002, 01:44 PM
btw Celestial, I'm on the same 100g of carbs a day or less, and it seems to be working for me....

CBates
07-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Something I use for a low carb meal that taste pretty sweet is, fix 1/2 cup of oats, 5 or 6 packets of equal, some cinnamon, and a scoop of protein powder.

ElPietro
07-03-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Vido
I don't even know what to say...ok never mind, I do. REAL PUDDING ,REAL POP, REAL JELLO, REAL CHEWING GUM, etc., are ALL better for you than that fake artificial crap!
This does not answer your question at all, nor was that the intention. I just can't believe how many people eat that $#!@ and think they are doing themselves a favour.

Oh so they should go with Real pudding from the pudding plant? Or from the Jello tree? Do you think they are actually better for you? Generally the only thing is sugar manipulation so I don't understand how diet pop is fake sh!t and pop is real. Avoiding all that crap is doing yourself a favour but getting something with reduced carbs if you are on a low carb diet if it will easy your cravings is a much better option, than the REAL crap.

Savannah
07-03-2002, 03:20 PM
Freeze a low carb mrp or even some protein powders work well by mixing it with just a little bit of water, stick it in the freezer for a while and it's just like ice cream (sorta)

btw something i heard this morning regarding aspartame. It can allow you to hold on to up to 10 lbs of water??? anyone else hear this ?

Vido
07-03-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro

Oh so they should go with Real pudding from the pudding plant? Or from the Jello tree? Do you think they are actually better for you? Generally the only thing is sugar manipulation so I don't understand how diet pop is fake sh!t and pop is real. Avoiding all that crap is doing yourself a favour but getting something with reduced carbs if you are on a low carb diet if it will easy your cravings is a much better option, than the REAL crap.

HaHaHa funny guy eh? "Pudding plant"... "Jello tree" :rolleyes:
You know this may be hard news for you to swallow ElPietro, but take a wild guess what satisfies a CARB craving. Wait...wait...wait...here it comes...CARBS :eek: You body is not craving artificial sweeteners. It is craving, CARBS...yes, that's right, CARBS. You may believe you are satisfying the carb craving, but physiologically that is not possible. So, if you are getting rid of your cravings with fake sweeteners acting as a placebo for carbs then in reality, you didn't really have a craving in the first place and you could just need to work on your will power.