PDA

View Full Version : Water Freak!

Kayak_boy
07-02-2002, 11:52 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at some journals,and apart from being a big motivavtion to me, I realise that they will also help me stick to my plans as they have done for many of you.:)

From my name you might guess that I'm a kayak and surf ski racer. I'm making a big effort this winter (I'm on Oz) to put on some extra kilos and catch up to the big guys.

I started to bulk about 3 months ago, started at 72 Kilos and in the Gym on Monday night I was 78... a PR. I've always had a very low body fat level, but I've cut back heaps on cardio for this period in an attempt to get bigger and stronger. I'm also eating an extra two meals a day. So the bodyfat has risen a bit, maybe to 12%:(

I train in the gym 3 times a week. My split is Chest/Tris/Shoulders/ABS and Back/Bis/Legs. I start one week with the first session on a Monday, the the second on a Wednesday, the the first again on a Friday. I might drop in some different excercises in each too, like flys one sessions, incline bench the next on chest days for example. You will notice from my workouts that I'm not very concerned with legs, this isn't 'cos I don't like doing them, just that I can't afford to carry the extra weight around in the kayak.

Tonight is Chest/tris/shoulders day, so I'll post tomorrow how I go.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated:)

Kayak_boy
07-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Bit of a bump for my first post!!!

Ah well.

Anyway, last night was chest/tris/shoulders.

I've got a bit of a problem with my left shoulder at the moment, kills me when doing Bench, so I did one warmup rep and said NO, too sore. Dropped Bench and did the following:

Cable Crossovers (for the first time ever)

30 (Kgs) x 10, 35 x 10, 40 x 10.

Tricep Cable pressdowns:

170 (lbs) x 6, 170 x 6, 170 x 6

Military Press:

80 (lbs) x 6, 80 x 6, 80 x 6

Incline Bench:

70 (lbs) x6, 70 x 8, 75 x 8

Dips (Weighted)

40 (Lbs) x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Shrugs (Dumbbells)

85 (lbs) x 8, 85 x 8, 85 x 8

Abs (Sit Ups- Weignted)

20 (Kgs) x 10, 20 x 10, 20 x 10.

Took 59 Mins.

Food yesterday.

Wrap with Tandori chicken, rocket, onion, tomato

Baked potato with baked beans and chicken

Bag of Starbursts snakes..... bold!!

Some roasted peanuts.

Pork ribs and rice

Protein shake

Out for dinner with my chick, Indian. Had a yummy chicken dish with onion and lentins, rice, nan bread

Felt stuffed yesterday. Also weight was just below 79 kgs.... new PR, but my belly was very full:)

So far today I've had a protein shake mixed with glutamine and creatine. Gonna head for some food now.

Tonight I plan to do a run for 30 mins and then 30 mins on a paddling machine (kinda like a rowing machine, but the same action as paddling a kayak)

Cheers.

iLUDEd
07-04-2002, 01:08 AM
keep it up dude.. smart move not to carry on if ya to sore, u dont wana strain yaself any more than u already have..

Kayak_boy
07-04-2002, 05:16 PM
Yeah, it's feeling a lot better today, cheers.

Hey, you into Hondas???

Kayak_boy
07-07-2002, 10:45 PM
Ok, was meant to lift on Friday, felt **** and had some mouth ulcers so I just crashed out in front of TV for the evening. Felt much better Saturday. So got down the gym.

Back and Bicep day.

Pullups (weighted)

30 (lbs) x 6, 30 x 6, 30 x 6

Bench Pulls

140 (lbs) x 6, 140 x 6, 140 x 6

Curls

40 (Lbs) x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Deadlifts

87.5 (Kgs) x 8, 90 x 8, 95 x 8

Lat Pull Downs

65 (Kgs) x 6, 65 x 6, 65 x 6

Rows

160 (Lbs) x 6, 160 x 6, 160 x 6

Reverse Wrist Curls

30 (Lbs) x 20, 30 x 20, 30 x 20

Wasn't too bad a workout, felt ok after it.

All went pearshaped when I went out for dinner with my girl on Saturday night, we had some wine, a few cocktails went clubbing, loads of vodka and other stuff...... it's Monday now and I'm still suffering!!!! Why do I do this to myself??

I'll be good next weekend and go easy... I hope.:D

No way I could lift tonight, so I'll put this weeks training back a day.:(

rookiebldr
07-07-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Kayak_boy
...All went pearshaped when I went out for dinner with my girl on Saturday night, we had some wine, a few cocktails went clubbing, loads of vodka and other stuff...... it's Monday now and I'm still suffering!!!! Why do I do this to myself??

Because it's fun :alcoholic - sometimes.

Kayak_boy
07-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Well it made perfect sense at the time!!!!:D

Feeling much better today thanks.

God, never again!

Kayak_boy
07-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Just conecntrated on eating and resting at the beginning of this week, so made it to the gym last night.

Chest, tris and shoulders.

Bench Press:

70 Kgs x 6, 70 x 6, 70 x 1 (bloody shoulder gave way again, bloody sore!!)

Tricep cable press downs:

170 lbs x 6, 170 x 6, 170 x 6

Smith Machine Military Press:

80 lbs x 6, 80 x 6, 80 x 6

Cable crossovers:

40 Kgs x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 10

Weighted Dips

40 lbs, x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Dumbbell Shrugs:

85 x 8, 85 x 8, 85 x 8

Weighted Sit ups on Swiss Ball:

10 Kgs x 10, 10 x 10, 10 x 10

Felt absolutly shattered after this, went home and crashed in fron of TV, fell asleep, woke up at about 10.30, fell up to bed and woke up at 4 in my clothes on my bed!!! And what a strugle to get out of bed this morning.

Mental Note to self which I may consider tatatooing on forehead..."Go easy this weekend!!"

Right, it's time to eat, ciao for now.

Kayak_boy
07-11-2002, 11:06 PM
Bloody shoulder is still at me, not as bad today. I've got back and biceps tonight. Been eating like a horse and sleeping like a baby this week. :)

Hope we've got some waves this weekend, haven't been for a surf in ages.... water's too damn cold!:(

So the aim is a p!ss (beer) free weekend, laods of food and some time in the water...... yeeeeah. The chances of this happening?? Slim, very slim!!!:D

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:11 PM
tuttut.

altho beer is carbs, loads of food would be better.

'splain to me how mouth ulcers kept your from lifitng the other day?

Kayak_boy
07-11-2002, 11:20 PM
I've found out that food is generally a better source of carbs.... doesn't hurt the head too much either!!!

Well it wasn't exactely the ulcars that stopped me, it was a generally run down "I can't like myself of this sofa" kind of thing I had going!!

I know, very bold, but I'm feeling much better now.... think that day off did me the world of good!!;)

I'll be good this weekend and train heaps, weights tonight, kayak paddling tomorrow morning, ski paddling tomorrow avo and then maybe a kayak race on Sunday morning.

Gonna go to the footie tonight, Australia v Great Britian.... and the Poms are gonna get a thrashing!!!:D

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:25 PM
hmmm..that sounds like an opportunity to drink beer.

ya know, i'm kicking myself because thise summer i was planning on learning to kayak/canoe, and raft.

i've done none of that so far, and can't find a soul to do it with me. :(

is this sea-kayaking or river kayaking?

Kayak_boy
07-11-2002, 11:29 PM
Nope, I promise it won't be.... I'm gonna be good to my body this weekend!!

You should give it a go, I've been doing it since I was 11 and I love it. I've done ok and made it to my national team, but didn't win anything at a world cup race or anything........ that's next!!:D

When I'm paddling kayaks it's always on rivers, canals or lakes and I paddle surf skis in the ocean...... love the surf!!

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:33 PM
i see. why not ocean kayaking?

there is actually a river less then 2 miles from me. I'm actually planning on moving to a community that's right on it in a couple of months. i can't wait.

Kayak_boy
07-11-2002, 11:41 PM
'Cos I do it to race, that ocean kayaking thing is all a bit chilled out for me. Maybe when I get older I'll appreciate a weekend away doing stuff like that, but for now it's ll about getting through the surf, around the cans (bouys) and back to the beach ASAP!!!

Well you make sure you get yourself in a boat and start enjoying the water, you'll have a ball. And if you need any tips on gear or boat type etc you just shout, ok??:D

Tryska
07-12-2002, 11:33 AM
i see..and that makes sense. If i can find a partner around here, I will definitely give it a shot. and let you know if i have any questions too.

Kayak_boy
07-14-2002, 11:23 PM
So how we all doing?? I'm feeling ****.... again!!! Think I have a cold, my chick has one and everyone in work has one and I think it's just on the go and I have to push through.... I hate being under the weather.

Anyway, Friday evening I did Back and Biceps.

Pullups (weighted)

30 lbs x 6, 30 x 6, 30 x 6

Bench Pulls

140 lbs x 6, 140 x 6, 140 x 6

Dumbbell Curls

40 lbs x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Deadlifts

100 (Kgs) x 6, 100 x 6, 100 x 6

Lat pull Downs

65 Kgs x 6, 65 x 6, 65 x 6

One arm rows

65 lbs x 8, 65 x 8, 65 x 8

Reverse wrist curls

30 Lbs x 20, 30 x 20, 30 x 20

Wasn't a bad session, very tired after it.

Weight is up to 79 Kgs, but my body fat is the highest it has ever been. I'm usually a 29" or 30" waist and I'm 32" now, gonna start doing a bit more cardio, I hate being like this. Don't think I like this side of bulking!!

Saturday, ski paddle 10 Kms.

Sunday, went surfing for about 2 hours, nice waves.

Was pretty good this weekend and had 3 beers on Saturday with the boys and 3 last night with my girl so it was a very chilled out weekend. Wish I could get rid of this cold though.

Tryska
07-15-2002, 02:46 AM
it could be worse....you could have insomnia, like me. :D

good to see it was a light drinking weekend. ;)

Kayak_boy
07-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
it could be worse....you could have insomnia, like me. :D

good to see it was a light drinking weekend. ;)

I think I might be develpoping a sleeping disorder...aaaggghh!!!:(

It was very light thanks!! Think I should get a gold star for that one!!!:D

Anyway, last night was Chest, triceps, shoulders and abs.

Didn't do bench as shoulder is still not 100%, did some incline bench on the smith machine instead.

Incline Bench:

80 Lbs x 8, 85 x 8, 90 x 8

Tricep presses:

170 lbs x 8, 180 x 6, 180 x 6

Dumbbell Shoulder presses

40 Lbs x 10, 45 x 8, 50 x 8

Cable Crossovers.

42.5 Kgs x 8, 45 x 6, 45 x 6

Dips, weighted:

40 lbs x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Shrugs, dumbbells:

85 lbs x 10, 95 x 8, 95 x 8

Abs, weighted situps

20 Kgs x 10, 25 x 10, 25 x 10

Was dead tired yesterday, but this wasn't a bad workout for me at all, went up on a few lifts, might have had something to do with not being phucked from Bench press though!!

Looking forward to Wednesday evening already.

Diest has been ok too, just eating as much food as I can stomach really. This gut thing is killing me though, might have to cut back on some food. Weight last night was 79.5 Kgs which is the heaviest I've ever been...rrrgghh!!!

Going to do a session on the paddling machine tonight, probably something like 4 Mins on, 1 off x 6.

Going to the snow this weekend...... yeeeeeah!!! Can't wait.

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 06:22 PM
Well I've been feeling **** all weeek, got a really heavy cold.

Went to the gym last night anyway, I've been feeling like I've grown a bit the last week so I didn't want to miss a session.

Back and Biceps and Squats last night.

Pullups, weighted:

30 lbs x 6, 30 x 6, 30 x 6

Bench Pulls
140 lbs x 8, 145 x 6, 145 x 6

Curls

40 lbs x 8, 45 x 4, 40 x 8

Squats

60 Kgs, x 6, 60 x 6, 60 x 6

Lat Pull Downs:

65 Kgs x 6, 65 x 6, 65 x 8

One ARm Rowing:

65 x 8, 75 x 6, 75 x 6

Rev Wrist curls

30 x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 10

Hyper extensions, weighted

20 Kgs x 10, 20 x 10, 20 x 10

Felt **** in the gym, but I can feel that my strength has gone up the last week, so I even managed to increase some weights last night.

Gonna lift again tonight as I won't get to tomorrow as I'm off to the snow for the weekend.

Wish I could sleep a bit better though.

heathj
07-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Why is half your workout in pounds and half in kilograms?

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 07:05 PM
That's the way the gym is set up, we have loads of dumbbells and barbells in pounds, and then some machines that are in kgs and then an olympic bar which is in kgs that I use for bench, squat and deads.

I'm used to everything in kgs, and it took a while to get into lbs, but I kinda have the hang of the gym now, found my way at last!!:D

Kayak_boy
07-17-2002, 11:44 PM
God I feel like $hit...... I can't stop blowing my nose and coughing, damn I hate being sick!:(

Kayak_boy
07-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Today is meant to be Chest, ticeps anbd shoulders but I'm not gonna train, I've to leave work early and meet the guys for a 6 hour drive to the snow. Add to that that I feel totally **** with a really bad cold, I really shouldn't be going anywhere this weekend, but I kinda have to, anyway, will do me good to get out of the city for a few days.

Might do my shoulder good to miss a session, haven't done bench press in over a week and it's feeling better so might be a good idea.

Sounds like I'm making loads of excuses..aaagghh!!!

Tryska
07-18-2002, 06:09 PM
goldenseal tea, if you can get that in Oz will help witht he cold.

Kayak_boy
07-18-2002, 07:03 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of trading in my body..... wonder if God does refunds or swaps??:D

Kayak_boy
07-22-2002, 07:26 PM
I think doing thsi journal has put a jinx on me!! my training has gone $hit since I started!!!:D

Anyway, went to the snow ate the weekend, had a great time with the boys, but this cold/flu killed me off, I had to stop early on Sunday 'cos I was shaking and had no energy. Pity 'cos we were on the side of this mountain with fresh snow which no one had been down and were leaving the first tracks of the day..... a truely unreal feeling.

So I'm still sick, coughing and spluttering etc etc. I'm taking it easy for the next few days and try get myself back in shape for the weekend. I might try and do some weights tomorrow night if I feel anyway normal.

Geez I hate being sick, and I haven't been for ages.:(

Enough wallowing in self pity, have to start smiling again!!:D

Tryska
07-24-2002, 08:13 AM
goldenseal tea!

I hope ya feel better man. and sorry you had to pass up fresh powder. that truly does suck. :(

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Thanks Tryska.

Well I pulled a sickie from work yesterday, thougt I was gonna die in bed yesterday morning!! Felt so bad.

Went to the chemist and got some stuff together so feeling a bit better today thankfully. Hopefully I might get back doing some training at the weekend.

I hate being sick...aaaggghh!!!!!

Right, well I'm off to get some more Pseudophedrine etc down my neck!!:D

Tryska... I hate tea, do you think it's good stuff??

Shocker
07-24-2002, 07:08 PM
WHIC BEACH DO YOU LIVE AT?

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 07:26 PM
Going on the pictures in your journal, the same one as you!

Tryska
07-24-2002, 07:47 PM
it tastes like bitter dirt, but goldenseal tea is like a natural antibiotic. great for knocking out colds and such. overnight even.

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 07:51 PM
Geez, sounds good, I'll have a look for some during lunchtime.

Health food shop no doubt would be the best place to find some, hey??

I just hate sitting around not being able to train...... HATE IT!!

Tryska
07-24-2002, 08:08 PM
yeah..helath food shop would be your best bet....

the latin name is Hydrastis Canadensis, incase y'all don't call it goldenseal over there.

Shocker
07-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Going on the pictures in your journal, the same one as you!
I live on Roscoe Street

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 08:50 PM
yeah..helath food shop would be your best bet....

the latin name is Hydrastis Canadensis, incase y'all don't call it goldenseal over there.

Thanks for that T, you're a star.:thumbup:

Kayak_boy
07-24-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Shocker

I live on Roscoe Street

I'm in Warners Ave, off Old South Head.

Small world, hey??

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 09:06 PM
So what's happening with me?? Well I'm still sick:(

Feeling a lot better today. Went and met an old friend last night (this chick I went out with years ago) and we got a few beers in, 6 of the finest Stellas, was great, had a nice chat and I went home and slept like a baby!!

Maybe beer has some mad healing properties???

So hopefully at this rate I might have the strength to lift tomorrow, here's hoping!

My bloody appetite is also small being sick, I know I should be eating heaps more, but I just can't. As soon as I'm back training I know I'll be starving again and will eat anything that I see!:D

Tryska
07-25-2002, 09:24 PM
i take it you couldn't find goldenseal eh?

Kayak_boy
07-25-2002, 10:00 PM
Nah, went over to the health food shop over the raod from work, they didn't have the stuff. Hopefully I'm pulling through this, but I'll search some out anyway so that next time I feel pooh I'll get some in straight away.

Kayak_boy
07-28-2002, 08:04 PM
Did nothing at the weekend, took it really easy. Washed the car on Saturday, that's it, cinema Staurday night. So I'm all rested. Went to bed at 9.30 last nigt and didn't get up until 7.30.

Yesterday was such a lovely day here, I got out on the ski for about 30 Mins and caught a few waves, went really easy, strange though, as bad as I've been feeling lately I felt really stong on the ski, all that back work must be paying off!!

I'm still blowing my nose heaps and stuff, but I feel a lot better, so I'm going to do a swimming session tonight with my training mates. I'll go easy and just do a Km or 2.

Them tomorrow night I hope to do some lifting again. God I miss it.

Gtot a bit of reading done at the weekend, Tudor Bompa seems to think that to get bigger we must lift to failure on every lift. I'll keep reading and see how it goes.

Kayak_boy
07-29-2002, 08:09 PM
Right so, went swimming last night with two mates. Went ok, the lads are ok wimmers so not a heap of competition, but the lungs were working as I've been sick!

We did the followings:

100 Mts
} x 4
150 Mts

50 Mts x 10 on 1 Min

Then 8 x 25 cool down.

Went for a big food shop on the way home so I'm all stocked up!!

And my appitite is improving the better I feel.... which is great.

Gym tonight, for the first time in nearly two weeks. So hopefully it'll go ok.

Tryska
07-29-2002, 08:24 PM
were you starving after all that swimming?

Kayak_boy
07-29-2002, 08:35 PM
As hungry as I ever am!!

And that's not a lot of swimming Missy.:D

Tryska
07-29-2002, 08:39 PM
well it seems like a lot of swimming.

mister! ;)

i always wind up insanely hungry after swimming. aqua-jogging too.

i guess cuz you burn so many cals in the water?

Kayak_boy
07-29-2002, 08:42 PM
That was only a float!!;)

I usually do a lot more than that, about double that actually, I'm just getting back into it so I'm taking it easy.

But you're right, most times when I get out of the water I could eat the arse out of a low flying duck!!

It's certainly a tough workout if you make it one.

See ya Missy!!:p

Tryska
07-29-2002, 08:48 PM
*lmao*@eating the arse out a low-flying duck.

baha..what a colorful phrase.

have good day, mister. i'm off to sleep.

Kayak_boy
07-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Sleep well Missy.

And grow heaps!!

Not in the ass of course!!:p

Kayak_boy
07-30-2002, 07:52 PM
Did chest, tris, shoulders and abs last night.

Felt great to be back in the gym, and I saw a guy who I hadn't seem since I staretd my bulk and he couldn't believe how much weight I'd put on!:D

Was 79.5 Kgs last night.

Shoulder is still at me so no bench press again. Did incline smith machine bench instead. All weights in Lbs unless stated.

Incline Bench (Smith Machine)

80 x 8, 85 x 6, 85 x 6 This is down on my last session, took a while to get going again!

Tricep Press downs

170 x 8, 180 x 6, 180 x 6

Dumbell Military presses

45 x 8, 45 x 8, 50 x 6

Cable Crosses

20 Kgs each side x 8, 25 x 6 25 x 6 Shoulder felt a bit ubder pressure doing these

Dips Weighted

40 x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Shrugs

85 x 10, 85 x 10, 85 x 10

Situps weighted

25 Kgs x 10, 25 x 10, 25 x 10

Reverse crunches weighted

20 x 10, 20 x 10, 20 x 10.

All in all and after two weeks off feeling **** this wasn't a bad session, matched nearly all my weights from a few weeks ago so that's not bad I guess. Was pretty tired after though.... nothing for it but to get my new Playstation game going last night... V Rally 3!!:D

I've to work late tonight so I'm taking the day off completely. So I'll lift again tomorrow night. Still got a heps runny nose and stuff but feel so much better.

Gona hopefully meet up with a new coach this weekend and plan out my racing training. Bulking is great and putting on weight is great, but I have to get back on the water really soon. So gonna get the wheels in motion now. Hopefully this new muscle will help me, and it would be great if I could continue to gain a few kilos i the next month while brining back in my paddling and swimming.

Won't know 'til I try!
:)

Tryska
07-30-2002, 08:30 PM
damn straight!

hope you have a good day off. maybe you'll get a chance to finally lick this cold.

Kayak_boy
07-30-2002, 08:41 PM
Well working late isn't my idea off a great way to spend off.... but hey, it's gottta be done!!!

Feeling mch better now though Tryska, so hopefully it's on the way out.

:)

Kayak_boy
08-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Friday evening was Back and bicep night.

Here goes:

Pullups (Weighted):

30 x 6, 30 x 6, 30 x 6

Bench Pulls:

145 x 6, 145 x 6, 145 x 6

Curls:

40 x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Deadlifts

100 Kgs x 6, 100 x 6, 100 x 6

Lat Pull Downs

65 Kgs x 6, 65 x 6, 65 x 6

One Arm Rows

75 x 6, 75 x 6, 75 x 6

Rev Wrist curls

40 x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 10

Ok session, didn't feel great, but pushed through.

Kayak_boy
08-04-2002, 06:43 PM
Saturday morning, Kayak session.

First session in about 11 months, felt great to be back in a boat, really miss not paddling kayaks more, but ski is a great substitute.

Anyway, long session, as follows:

10 Mins on 3 off
20 on, 3 off
30 on, 3 off
20 on, 3 off
10 on

Went well for the first hour, then in the last 20 blew a gasket!! So dodn't do the last 10 minutes.

Was really tired after the session, but it was great to be back, can't wait for the next one already.

Kayak_boy
08-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Sunday... oh sh!t!! Big hangover, fancy dress party, great night, wish I hadn't had those few last beers!!

Went for a ski paddle in the avo to clear the head a bit.... that wasn't a problem, got smashed by two waves going out and then again getting back onto the beach.... not good!!!

Just had to laugh it off!!:D

Kayak_boy
08-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Monday morning. I've decided that I'm getting back into full training mode, that means about 11 sessions a week. Bulking has gone ok, I'm up 7 to 8 kgs but I have to start training again.

I'm in the process of getting a new coach, so I'm really looking forward to that. I'll still train on my own a lot but I'll also get to paddle with some new blokes, and he has some really great paddlers in his squad. Hopefully I'll have it all sorted by the weekend.

So as a means to my new start I went paddling this morning... geez it was cold out there!! Just played in waves, caught one boomer, it was so fast, I was heading at the beach like I had just been catapulted!! Great buzz.

Needed a very hot shower after that session!!

Kayak_boy
08-05-2002, 06:02 PM
Monday evening: Chest, tis, shoulders and abs.

Weight 81 Kgs!!:D Heaviest I've ever been!

The new weigt PB pushed me on in the gym, was great! And then to top it off, one of the blokes who is a rower was working in with me on tricep pushdowns and was surprised at the weight I was doing and then reduced it by 40 lbs for himself. A few montsh ago this bloke was miles ahead of me strength wise.

Anyway, session went as follows:

Incline Bench (Smith Machine)

85 x 8, 90 x 8, 95 x 6

Tricep Pushdowns

180 x 6, 180 x 6, 180 x 6

Dumbbell Military Presses

50 x 6, 50 x 6, 50 x 6

Cable Cross Overs

25 Kgs x 8, 30 x 6, 30 x 6

Dips (Weighted)

40 x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6

Shrugs, Dumbbells

85 x 10, 95 x 8, 95 x 8

Abs: Situp and Rev crunch super set.

SU 25 Kgs x 10, RC 20 lbs x 10

Happy with the session, but wish I could get back doing bench press, shoulder is still giving me some trouble.

Kayak_boy
08-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Ski paddle this morning.

Did 6 laps of the bay, each takes about 5 mins.

First two were ok, technique wasn't great, but the last ones went well, felt strong on the ski.

And it was a lovely, calm morning out there too.... Lovely.

And just got word from my new coach, start my new program with him next Monday, really looking forward to it.

Tryska
08-06-2002, 07:40 AM
ski paddle?

what's that?

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 05:01 PM
Surf ski.

I'll try and find a picture for you, ok?

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 07:06 PM
Chilled out last night.

This morning got up and ran soft sand at the beach, 4 laps, took 24.5 mins... that's a whole 4.5 mins slower than I was doing last November!!!:( That said, I'm 9 Kgs heavier now. But I'm right at the start of my aerobic work, so nothing to worry about just yet. It will be if I'm still going like that come November!

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 07:28 PM
Here's a pic of a bloke racing a ski.

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 07:29 PM
And another....

Tryska
08-06-2002, 08:10 PM
ahh...kinda like an ocean kayak but not...sorta.

i dunno. *lol*

anyways..that soft sand must work your calf muscles real good. thanks for the illustrations! :hello:

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 08:19 PM
It's not like an ocean kayak at all!!;)

That's kinda like comparing a BMX and a mountain bike I suppose.

Hope they make it a bit clearer what I waste my time doing!!:D The races we do all start on the beach, jump on your ski, paddle out around the cans and then race back to the beach. The cans are placed just behind the break, or if there is no swell, they'll be further out. That's it really. But for training we paddle for miles up and down the coast as well as in the surf.

Soft sand if a great workout. It's really tough on the legs as well as the lungs. But what's nice about it is that it doesn't seem to hurt my joints like a long road run can, the sand absorbs a lot of pressure. But I think it strains the muscles more.

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 08:21 PM
I'll try and get a shot of me on one at the weekend. Hopefully the surf will be up. But it won't be nice and sunny like those ones, it's middle of winter here right now!

Tryska
08-06-2002, 08:26 PM
that would be really cool. i wanna see you do your thing.

do you aquajog at all?

Kayak_boy
08-06-2002, 08:31 PM
that would be really cool. i wanna see you do your thing.

Now that sounds like an offer I couldn't refuse!!!:p I'll get working on it!

do you aquajog at all?

Aquajog?? You kidding.... sounds like it's for softies that does!!!:p Nah, never tried it Missy. Loads of Footy players here use it as part of a recovery session after a game.

Tryska
08-07-2002, 07:22 AM
aquajogging kicks ass. and it's definitely not for softies. you figure water gives something like 80 times the resistance of air, so it makes jogging quite difficult. soft on your joints too. I typically just do it on the bottom of the pool...gives me a calf workout similar to sand...but you can also use like floatbelts so basically your running in water with no footing.

excellent workout. ;)

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 05:41 PM
I run on sand and swim in water, think I'll leave it at that.... don't want to confuse myself!!!

Right so, last night was Back and biceps. Felt really tired yesterday and this session didn't start off too well, but got going at the end.

I also got really pissed off in the gym last night. This bloke comes over slagging off my journal saying "What's this crap". I told him that when he can finish my session that he can call it crap and he just made a joke of it, prick. Wanted to smash him, so instead I smashed some weights. I wouldn't mind but I can outlift this bloke on anything in the gym.... phucking boll0ck$.

Sorry for that outburst, just it pi$$ed me off heaps.

Session as follows:

Pullups, weighted:

30 x 6, 30 x 6, 30 x 6 (these were really tough!)

Bench Pulls:

Curls Dumbbells

40 x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6 (Forarms really sore doing these)

Squats

60 Kgs x 6, 60 x 6, 60 x 6

Lat Pull Downs

65 x 8, 70 x 6, 70 x 6 (new PR!)

One Arm Rows

75 x 8, 75 x 8, 75 x 8

Rev wrist curls

That's all folks.......

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 05:44 PM
This morning, paddles ski. Now the big news here isn't the session, it's what was waiting for me when I got down to the beach....... a massive whale! Yes, a whale.

It was just amazing being out there in the water with such a beautiful creature. Just makes it all worth while mornings like that.

I'm still smiling!!!:D

Anyway, just played in the surf this morning, wasn't too big, but had fun anyway. It's great being back paddling again, love it.

Tryska
08-07-2002, 08:03 PM
you didn't write that dolphinsex site did you?

and it wasn't beached right?

heehee..just kidding...lucky you to have an experience like that. I've been whalewatching before, and they are pretty damn impressive. do you know what kind of whale it was?

on another note, i almost webt ballistic in the gymt his evening myself. I had cleaned off a bench, and set my journal and water bottle on it, and went to get my barbell. well..i come back, and there is some sweaty old geezer resting his ass right wear my head was supposed to go. mentally i took his head out with a crowbar, but i siled politely and asked him to move. then proceeded to sanitize everything again. :rolleyes:

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 08:19 PM
What are you on about dolphinsex??

And no, he wasn't beached, he was happily swimming around and splashing and stuff, and there was me, about 50 mts aawy catching waves... brilliant it was.

Well at least he didn't attack your programme...... I took that as a personnal offense, ah well, his lose, 'cos I'm just gonna work harder and pound this bloke during the season.

And don't you hate sweaty old blokes in the gym??

Tryska
08-07-2002, 08:22 PM
check the thread in general entitiled somethign like...strangest site ever..or wierd website or soemthing. it should be a the top of general chat right now.

and true...he didn't..but i've got goofy coworkers that lvoe to twell me how i'll get so big liftign the way i lift. pfft. whatever. :rolleyes:

and yes...sweat old men are gross. nasty. and always kinda strange too. i think ti's cuz they can't handle being around all that young nubile flesh and they lose their minds.

Kayak_boy
08-07-2002, 08:26 PM
LOL!!!! Young flesh... losing minds!!

Tell you what, you don't have to be old for that to happen!!:p

Kayak_boy
08-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Friday evening was meant to be chest, triceps and shoulders but I tweaked my neck and shoulder in teh surf on Fidy morning, so I went to the chiro and had it looked at and then just chilled out on Friday evening with TV and Playstation.

Felt better Saturday morning so went to kayak training. Paddled in a K4, seat 2.We did three 35 minute efforts with 3 mins off between each.

Saturday afternoon did a ski session, 45 paddle. This was well tough as I was still feeling the morning's session.

I then ruined it all by heading out on the piss that nigt, and then having heaps again yesterday!! not good I know, but I start my new program today so there won't be any drinking for me for a while!

I'll do that chest session tonight.

Over and out.

Kayak_boy
08-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Been so lazy the last few days, but got into the gym last night.

Chest, tris, shoulders, abs

Incline bench on smith machine:

95 x 6, 95 x 6, 95 x 4

Tricep Press downs:

Seated dumbbell shoulder presses:

50 x 6, 50 x 6, 50 x 6

Cable crossovers

30 Kgs x 6, 30 x 6, 30 x 6

Weighted dips:

40 x 6, 40 x 8, 45 x 6

Weighted situps, weighted reverse crunches, superset

25 Kgs x 10+ 20 x 10, 25 kgs x 10 + 20 x 10, 25 kgs x 10 + 20 x 10.

Lateral raises

10 x 10, 20 x 6, 20 x 6

Not a bad session. Shoulder is stilll at me and I can't to bench. It was a bit sore after incline. Hopefully it will fix itself soon. I'm missing bench.

I'm also thinking about going back to 10 rep sets, just for a change. I'll have a think about this over the week.

Kayak_boy
08-14-2002, 06:08 PM
Swimming this morning.

100 x 10 on 2 mins

25 Kick x 4

50 x 3 on 1. (Build ups, 1 medium, 2 harder, 3 hard) x 2

25 Kick x 4

50 x 3 on 1. (Build ups, 1 medium, 2 harder, 3 hard) x 2

Few laps cool down and then home.

Tryska
08-15-2002, 07:23 AM
careful with that shoulder.....if it turns out to be a rotator cuff problem you'll be in a rough way.

ericg
08-15-2002, 08:25 AM
Hey man, why not add in some rotator work and some rear delt work. This could help any shoulder strength imbalance you may have(which may cause injuries and/or pain).

Rotator cuff work = cuban rotations, external rotations and internal rotations.

Rear delt work = http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldWt.html#anchor1934542

Kayak_boy
08-15-2002, 05:45 PM
I sure will watch it. Cheers you guys.

The problem is actually in the front of the shoulder, isn't the rotator cuff at the back??

I'll certainly have a look at those excercies anyway and bring at least one in just to make sure I eliminate a rota cuff problem. Maybe it's a strength inbalance. Certainly my back has grown heaps more than my chest during my bulk period, and all pulling excercises have passed much of the pushing ones.

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

Kayak_boy
08-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Hey Eric, where are those cuban rotations on that site?? I don't see them in that area...... but I might also be totally blind!!:D

Tryska
08-16-2002, 07:30 AM
yeah the rotator cuff is at the back...sorta. it's what holds your shoulder in place and let's it move around.

ericg
08-16-2002, 07:36 AM
Hey,

The muscles that make up the rotator cuff are called - Supraspinatus, Subscapularis, Infraspinatus, and Teres Minor - here is a site where you can see the muscles that make up the rotator cuff - http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/back/shoulder/rotatorcuff.htm

When I mentioned a muscular imbalance I was referring to the shoulder (deltoids) in particular. Your front delt may be more developed than the rear or side. By looking at the exercises you are performing; I think the front and side gets hit pretty good. You dont have any specific rear delt exercise in there at all, and probably most people dont have, but since you are having problems with your shoulder this will help more than it will hurt.

The link in my earlier post was specifically for the rear delts. Here is another one for the rotators (cuban rotations are in here as well) - http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_145shldr.html

Also there was a thread in the training forum a while back that discussed the rotators. It has many more links if you want to read up on the exercises and the function of the rotator cuff. It also has some info about rear delts, and how an imbalance could hamper some of you lifts

link to the training thread - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10911&highlight=rotator+cuff

another good read, article about an NHL player who had a muscular imbalance and fixed it, very interesting - http://www.t-mag.com/html/52balan.html

Let me know what you think. Lataz

Shocker
08-17-2002, 07:35 PM
yo KB, did you do surf ski in Ireland? - or did you start when you got to Aust?

Have you ever played Kayak Polo?
If you got a car, I recommend it.

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 06:47 PM
Thanks a million Eric, I'll get reading during the day,

Cheers.

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Shocker
yo KB, did you do surf ski in Ireland? - or did you start when you got to Aust?

Have you ever played Kayak Polo?
If you got a car, I recommend it.

Never paddle skis at home, just started here. I raced Kayaks for Ireland a few years ago.

Played a bit of canoe polo when I was in school and then got roped into playing a tounament about 3 years ago, it's a great game, love it. But I really don't have the time as I'm up to my eyeballs with training, work, wonderful chick, eating, playstation etc etc!!!!

Where around our area do they play?? Maybe NSW Uni?

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 07:56 PM
I may as well get my journal updated seeing as I'm here!

Finding new program well hard, but if I can keep it going for another two or three weeks I'll be goign really well, and I'm really into it at the moment so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thursday evening was ment to be a water session, kayak or ski, but as I don't get out of work until 5 it was dark when I got to the beach. Did a session on the kayak erg instead. This was a killer, really stuffed me up! Went as follows:

3/1 @ 80% means 3 mins on, 1 min rest, the piece is at 80% of max effort.

3/1 @ 80

3/1 @ 80

1/2 @ 90

1/2 @ 90

1/2 @ 90

3/1 @ 75

3/1 @ 75

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

3/1 @ 80

3/1 @ 80

1/2 @ 90

1/2 @ 90

1/2 @ 90

3/1 @ 75

3/1 @ 75

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

30 (secs) /1 @100

Absolutly phucked after this session.:D

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Friday morning was off, weights in the evening.

Back and bis.

Lifted a 30 lbs dumbbell for pullups and knew I was in trouble after it felt heavy!! this was the worst session I have done in months.... but I pushed through anyway. Think all the other excersise is gonna take from my weights, but that's the way it has to be.:(

Session as follows:

Pullups, weighted

30 x 6, 30 5 , 30 x 3

Bench pulls

Curls

40 x 6, 40 x 6, 40 x 6 (these really hurted my arms!)

Deads

100 Kgs x 6, 100 x 6, 100 x 6

Lat Pull Downs

70 x 6, 70 x 6, 70 x 6

One arm rows

75 x 6, 75 x 6, 75 x 6

Rev Wrist curls

Really sh!t session.

Tryska
08-18-2002, 08:01 PM
i can imagine. *lol*

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Saturday morning, Kayak

40 Mins on, 3 mins rest

30 Mins on, 3 mins rest

20 Mins on, 3 mins rest

10Mins on.

Really cold, tough session. Went staright home after this and went to bed for two hours!! The session was hard, and I had a bad nights sleep so that's my excuse!!:p

Was meant to do a ski session in the avo, but was too phucked from the morning, so dropped it.

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:10 PM
i can imagine. *lol*

Geez, the last thing I need is you bagging my bad session!!;)

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Chilled out all weekend, not one beer passed my lips!

So Sunday morning was weights followed by a ski paddle.

Chest, tris, shoulders and abs

Tricep press down:

Miltary Press, smith machine

80 x 6, 80 x 6, 80 x 6

Weighted sit ups, weigthed rev crunch super set

25 Kgs x 10 + 20 x 10, 25 Kgs x 10 + 20 x 10, 25 Kgs x 10 + 20 x 10

Dips

45 x 6, 45 x 6, 45 x 6

Pull Overs

35 x 10, 50 x 8 , 55 x 8

Didn't even think about bench here, and skipped incline too, just to give the shoulder a bit of time, and I don't hit chest until next Friday again, so that should be good for it.

Tried Pull overs for the first time, lying my shouldres and head on a bench and dropping a dummbell back over my head and pulling it back up again, wokred the chest fime, didn't have a clue what sort of weight I could handle, will do a lot more next time. Might do that until the shoulder is ok again.

Then one hour on the ski, doing surf skills.

Well I got smashed a few times going out, was some good surf yesterday, but I was strong and didn't get knocked off, took one or two bigs ones right in the head, so it was good not to come off. My arms were bloody killing me after weights, so I only stayed out for about 25 mins.

Then went home and chilled out amd got the place all cleaned up etc etc, so I now have a lovely clean room, with no dirty clothes!! Yippee!!

Hangover free Sundays are the way to go!!:D

Tryska
08-18-2002, 08:22 PM
*lol* i wasn't baggin the bad session...i was empathizing on that insane kayak interval session before it.

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:27 PM
*lol* i wasn't baggin the bad session...i was empathizing on that insane kayak interval session before it.

That's ok. I was thinking that I might have to open a serious can of whopp a$$ on you!!!:p

:bash: :ninja: :whip:

Tryska
08-18-2002, 08:34 PM
*lol*

you wouldn't hit a little ol girl would ye? *bats eyelashes*

(whilst scheming a pre-emptive attack in case of that can opening)

Kayak_boy
08-18-2002, 08:39 PM
God, not with that look in your eye and those fluttering eyelashes!!

You're safe this time!!;)

Kayak_boy
08-19-2002, 08:50 PM
Monday morning, ski session

30 secs @ 90% followed be 90 seconds easy, no stopping after the 30 sec effort. This to be done 15 times.

Good session, felt ok out there, really got the ski going forward well.

And a nice wave back to the beach after!:)

Kayak_boy
08-19-2002, 08:52 PM
Monday evening, swim

100 x 2 warm up.

200 x 3

Then 2 x 100 cool down

Felt strong in the water, fitness needs a bit of work, it'll be back soon.

Today, Tuesday, is my day off in my new program, so I'll be doing a big chill out tonight!

Shocker
08-20-2002, 02:45 AM

Never paddle skis at home, just started here. I raced Kayaks for Ireland a few years ago.

Played a bit of canoe polo when I was in school and then got roped into playing a tounament about 3 years ago, it's a great game, love it. But I really don't have the time as I'm up to my eyeballs with training, work, wonderful chick, eating, playstation etc etc!!!!

Where around our area do they play?? Maybe NSW Uni?
nowhere around us that I know of man, we used to go out past Engadine sometimes though - you would need a car.

keep up the good work !

Kayak_boy
08-20-2002, 02:54 AM
That's major woop woop that!

I do have a car, but to be honest I just don't have the time.

I also don't know if the knuckles could handle it again!!

And yeah, I'll keep at the work, there's no fear of that stopping.:D

Kayak_boy
08-20-2002, 05:40 PM
This morning was 40 ins steady on the ski, was ok, didn't feel great on the ski, but I suppose you can't be great everyday!:p

Caught a massive wave back to the beach, it sucked up heaps and I'm lying all over the deck trying to keep the nose from diving, don't know how I stayed on it! So got through that and then on the shore break lost control a bit and came off the phucking thing! Geez I hate that.

Weights tonight. Back and biceps. I'm actually thinking about changing to 10 rep sets for a few weeks. Give my system a break from the 6 rep range, might also help my shoulder if I'm not lifting as heavy.

Kayak_boy
08-22-2002, 12:29 AM
Last night was Back and Biceps.

My body weight has gone up another Kg! I'm now 82, started my bulk at 72. I really don't need to get any bigger now, so I'm gonna concentrate on getting this fat off. I'm really finding weighted pull ups a struggle at the moment, suppose the extra weight I'm carrying has something to do with that.

Got a few PRs last night two, so that was good. But my back is killing me today after Deadlifts. was able to swim this morning, but I can't touch my toes, it's really sore.

Well here go's:

Pull Ups, weighted

30 x 6, 30 x 6, 30 x 3

Bench Pulls

Curls

40 x 8, 45 x 6, 45 x 6 (last set really hard!) New Pr.

Deadlifts

100 Kgs x 8, 105 x 6, 105 x 6 Felt I could do more, but back said no. Also a new PR.

Lat Pull downs

70 kgs x 6, 70 x 6, 70 x 6

One Arm Rows

75 x 8, 85 x 6, 85 x 6 New PR.

Rev Wrist Curls

50 x 10, 50 x 10, 50 x 10.

Good session, but as I said, back is paying the price.

Kayak_boy
08-22-2002, 12:32 AM
This morning was a swim.

Pretty short session, but was a bit more intense than the one earlier in the week.

125 mts x 6, first on 2 mins, 2nd on 2 mins 15 secs, 3rd on 2 mins etc

50 x 6 on 1 Min

Kick: 75mts, 50 mts, 25 mts

4 50 Mts cool down.

Tryska
08-22-2002, 05:05 AM
congrats on gaining 20 lbs. ;)

i hope you don't have to lose 10 of them in order to get the fat off?

Franco
08-22-2002, 05:52 AM
Aye, cool news on the gain:)

:dj:

Kayak_boy
08-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

And I hope I don't have to lose 10 lbs either Missy!

I don't think I will, maybe 5. I've got these love handles going on, never had them before. But I think I've started to lose some fat already and stayed at the same weight too so I think I could get away with this!:p

If I can hold something like 79 to 80 Kgs race weight I'd be delighted. And hopefully I can recover my pull ups!:D

Geez, I hope all this work pays off and I can paddle faster. But I love being a bit bigger, it's great.

Kayak_boy
08-26-2002, 12:26 AM
Did heaps of training over the weekend, two wights, three paddles, but I went to the footy yesterday, got smashed after the game, home at 2 this morning absolutely blind!

I'm in serious pain today, I'm no use to anyone! So I'll fill in all my journal entries tomorrow.

Hopefully this headache will go soon!:(

Go The Roosters!!!!:p

Kayak_boy
08-29-2002, 08:43 PM
Been lazy as phuck this week as regards my journal, but rest assured I've been training away.

Chest, tris , shoulders and abs on Wednesday.

Few Pr's that night, 190 lbs on tricep press downs, 55 lbs on dumbbell shoulder presses.

My shoulder has been much much better and the plan was to try some light bench on Wednesday evening, but while doing the dumbbell presses my spotter touched my arm and the weight fell back and onto the floor, pulled my shoulder heaps, so it's not great again. Hopefully it'll come good soon, putting heaps on gel and stuff on it.

Back and bis tonight, then heaps of paddling for the weekend, and I'm staying away from beer..... it's the work of the Devil!!

Cheers guys.

Borgod Maxximus
08-29-2002, 10:56 PM
dont tell me you drink VB please :P

you need a new spotter btw, if my spotter made me drop the DB like that Id positively go ape-**** at him

beer is bad yes
thats why ive gone onto Johnny Walker :)

Kayak_boy
08-29-2002, 11:32 PM
Nah, I'm a Carlton Cold victim!

I was mighty pissed off when I dropped that dumbbell, but he's a really quiet guy and is a good bloke and the last thing I wanted to do was go off on the bloke, he's a mate. I just won't use him again. Them's the breaks I guess.

Borgod Maxximus
08-30-2002, 01:59 AM
fair enough
i remember first starting out, spotting was a skill learnt in itself

i dont use a spotter really, i dont do BB bench so...

if i cant do 6 then its too heavy and i go down a weight.. in general

Kayak_boy
08-30-2002, 02:04 AM
I'm actually trying to work in the 6 rep range, and when I get 8 I go up.

For this one, I had been at 50 for a while and then it just felt easy, but lifting the 55's was really tough and he didn't help by bringing it back too far. It's always hard, you're trying to progress and lift as much as possible, but you have to be safe I guess.

Let's just put it down to experience.

Tryska
08-30-2002, 04:33 AM
hooligan!

that's not a very good spotter. can't really blame the guy as spotting really is a skill unto iself. but you're right in not asking him to spot you again.

how's the shoulder doing now?

Borgod Maxximus
08-30-2002, 09:27 PM
hooligan!

that's not a very good spotter. can't really blame the guy as spotting really is a skill unto iself

thats what I said :D

Tryska
08-31-2002, 07:51 AM
yeah...i was agreeing with you. :thumbup:

Kayak_boy
09-01-2002, 07:13 PM
hooligan!

that's not a very good spotter. can't really blame the guy as spotting really is a skill unto iself. but you're right in not asking him to spot you again.

how's the shoulder doing now?

Yeah, that's right, can't blame him, but I certainly won't use him again.

But check this, I sprained my back at the weekend, and I was even doing anything, just walking, spent two days just lying out looking at videos and playing playstation and reading, didn't even get on the water or in the gym once, my back is killing me.

Just seems like a constant stream of things lately:(

It is feeling better this morning, so hopefully I'll be back at it soon. Go to the chiro again on Wednesday, hopefully all will be well again soon.

Tryska
09-02-2002, 08:03 AM
perhaps a massage?

(from a real therapist, not one of those parlors ;) )

i typically get one when i feel more muscular pain. there's lots of knots that if you can get worked out ease the pain.

it's the funniest thing at the gym, because we all seem to wind up with knots strains, all kinds of stuff, and there's always someone getting an on the spot rubdown at the front desk. i'm sure it doesn't look particularly professional but pain is pain, and we all know a thing or two about massage..*lol*

Kayak_boy
09-03-2002, 01:05 AM

we all know a thing or two about massage..*lol*

Oh really Missy??

MMMmmmmmm!!

:D

Tryska
09-03-2002, 07:56 AM
well what i know i learned before working at the gym but that's a story for another time and place. ;)

McBain
09-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Go The Roosters!!!

first im lmao@this, the sharks will eat them. id go watch them demolish the rooster this weekend but ill be in canberra:(

second im lmao@the bulldogs BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Kayak_boy
09-03-2002, 08:29 AM
well what i know i learned before working at the gym but that's a story for another time and place. ;)

I look forward to hearing it!;)

Kayak_boy
09-03-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by McBain

first im lmao@this, the sharks will eat them. id go watch them demolish the rooster this weekend but ill be in canberra:(

You are kidding I hope? ;)

This will be far closer than anyone expects, and I reckon the way Freddie is playing the Chucks could get this one. You wanna have seen them against the Warriors, they destroyed them.

Try not to freeze your a$$ off in Canberra!!:p

Tryska
09-03-2002, 08:40 AM
hee hee...it's nothing too thrilling...i just learned back in college froma massage therapist. it's not as easy as it looks.

Kayak_boy
09-03-2002, 08:58 AM
it's nothing too thrilling

Damn!!

Tryska
09-03-2002, 09:01 AM
*lol*

sorry to disappoint.

Kayak_boy
09-03-2002, 09:33 AM
*lol*

sorry to disappoint.

I'll remember this!

:cry:

McBain
09-03-2002, 09:40 AM
i agree, it should be a very close game. kimmorley is a chode.

Kayak_boy
09-03-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by McBain
i agree, it should be a very close game. kimmorley is a chode.

Yeah, it all depends on how good he plays. Let's just hope he doesn't have a day like he had against Newcastle.

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:15 AM
Saw Freddie Fitler down the beach today actually.

Anyway, back is much better, chiro yesterday went really well. Did a half hour paddle today, just cruising, felt ok. And then swam this evening, just a light 1.5 kms.

So I'll get back in the gym tomorrow and hopefully all will be ok.

Catch y'all!

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:17 AM
so the chiro sorted it eh?

good to hear.

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:24 AM
He's helped heaps, that's for sure, but I haven't done anything all week, and sat on my ass all weekend, think the rest helped it a lot too.

Must say, I'm really impressed with this new chiro, he's really good, better than my normal one I think. I've to see him again this week and then I'll make a choice between the two.

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:28 AM
yeah, finding a good chiro can be difficult. i miss my old one. he was a student at the local chiro uni, and also my PT. he was the best.

magic hands, i use to call him. *lol*

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:34 AM
I don't want to know why!!!;)

Yeah, this guy came on recommendation from a friend of mine who studied under him, she said he is just the best ever, and her boyfriend (the bloke who I got completely smashed with at the Roosters game, one of my best mates) goes too. So that's good enough for me.

The only thing is that I have to drive to get to him, my other one is a two minute walk from work.

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:39 AM
*lol*

i'm innocent i tell ya. i swear it.

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:40 AM
Yeah, yeah.

The jury's out on this one!!!

;)

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:44 AM
pfft.

btw, isn't it kinda late for you to be up?

or early or soemthing? 15 hours ahead no?

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:48 AM
pfft.

btw, isn't it kinda late for you to be up?

or early or soemthing? 15 hours ahead no?

I'm actually doing some shift type work for a few weeks, I come in at 6 pm leave at 2 am, for the next eight weeks. So yeah, this isn't my usual time on here at all.

It's 1.48am here right now.

Tryska
09-05-2002, 09:51 AM
12 minutes and it's off home, eh?

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 09:58 AM
I was in 'til after 3 last night, still have a few things to sort out tonight, probably another half hour!:cry: I'm soooooo tired.

Best head on Missy, have a good one you, catch you soon.

Tryska
09-05-2002, 10:02 AM
k..take care man. sleep well!

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Left at 3 and I'm back in now at 11am!!

AAggggghhhh!!!!

Tryska
09-05-2002, 07:05 PM
damn. why is this, now?

you're supposed to work for a shift and then go live your life...not sleep for a shift and then go to work. tuttut

Kayak_boy
09-05-2002, 08:47 PM
I know, and I feel like $hit today, completely wrecked! I'll finish this afternoon and then I'm not back until Monday evening, so I guess that's ok.

Tryska
09-06-2002, 04:33 AM
well have a good weekend then, mister! and get some rest! :hello:

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 02:22 AM
Hey Missy, what's doing with ya?

Well I didn't exactely rest for the weekend, was very bold and drank beers and took funny little tablets!! Not good!

Got back training today though, swim this morning and ski paddle this afternoon.

I'm on a mission to be good for ages now.

Franco
09-09-2002, 05:11 AM

Well I didn't exactely rest for the weekend, was very bold and drank beers and took funny little tablets!! Not good!

Green tablets eh. What were these then?

I'm on a mission to be good for ages now.

Good, good. Or otherwise we'll have to come on over to Aus and sort you out:)

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 05:58 AM
I wish they were green FAngel, ha ha ha !!! Then I mightn't have felt so bad yesterday!

Nah, don't bother sorting me out, just join in!!;)

Franco
09-09-2002, 06:23 AM
Lol, green. I honestly have no idea where that came from, I think i'm still feeling the effects of leg day this morning

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 06:36 AM
You wanna get out more often!!!!;)

Tryska
09-09-2002, 08:00 AM
what's this about green tablets?

what's going on? *so confused now that she doesn't party*

anyways..i worked all weekend, as usual. did get to catch up with a few gym friends tho, that i haven't seen since i'm not on weekdays anymore. also contemplating doing AIDS Walk Atlatna this year. jsut don't know if i'll be able ot get time off work. so we'll see.

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 08:32 AM
I think he might have his greens and whites mixed up Missy!

That leg workout has made him colour blind!!:D

Tryska
09-09-2002, 08:33 AM
white tablets?

aspirin? :scratch:

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 08:36 AM
Ahhhhhh... No!

Tryska
09-09-2002, 08:40 AM
x?

one of those "lmnop" drugs?

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 08:48 AM
x?

Yeah, it's got an x in the name!!

Now let's move along, don't really want to draw bad attention to my journal!!:D

*things some editing might be required*

Tryska
09-09-2002, 08:55 AM
*lol*

tuttut

Kayak_boy
09-09-2002, 09:06 AM
I know, very bold!

I'll get my editing cap on now!;)

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Actually I'm not gonna bother.

I've decided that I'm not going to continue with my online journal. I write down all my sessions, and then I have to come on here and type them out again, just takes too much time, and time isn't something I have a lot of at the moment.

So thank you to you guys who dropped by..... your advice, help and encouragment is really appreciated.

Cheers Guys, catch you around,

KB.

Tryska
09-11-2002, 09:30 AM

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 09:34 AM
LOL!!!

Don't be like that Missy, I'll still pop by when I get some time to spam your journal!:p

Tryska
09-11-2002, 09:38 AM
*sniffle*

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 09:40 AM
Aahhhhhh........ Missy

*grabs Missy and gives her a great big hug*

Tryska
09-11-2002, 09:42 AM
heehee....crying gets them every time!

*hugz back* ;)

Kayak_boy
09-11-2002, 09:46 AM
Geez, I'm the biggest sucker in the world for tears, hate seeing them and will do anyhting to help stop them!

Cyber hugs?? That might have been my first one!

Tryska
09-11-2002, 09:58 AM
*lol*

ace. well i'll miss your updates man.....nice hearing about life and sports on another continent.

Franco
09-11-2002, 11:59 AM
You wanna get out more often!!!!;)

I think you could be right here:(

~Joins in with all the free love~

Kayak_boy
10-01-2002, 08:34 AM
Geez, my journal is still here... thought you lot might have gone clearing it out to save some space on here!

Training is going unreal, the extra bulk I put on this winter has helped heaps, paddling much better. And the extra fat that went on with the bulk is falling off so it's all good!:D

My shoulder injury is still there, but I've found out it's because of a rotator cuff injury, so I'm in the process of getting a lot of treatment on that and it's coming on great.

See ya guys.

Tryska
10-01-2002, 08:35 AM
damn..rotator cuff sucks.

good to hear everything else is going well tho. :)