View Full Version : LATMAN'S Journal

Chris Rodgers
01-21-2001, 03:40 PM
DIET: Mon-Sat

Protein- Approx 250 grams= 1,000 cals
Carbs- Approx 350 grams= 1,400 cals
Fat- Approx 120 grams= 1,080 cals
Total Calories- Approx=3,480 cals
Water- Approx 2 gallons on training days. 1 1/2 on non.

Sun- Cheat Day(Just eat a lot!)

TRAINING: Mon,Wed,Fri

Day 1- Thighs, Biceps, Abs
Day 2- Chest, Calves
Day 3- Back, Grip/forearms, Abs
Day 4- Delts, Triceps, Calves

Mostly Heavy 5-8 Reps, Sometimes triples and singles
Sometimes will go up to 12-15 reps.

SLEEP: 8+hours per night. Try for 9-10 on weekend.

SUPPLEMENTS:
Daily- Multi vit/min, Glutamine, Meal replacement shake(1 per day)
Training Days- Vit. C, E, Creatine(going to start), whey

GOALS: For May 1st:

Bring weight up from 150 to 160-165.
Following Strength goals:

Deadlifts- 365 for reps, 405 max
Squats- 250 for reps
Inc. db's- 85's for reps
Military db's- 70's for reps
Flat Bench- 225 max
db rows- 105 lb db for reps

Oh, yeah and to beat Anthony and Cackerot in a friendly lifting competition! :)

[Edited by LATMAN on 01-21-2001 at 05:43 PM]

Chris Rodgers
01-23-2001, 08:37 AM
1/22 145 lbs

DIET: Got all my meals in and on time. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: Chest-Strength was down a little, just coming back from being sick. Still, good intensity. Waking up late caused me to cut workout short. Best lift of the day: Weighted dips- Body+70lbsx 7 reps.

Sleep- Went to bed late, but still had 8 1/2 hours because I woke up late. Get to bed earlier and wake up on time!!!

Supplements- Took everything on time. Started taking Celltech. Fill finish tub and then maintain with met-rx micronized creatine.

Overall- Everything went pretty well despite waking up late. I had to rush around a little, so I have to make the effort to wake up early. Wednesday is back workout, can't wait!

Chris Rodgers
01-23-2001, 10:00 PM
1/23

DIET: Got 5 meals in so far. 6th is coming shortly. Meals were all good except for timing. Got busy at work and ate meals 3 and 4 late. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: Rest day

SLEEP: Got a little less than 7 hours, not good enough. Go to bed earlier!

SUPPLEMENTS: Took them all except for mrp and glutamine coming up in a little bit.

Overall- Felt sluggish earlier in the day. Energy picked up later. Try and get plenty of rest and eat meals on time!

Chris Rodgers
01-25-2001, 12:43 AM
1/24

DIET: Got all 6 meals in on time. Water intake was good. Had high energy during the day.

TRAINING: Back- Workout went well. Good intensity. Woke up a little late again so no forearms or abs. Best lift of the day- Sumo Deadlifts- 290x6

SLEEP: Only got 7 hours. Need to go to bed earlier.

SUPPLEMENTS: All supplements on time.

Overall- Good energy all day. Good back workout. Focus on getting to bed on time!!!!

Chris Rodgers
01-26-2001, 12:22 AM
1/25

DIET: Got 5 meals in on time. 6th meal is coming shortly. Water intake was good.

SLEEP: Got 8 hours of sleep last night. A little better, try and get nine tonight.

SUPPLEMENTS: All supplements on time. Taking an MRP w/glutamine before bed.

Overall- Got my meals in. About all I can ask for on an off day. I'm sore as hell from the deads from yesterday.

Chris Rodgers
01-27-2001, 01:07 AM
1/26 147 lbs

DIET: All meals were fine except for one meal, which became a cheat meal because I ran out of meat. I had 2 slices of pizza, but I had a whey shake, a multi vit./min. and about 20 oz. water with the meal. Meal 6 is coming shortly. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: Delts and Triceps- Delts went well, felt a little weak on tris. Best lift of the day- Military press 120x7.

SLEEP: Got a little over 9 hours last night. Much better!

SUPPLEMENTS: Took them all except for the MRP and glutamine coming up soon.

Overall- Didn't work today, so was kind of lazy. Guess laying around eating is good for my recovery. Still sore from the deads!

Chris Rodgers
01-28-2001, 09:03 PM
1/27-1/28

DIET: Weekends will now be controlled cheating days(not too overboard, not too strict). I will consume 4,000+ calories on Sat. and Sun. and then go back to clean, strict eating Mon-Fri.

That being said, I was slightly over 4,000 on Sat. and slightly under today. Water was over a gallon both days.

TRAINING: Rest days

SLEEP: 10 hrs Fri night. Only 4 last night(had work early)

Overall: Feels good to eat freely. Wish I slept more last night. Getting to bed soon.

Chris Rodgers
01-30-2001, 12:57 AM
1/29 149 LBS

DIET: Meal 6 is going down now. Water intake was good. Had good energy throughout the day.

TRAINING: Quads, Biceps- Had a crappy squat workout. Biceps got fried, hadn't done them in a while. Best lifts of the day- BB curls 90x6, bb curl 21's- 55x7,7,7

SLEEP: Got close to 9 1/2 hours last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all supplements on time.

Overall: Had a pretty good day. Sorted things out with my girlfriend after a rough weekend, so I can get my mind back on training.

Chris Rodgers
01-30-2001, 09:47 PM
1/30

DIET: 6th meal is coming shortly. Water intake was good. Had good energy.

SLEEP: Got 7.5 hours last night. A little lower than where I want to be.

SUPPLEMENTS: All taken.

Overall: Good day, ate plenty, feel good for tomorrows workout.

Goals: Tomorrow I will go back to Flat bench press and do my work sets with 170-175, depending on how I feel. Short term goal is to bench 225 by May 1.

Chris Rodgers
01-31-2001, 10:05 PM
1/31

DIET: Got 5 meals down so far, 6th is coming. Water intake was good. Had good energy.

TRAINING: Chest,calves- Overall good workout. Tried rack lockouts for the first time and went to 245 on those. Best lift of the day: Flat bench 175x4. Go for 180 next workout.

SLEEP: Had 8 hours of sleep last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all supplements except for MRP and glutamine coming shortly.

Overall: Good day, had a good apetite, good workout, will get some good rest tonight and grow(hopefully).

Chris Rodgers
02-02-2001, 01:41 AM
2/1

DIET: OK, I am friggin ****ed. My first two meals went fine today and then when I went to go eat my third meal, I found out that the friggin cleaning people at my work threw out my 3rd and 4th meals along with my water bottle. I then had to rush over to the deli and get a sandwich. For my fourth meal I ate a protein bar. So basically, I still kept my protein and calories high, I was just ****ed I went through the trouble to cook all that food and then they threw it out. Meals 5 and 6 were fine and since I'm up late and can sleep in tomorrow, I'm about to have a seventh meal. Water was good.

SLEEP: Had 9 hours last night. :)

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all my supplements.

Overall: Got by ok, despite the lunch incident. Physched for tomorrow's workout!

Goals: If back feels fresh, will deadlift 300 for at least 6 reps. If not, will do modified back routine w/out deads.

Dabomber
02-02-2001, 06:03 AM
latman Can you post how your diet looks like??? i think i need change but i dont know where to start.. I think you are pretty much in same size as me so i was wondering if you could post your diet up

Chris Rodgers
02-03-2001, 12:31 AM
2/2 149 lbs :(

DIET: Slept in so meals started late. About to have fifth meal, plus I had my post-workout shake. Feel like I need to go to bed soon though. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: Back,grip- Good workout! Best lifts of the day: Sumo-deadlift 305x5, one arm db row 90x10. Next back workout I will go back to standard deads and see if I am stronger on those. I will use 315 for my work set. Tried new exercise for grip, I hung from the chinning bar with 2 plates around my waist. Next time use 3 plates and hold on for dear life!

SLEEP: I slept for 9 hours last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all supplements. Bought another container of Cell tech, so will continue using that. Also purchased flaxseed oil, so I will begin taking that.

Overall: Good day, plenty of rest, good workout.

Goals: Eat plenty of calories this weekend! Get some rest. Grow!

Chris Rodgers
02-04-2001, 10:22 PM
2/3- 2/4

DIET: Decided to add more calories. Posted new diet diet section. Took in plenty of calories this weekend. Drank plenty of water.

TRAINING: None of that on the weekend. Changed my split around. Will now be: Mon-delts,tris,abs Wed-back,thighs Fri-chest,bis,calves

SLEEP- Had 10.5 hours on Fri night:), only 4 hours last night :(

SUPPLEMENTS: Took em all.

Overall: Good weekend. Excited about my new split and new diet. Time to get Big!

Goals- Use 125 on military press for 7+reps. Reintroduce upright rows. Use 150 on close-grips. :D

Chris Rodgers
02-05-2001, 11:20 PM
2/05 150 lbs

DIET: Started my new diet today. It was a lot of food, but I did it. I woke up late, so my postworkout and meal 1 were too close. I dropped the oatmeal with meal 1 because of this. Other than that diet was right on! Meal 6 is coming shortly. Water intake was over 2 gallons. Can't wait to grow from this! :D

TRAINING: Started new split today also. Today was Delts, triceps,abs. Had a good workout. Best lifts of the day: Military press 125x6, close-grip bench 145x7. Next week, use same weight on military, but increase reps. Increase weight on close-grip.

SLEEP: Had 8.5 hours last night. Went to bed too late, then slept late. Get to bed earlier on Sundays!

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all supplements. Added flaxseed oil today.

Overall: Good day. High energy! Can't wait to see where diet takes me!

Chris Rodgers
02-07-2001, 07:37 AM
2/06

DIET: Got all those calories in today. :) Water intake was high.

SLEEP: I had 8.5 hours of sleep last night

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all my supplements. I'm friggin hardcore, I just drink the flax oil straight out of the bottle!

Overall: Good rest day. Ready for the upcoming workout.

Goals- I've been slacking on my squatting. Tomorrow(actually today) is the start of steady progressing squatting for me! I will start my first work set with 195 today and go from there. Plan on hitting 240-250 for reps in 12 weeks!

Chris Rodgers
02-07-2001, 11:21 PM
2/7

DIET: Took down five meals, 6th is coming shortly. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: After realizing that the split I wrote up was not so good I adjusted it. It will now be- Mon-Chest, delts, triceps, Wed-thighs, biceps, calves, Fri- Back, grip, abs. I will be squatting one week, deadlifting the next. Today I did thighs and biceps. I used 185 for 2 sets of 5 on the squat focusing on form. I used 70lbs for 5,5,5 reps done in "21's" fashion for bb curls.

SLEEP: Only got 6.5 hours last night. :(

SUPPLEMENTS: I missed my first serving of my Multi, other than that everything was taken.

Overall- Good, quick workout. Got all those calories down. Looking forward to progressing on new training split.

Chris Rodgers
02-09-2001, 12:15 AM
2/08

DIET: Had 5 meals so far. Meal 6 is coming shortly. Water intake was good.

SLEEP: Had 8 hours of sleep last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all supplements. Took extra Vit.C because I feel a little cold coming on. :(

Overall: Felt a little crappy. Hopefully I'm not getting sick again.

Goals- Use 175 for reps on my first work set of bb rows. Totally thrash my back with the bb rows, chins and shrugs. Next week-DEADLIFTS!

Chris Rodgers
02-10-2001, 01:11 AM
2/9 151 lbs

DIET: Not very good. Slept in late, calories were low. I have a cold and my appetite was low. I'm going to have to force myself to eat more tomorrow. The next 2 days are rest days, so hopefully I'll be back and running on Monday!(well, not actually running, but you know what I mean).

TRAINING: Today was Back, grip, abs. I had a damn good workout, even though I feel pretty crappy. I got 6 reps with 175 on bb rows. On wide-grip chins I got 4 reps w/ a 45 lb plate strapped on. I followed that up with a set of 11 reps of just bodyweight. I used 90 lb db's for 17 reps on shrugs. Hung from the chin bar with 135 strapped to me(for grip).

SLEEP: Slept late. Got over 10 hours of sleep.

SUPPLEMENTS- Took all supplements. Took extra Vit. c again.

Overall- Good workout!:) I hate feeling sick though.:( Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Chris Rodgers
02-11-2001, 09:32 PM
2/10-2/11

DIET: I was sick all weekend! Damn winter:(! My appetite was low and my diet suffered. Tomorrow I'm back on track with the diet and water.

TRAINING: Rest

SLEEP: A total of 13 hours betwwen the 2 days. Not high enough.

SUPPLEMENTS: Ok, took extra Vit. C.

Overall: Not a good weekend, being sick and all. Can't wait to get back to eating and training!

Goals- Get better! Use 180 for work set on bench.

Chris Rodgers
02-12-2001, 09:49 PM
2/12 153lbs :)

DIET: Back on track today. Took down five meals so far, 6th is coming. Water intake was high.

TRAINING: Trained chest,delts,triceps today. Despite having a cold I had a good workout. I set a personal best in the bench press- 180x5. Up 5 lbs and one rep from last week. Delts and triceps pumped up quick after chest.

SLEEP: Had 8.5+ hours of sleep last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all supplements and extra vit.C again.

Overall- Still have a cold, but felt good about the workout. After a so-so weekend of eating, good suprise to see my weight went up!

Chris Rodgers
02-13-2001, 10:14 PM
2/13

DIET: Ran out of food today. Went to the deli on my lunch break and bought a few sandwiches. Still took in enough calories, just not my usual meals. Water intake was fine.

SLEEP: Had over 7.5 hours of sleep last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Took all supplements.

Overall-Glad I kept calories high despite running out of food.

Goals- Go heavier on front squats(just started them). Get to the food store in the morning and buy food! Get more reps out with 70 lbs in the "21's" fashion on bb curls!

Chris Rodgers
02-15-2001, 12:30 AM
2/14

DIET: Had 6 meals. One meal was chicken cutlet parmigiana, went out with the GF for Valentines day, other than that meals were normal. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: Today was thighs, biceps, calves. Did three sets of front squats, not too demanding. Add 1 set next time. Added 3 reps to bb curls "21's"- used 70lbsx6,6,6. Chest,delts, triceps are still very sore from Monday!

SLEEP: Had 7 hours last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: All taken

Overall- Good day! Got up plenty early to go buy meat. Had a good workout, ate plenty!

Chris Rodgers
02-15-2001, 09:56 PM
2/15

DIET: had 5 meals so far. 6th is coming shortly. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: rest day

SLEEP: Had 7.5 hours of sleep last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: All supplements taken.

Overall- Calories intake was good. I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to get plenty of sleep tonight.

Goals- Going to go back to conventional deads after trying out sumo for a few weeks. Use 315 for my work set. Get at least 5 reps with 45 lb plate on chins. Trying out cable rows for the first time in a while. Work hard on grip work tomorrow!

Chris Rodgers
02-17-2001, 01:09 AM
2/16

DIET: Pretty crappy today. Calorie intake wasn't high enough. Water was pretty good.

TRAINING: Today was back,grip,abs. Went back to conventional deads. Got 315x6!:) Workout went well!

SLEEP: Had 9.5 hours last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: All taken except for second serving of multi.

Overall- Felt good about the workout, crappy about my eating. Have to make sure to eat better when I have off from work.

Chris Rodgers
02-18-2001, 09:42 PM
2/17-2/18

DIET: Gonna make some changes. Same foods, but going for 7 meals per day @ approx 700 cals each. Some will be more, none less than 700. Cals will equal approx 5,000. Weekend meals will be planned due to lack of eating on the weekends. I will however, be able to replace the weekend meals with cheat foods.:) Water intake will remain at 1.5-2 gallons.

SLEEP: Had 9.5 hours Friday night, 5.5 hours last night.

SUPPLEMENTS:Not too good this weekend, will be planned from now on.

Overall- Poor weekend for recovery. Need to eat more.

Goals- Go up 5lbs on bench press! Going to use close-grips tomorrow also. And rear-delt laterals. So, I'll see how those go.

Chris Rodgers
02-19-2001, 10:43 PM
2/19 156lbs :D

DIET: 6 meals down, 7th is coming. It's a lot of food!!!!!! Water intake was good.

TRAINING: Today was chest, delts, triceps. Benched 185x4. Rest of workout was ok.

SLEEP:Had 8 hours last night.

SUPPLEMENTS:Took all supplements

Overall- Ate all these calories!!!! I have to grow from this! Felt good on the bench, a little weak on the following exercises, but that was kind of expected.

Chris Rodgers
02-20-2001, 10:34 PM
2/20

DIET: Appetite was a little low. Took in over 4,000 cals though. Water intake was good.

SLEEP: 8 hours last night

Overall- Fine, nothing special

Goals: Squat10-20 lbs more than 2 weeks ago! Eat more!!

Chris Rodgers
02-21-2001, 11:09 PM
2/21

DIET: Appetite was better. Took in just under 5,000 cals today. Water intake was good.

TRAINING: Today I just did squats. It was an awesome workout! I hit a PB on them. I did 205x5 on first workset(up 20 lbs from last workout). Then, I did 225x5 on 2nd work set(up 40 lbs from last week). Then did a single with 250! This is the most weight I have ever done. I changed my foot position and I focused on keeping tight and breathing right. It worked!

SLEEP:Had a little over 8 hours last night

SUPPLEMENTS:Took all supplements

Overall-Good day! I am so pysched about the squats! Can't wait for my next workout!

Chris Rodgers
02-23-2001, 12:07 AM
2/22

DIET: Got all my meals in. Plenty of cals, plenty of water.

SLEEP: Had 8 hours lats night

SUPPLEMENTS: All taken except for first dose of multi(forgot)

Overall-No problems, nothing great

Goals- Try out supinated chins tomorrow. Go for 185 on BB rows. Go heavy on grip work.

Chris Rodgers
02-25-2001, 09:08 PM
2/23

DIET: Meals were good. Cals fine, water fine.

TRAINING: Today was Back, grip. Did 185x6 on bent rows. Used supinated chins and liked them.:) Went heavy on grip work, felt good!

SLEEP: Had 8.5 hours last night.

Overall- Good workout, good calorie intake!

Chris Rodgers
02-25-2001, 09:13 PM
2/24-2/25

DIET: Calories were better this weekend. Still need to be higher. Water was a little low on Sunday.

SLEEP: Had 8 hours on Fri night, 4.5+ last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Taken

Overall- Need highher cals, better water intake.

Goals- Going for a max bench manana. Shooting for at least 205. Will see how I feel in the morning.

Chris Rodgers
02-27-2001, 09:28 PM
2/26

DIET: Fine

TRAINING:I was going for a bench max today. I went to heavy and couldn't find the groove. After a few attempts and weight adjustments it just seemed pointless. I moved on to standing db presses, close-grip bench and overhead db ext. I progressed on all three. Go figure. My best lift was close-grip: 155x7

SLEEP: I had 8+ hours last night

Overall- ****ed about the max attempt, everything else went fine.

Chris Rodgers
02-27-2001, 09:33 PM
2/27

DIET: Good

SLEEP: Had about 8 hours

Overall- No problems

Goals-I will squat at least 260lbs tomorrow!

Chris Rodgers
03-03-2001, 12:21 AM
2/28 155lbs

TRAINING: Went very well. I went with 260 first and nailed it. Failed at 270. Then hit 265 and then once again failed at 270. My new max is 265x1! I'm very happy!

SLEEP:I had 6.5 hours last night

Overall- Today was a good day!

Chris Rodgers
03-03-2001, 12:24 AM
3/1

DIET: I felt like crap. Think all these calories are catching up with me. Feeling very bloated. Diet wasn't great. Going to lower cals and build back up gradually.

SLEEP: Had 8 hours last night

Overall- nothing special

Chris Rodgers
03-03-2001, 12:27 AM
3/2

DIET: Still a little shaky. I'll start my new diet on Monday.

TRAINING- Started new routine. Had a great workout and it only took a little over 25 minutes!

SLEEP: Had 9 hours last night.

Overall- Great pump, have to get my diet back in order on Monday!

Chris Rodgers
03-04-2001, 09:06 PM
3/3-3/4

DIET: Plenty of cals, I'm really lazy on weekends though.

SLEEP: Had 8 hours on Friday night, a little over 4 last night.

SUPPLEMENTS: Not too good(freakin lazy bastard)

Ovearll- Not great

Goals- I will lower my bench poundages and shoot for around 10 reps. I will add 2 reps to my dips and 5 lbs to my skullcrushers.

Maki Riddington
03-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Latman when you do bent rows do you use the barbell or do you do them with a machine?

Just curious because if your doing bent rows with the barbell with a 185 pounds that my friend is alot of weight!

Chris Rodgers
03-04-2001, 09:19 PM
I did them with a barbell(free weight). I have done them on the smith machine and like those as well. Also, I used an underhand grip, which gives me much more power. Overhand I probably wouldn't go higher than 145-155. Thanks btw:)

Chris Rodgers
03-06-2001, 09:02 PM
3/5 157 lbs

DIET: Fine. Plenty of cals and water.

TRAINING: Trained push today. Had a good workout. I lowered my bench poundage and upped my reps. I got 155x10. I matched reps on dips from last workout, but added 1 negative. I upped my skullcrushers 5lbs and 1 rep from last time.

SLEEP: Had about 7.5 hours last night.

Overall-Good day!

Chris Rodgers
03-06-2001, 09:07 PM
3/6

TRAINING: Rest day, but shoveled plenty of snow and went sledding. Walking up that icy hill was brutal. Better not affect squats tomorrow!

SLEEP: Had about 8.5 hours last night.

Overall- Good day. It was my sisters birthday, I had off from work, had a good time!

Goals- Add 10lbs to 5 rep squat. Gonna use power rack deads tomorrow for the first time in a while. Those will be heavy and then I will hit my lats with some supinated chins. I will go to failure with a 45 lb plate to gauge my strength on them.

Chris Rodgers
03-08-2001, 10:53 PM
3/7

TRAINING: Woke up about an hour late, so training was cut short. Squats went up 10 lbs, got 235x5. Did deadlifts off the pins of the power rack and pulled 365x3 and 385x2. Good, quick workout.

SLEEP: Had 8 hours last night.

Overall- Good workout, plenty of cals. Have to wake up on time for workouts!!!

Chris Rodgers
03-08-2001, 10:56 PM
3/8

DIET: plenty of calories. Plenty of water.

SLEEP: Had 7+ hours last night

SUPPLEMENTS: Fine

Overall-fine

GOALS: Add 5 lbs to bench press. Add 2 reps to dips. Add 5 lbs to skullcrusher.

Chris Rodgers
03-10-2001, 12:12 AM
3/9

DIET: Not great :(

TRAINING: Didn't feel good going in. I added 5lbs to my 10 rep bench. I skipped dips, then added 5lbs but went from 12 to 10 reps on the skullcrushers. Didn't feel it today. Next week, diet will be changed around a bit.

SLEEP: Had 10 hours last night.

Overall- Not great, but at least my bench went up.

Chris Rodgers
03-11-2001, 07:33 PM
3/10-3/11

DIET:Calories were ok during the weekend. Time to get stricter! Here is what it will look like for now:

Meal 1- 6egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast, bran 1 cup bran cereal, Flax seed oil, multi, 1 gram Vit.C, water

Meal 2- 5-6oz. hamburger, 2 slices whole wheat bread, peanuts, carrots, water

Meal 3- 6-7 oz. Chicken breast, 1 cup of rice, peanuts, carrots, water

Meal 4- 5-6 oz. hamburger, 2 slices whole wheat bread, peanuts, carrots, multi, water

Meal 5- 6-7oz. chicken breast, 1 cup of rice, Salad, flaxseed oil, water

Meal 6- Metrx MRP, 1 scoop of peanut butter, water

On training days, I will have a post workout meal that will include 125 grams of simple carbs(ultra fuel and a banana), 36 grams of whey protein, 2 grams Vit.C, 800IU Vit.E, and 5 grams of glutamine. This meal will be an hour or so before meal 1.

TRAINING: After about 4 workouts, I have modified my new split. Instead of 2 push days and one legs/pull day, I will alternate weeks. Week1:2 legs/pull days, 1push day. Week 2:1legs/pull day, 2 push days. I will train on M,W,F. This is what it will look like:

Day 1-Legs/pull
1.Squat
2.Supinated chins
3.Grip and ab work

Day 3-Push
1.Flat bench press
2.Close grip benches

Day 5-Legs/pull
1.Deadlift
2.Rows(cable or db)
3.Grip and ab work

Day 8-Push
1.Weighted dips
2.Skullcrushers

Day 10-Legs/pull
1.Squat
2.Supinated chins
3.Grip and ab work

Day 12-Push
Same as day 3

Day 15-Legs/pull
1.Squat
2.Power rack deadlifts
3.Grip and ab work

Day 17-Push
Same as day 8

Day 19-Legs/pull
Start over from day 1

Nice and simple. Sets and reps will vary. Will just add weight and/or reps as often as friggin possible!

Time to get strong!

Chris Rodgers
03-12-2001, 11:12 PM
3/12

DIET: Right on target.

TRAINING: Had Legs/pull today. I had no set rep range for squats, but I felt strong so I went heavy. Worked up to 250x2, 260x1 and then went for 275 and started up and just lost it. I think I would have nailed it without the previous sets. I will go for 275 or 280 in two weeks. After that I went to chins and am realizing that I am much stronger with an overhand grip. For some reason my supinated grip sux. I don't know. I did grip and quick abs after that.

SLEEP: Had about 8.5 hours last night.

Overall-Pretty good, wish I would/'ve hit the 275. Oh well, I'll hit a PB on deads on Friday!

Chris Rodgers
03-13-2001, 09:58 PM
3/13

SLEEP: Had about 9.5 hours last night.

Overall- Fine for a rest day.

Goals- I will add 5 lbs to my bench press.

Chris Rodgers
03-14-2001, 11:57 PM
3/14

TRAINING: Did push today. Increased my bench by 5 lbs. Also did closegrips. Workout only took 15 minutes!

SLEEP: Had ~7 hours last night.

Overall- Good day. Happy about my bench!

Chris Rodgers
03-15-2001, 09:43 PM
3/15

SLEEP: Had ~8.5 hours last night

Overall-fine

Goals- Increase deadlift by 20 lbs!

Chris Rodgers
03-17-2001, 11:19 AM
3/16

DIET-Pretty good, not great

TRAINING: I was ****ed! I went for a max dead and it didn't happen!:( I've decided to put it behind me and use that workout to fuel my future deadlift sessions!
I felt good about my grip strength. Did 90x10 on db rows and didn't need straps. That was one of the few exercises I actually still used straps for.

SLEEP: Had ~9 hours last night

Overall- Not great, but the future is looking bright!

Chris Rodgers
03-17-2001, 11:53 PM
3/17

DIET: Bleh! Family party today. I suck!

TRAINING: Decided to add a 4th workout. It went well, so it will stay. I will now do pull/legs on Mon and Fri and then do push on Wed and Sat. I did flat bench today. Added 5lbs and dropped 1 rep. Still progressing!

SLEEP: Had ~8 hours last night

SUPPLEMENTS: taken

Overall- Have to start eating more consistantly!!!! How many times have I said that already?!?!?!?

Chris Rodgers
03-18-2001, 06:31 PM
3/18

DIET: Cheat day

TRAINING: Nope

SLEEP: Had 5 hours last night

SUPPLEMENTS: Not much

Goals- EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT-That is one for every day of the week!!! Remember to eat!!
Progress on squats tomorrow.

Chris Rodgers
03-19-2001, 10:25 PM
3/19

DIET: Good!

TRAINING: Went too heavy on squats. Next squat workout(Fri), I will lower the weight back down and use higher reps(like 8-10). I will then try and add 5-10 lbs per session in that range.

Overall- Not a great workout, diet was good though.

Chris Rodgers
03-20-2001, 09:35 PM
3/20

DIET: Not enough cals. Tomorrow morning after I train I'm going to buy more meat and make burgers for tomorrow. Water was a bit low.

SLEEP: Slept a bit late ~10 hours

Overall- Not great

Goals- Add 5 lbs to bench press!! Eat a lot!!

Anthony
03-21-2001, 03:00 AM
Damn right you'll lower the weight biatch!!

YOU'RE GOIN DOWN!

Chris Rodgers
03-21-2001, 06:32 AM
Haha, good one Ant. I'll use that as my motivation while I lift this morning!

Chris Rodgers
03-22-2001, 10:14 PM
3/21

TRAINING: Did push today. Bench went up 5 lbs, 175x8. Followed with seated OH extensions and close grips. Good quick workout.

SLEEP: ~8 hours last night

SUPPLEMENTS: Good

Overall- fine

Chris Rodgers
03-22-2001, 10:17 PM
3/22

DIET: Missed one meal because work was busy, otherwise good.

SLEEP: ~8 hours last night

Goals- Lowering weight on squats tomorrow. Will see what weight I am squatting for 8-10 reps. I will use power rack deads tomorrow also. Shooting for a triple @385.

Chris Rodgers
03-23-2001, 09:54 PM
3/23 155lbs

DIET: Pretty good

TRAINING: I suck at squatting, nuff said. I did power rack deads after squats. Did 385x2, then did 315x10 on the next set. Finished off with rear delt laterals. My delts look really weird. Doing these to help with my posture, don't want screwed up shoulders.

SLEEP: Had ~6.5 hours last night.

Overall- Squats were crappy, everything else good.

Goals- Add 5 lbs to bench press!

Chris Rodgers
03-24-2001, 06:55 PM
3/24

DIET: I will now just post total cals for the day. There will never be a day, from now on, where I don't eat at least 5,000 cals! I will grow, oh yes, I will!

TRAINING: Did push today. Benched 180x6. Since that is the lowest I wanted to go on reps, I will not bench for the next 2 weeks. For those 4 push workouts, I will use weighted dips instead and hit them extra hard. I will go back to bench on the 5th push workout stronger than before. I finished today's workout with overhead cambered bar ext and close grips and progressed on both.

SLEEP: Had ~10 hours last night.

Overall- Cals need to be and will be higher from now on!!! Workout was good.

pr3
03-24-2001, 09:42 PM
LATS, you seem more determined than ever. Excellent! That's really motivational for me too. But what is causing this? Are you seeing too many disappointments in your training or not seeing your goals being met? Please tell.

Chris Rodgers
03-25-2001, 05:39 PM
pr3- It's just that I know the main factor for my sub-par gains for the first 3+ years of training has been from my poor consitantcy with my diet. I know I need to eat more, it just hasn't happened yet. By making diet the #1 priority in my lifting lifestyle, I feel I will be more successful. I am determined to get bigger and stronger and I control my own destiny. If I keep working hard and get those calories in every day of every week, I will succeed. My first goal- Win the lifting competition with Cack and Anthony!

Thanks for the curiousity and glad I can inspire people(or at least one person ;) )

Chris Rodgers
03-25-2001, 07:14 PM
3/25

DIET: Will have 5,000 cals down by bedtime.

TRAINING: rest

SLEEP: ~5 hours last night

Overall- I hate Sundays! Cals were good though.

Goals- I will finally have a good squat workout tomorrow!

Chris Rodgers
03-27-2001, 08:54 AM
3/26157 lbs

DIET: Had ~5,100 cals.

TRAINING: Squats went well. I maxed and got 275x1, then went for 285. I wasn't sure if I went deep enough with 275, so I made sure to go plenty deep with 285 and nailed it! Also did a set of bodyweight chins for 13 reps and finished with some quick bi's and forearms.

SLEEP: Had ~7.5 hours last night

Overall- Good day! Cals were high and I hit a PR! Can't beat that :D

Chris Rodgers
03-27-2001, 09:40 PM
3/27

DIET: Last meal is coming. Cals will be at ~5,000 cals.

Overall- Good

Goals- I'm switching from flat bench to weighted dips for the next 4 push workouts. Planning on repping with 70+ lbs strapped to me!

Chris Rodgers
03-29-2001, 09:41 AM
3/28

DIET: ~5,000 cals

TRAINING: Did push. Did weighted dips with 2 plates for 5 reps!! Followed those up with overhead ext. with the ez-curl and close grips and progressed on both by 5 lbs.

SLEEP: Had ~6.5 hours

Overall- Good workout, plenty of cals!

Chris Rodgers
03-30-2001, 10:28 AM
3/29

DIET: ~4,300 cals. A bit low

SLEEP: ~8.5 hours

Overall- Not great

Goals- Add 10 lbs to power rack deads!

Chris Rodgers
03-31-2001, 12:14 AM
3/30

DIET: Not enough cals today! :(

TRAINING: Had a good workout! I did 325x13 on power rack deads! I also did db rows and rear delt laterals and progressed on both.

SLEEP: Had ~10 hours last night

Overall- Need more cals! Good workout though.

Goals- add reps to 2 plate dips!!

Chris Rodgers
03-31-2001, 09:00 PM
3/31

Only things worth reporting are that I had 9 hours of sleep last night and I added 2 reps to my 2 plate dip meaning I got 7 reps!

Went shopping and got more meat and chicken! Need to eat 6-7 meals every day from now on!!!!!!

I will weigh 150 lbs@ 8%BF or less by July 1!

Chris Rodgers
04-01-2001, 08:26 PM
4/1

DIET: Better for a Sunday. Cals were good, water good.

SLEEP: 4 hours :(

SUPPS: Fine

Goals- I am not sure what rep range I will use for squats tomorrow, but I will have a good workout!!

Chris Rodgers
04-03-2001, 12:51 AM
4/2

TRAINING: Did legs/pull. Maxed again on squats(I couldn't help it). I went up 10 lbs! 295 is my new max!! Finished with chins and curls.

SUPPS: Good

Overall- Good, feel a bit of a cold coming on......again! Taking more vit. C.

Adam
04-03-2001, 09:45 AM
Congrats on the squat Lat's.
Would you mind posting what kind of grip work you do?

Chris Rodgers
04-03-2001, 09:54 AM
Thanks man.

As for grip, I have to admit I've slacked on grip training the past few weeks. When I do it though, I like to do a few exercises with little rest in between. I might do static holds out of the power rack, hang from the chin bar with plates, different kinds of curls(wrist, reverse, etc.), I don't currently do the farmers walk, but if you could it looks like a good one.

Basically just lifting heavy and not using straps is helping my grip.

Chris Rodgers
04-03-2001, 08:46 PM
4/3

DIET: Good, last meal will be in about an hour or so.

SLEEP: Had ~7 hours last night

Goals- I'm going to use bb bench tomorrow. I will add 5 lbs to it!

Chris Rodgers
04-05-2001, 08:48 AM
4/4

TRAINING: Did push. Benched 205x1, 2nd rep didn't make it all the way up:(. I then did 190x3. Also did OH ez-curl ext and closegrips, both progressed. I finished with a set of pushups.

SLEEP: Had ~7 hours last night

SUPPS- Taken

Overall- Good

Chris Rodgers
04-06-2001, 12:14 AM
4/5

SLEEP: ~8 hours

SUPPS: Taken

Goals- Add 20lbs to power rack deads!

Chris Rodgers
04-06-2001, 10:19 PM
4/6

DIET: Good, have 2 meals coming up.

TRAINING: Did pull today. Power rack deads went up to 345x12. Also did bb rows with an overhand grip. Liked the change, will continue to use these. I finished with db shrugs-90'sx15 and grip work. Went up to 475 on holds out of the rack. Only held it for like 5 seconds.

SLEEP: Had ~10 hours last night

Overall- Food was good, training was good.

Goals- Use 190 for a workset on bench!

Chris Rodgers
04-07-2001, 11:04 PM
4/7

DIET: Not too great, only 5 meals today. The voices inside my head, er I mean inside the chat(you know who you are) have spoken and have decided that I will bulk until at the least next summer. Thanks guys

TRAINING: Had a crappy workout. Wrote up a detailed plan for the next 12 weeks. Now I will not have to think, just lift. Plus, with the extra cals, lifts should skyrocket!

SLEEP: Had ~8 hours

Overall-bleh

Cackerot69
04-08-2001, 01:07 AM
yeah!!!

BULK!!!

Chris Rodgers
04-11-2001, 09:54 AM
4/11 159 lbs

I am going to be in a men's baseball league so my training is going to change. I put a detailed description in it in the thread I started in training. I will be eating to gain and training 2 days per week.

I will not be posting in here every day, most likely just 3 days per week. I will keep you guys posted.

Oh BTW, Cack and Ant, don't think I am going to let up because of this. I am still going to win!:D

I did bench today and benched 186x6, progressed! :)

Chris Rodgers
04-12-2001, 10:16 PM
4/12

Today I did a quick workout. All I did was deadlifts out of the power rack and bar holds for grip. I did the deads standing on a platform so it made the ROM greater than the way I was doing them. They were harder than I expected which tells me the top of my dead is strong and the bottom is weak. I did 315x8, prolly could have got 10. I'm starting baseball on Saturday, so I didn't want to kill my back. I finished with rack holds and worked up to all the weight I have! I held 510 lbs for about 3 seconds! My grip is getting sooo strong now!

Chris Rodgers
04-17-2001, 08:42 AM
Well, baseball was really cool. It felt weird to be out there again after 5 years. My new regimen is set up to get me in the best possible shape for baseball, while increasing my strength, speed and power. I lifted on 4/16 and squatted 305x1 for a new PR. I felt weak on bench after squats, only got 190x3. Next week I will bench 195x3. The rest of the workout was good. I'm doing something totally different to what I've done in the past on Thursday, so I'll keep you guys updated.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-17-2001, 09:29 AM
Who is this Latman anyway? Are you new here?...;)

Cackerot69
04-17-2001, 03:32 PM
Forget baseball you little biatch...BULK little man!

Chris Rodgers
04-21-2001, 12:00 AM
I have posted my new diet and training schedules in the diet and training forums. Check them out. I will be getting huge shortly and quite strong to boot.:D

Dabomber
05-14-2001, 06:54 AM
GOALS: For May 1st:

Bring weight up from 150 to 160-165.
Following Strength goals:

Deadlifts- 365 for reps, 405 max
Squats- 250 for reps
Inc. db's- 85's for reps
Military db's- 70's for reps
Flat Bench- 225 max
db rows- 105 lb db for reps

Chris Rodgers
05-14-2001, 08:00 PM
I wish I knew man.

I am approx 160-162lbs now. I can do a few reps with the 85's for inc. db. I can squat 250 for a few reps. I haven't hit that bench max or the shoulder presses. My db's only go up to 90 and I can easily rep that for db rows, so I dunno about 105.