PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet

OscarLip
07-04-2002, 08:14 AM
Ok, Currently I am beginning a cuttng diet to slim down some and to get my abs showing.

I have heard so many things when it comes to ratios.

I just want to know what ratio of Carbs/Protein and Fat are needed in a cutting diet?

I have heard 2 times that for a cutting diet the ratio is......

50 Pro/30 Carbs/ 20 Fat

Is that correct?

Tryska
07-04-2002, 08:44 AM
the correct ratio is one that works best for you. a lot of people have success doing a low carb diet for cutting, but really you need to figure out what works best for your body.

for me it would be 50pro/20carbs/30fat......but that's jus me.

give this one a go and manipulate the macros as necessary if it's not bringing you the success you want.

Praetorian
07-07-2002, 02:28 PM
I am currently doing a 46%pro/25%carb/29%fat it works miracles!

MRJ
07-08-2002, 01:33 PM
The best advice I've seen within this thread is to do, "what works best for you".

Don't worry about ratios that everyone prescribes as they will vary based upon the total calories consumed.

Take everything within this forum (or any other for that matter)with a grain of salt. Give 'em a try, experiment.

To give an example of how varied some ratios are . . . I use a ratio of 55% fat - 15% carb. - 30% protein when dieting to lose bodyfat. When dieting to gain lean mass I employ roughly 30% fat - 30% carb - 40% protein.

The only constant I employ would be the customary 1g/1lb of protein, regardless of requirement for the diet. (lose fat or gain lean mass)

Food for though, indeed.