PDA

View Full Version : George Leeman pulls 875x4

Brian Hopper
11-10-2012, 05:32 PM
21 y/o George Leeman deadlifts 875 for 4 reps, check it out...

QUkTdRnOZpA

Brian C
11-10-2012, 07:20 PM
WOW. Very impressive pulling

ScottYard
11-11-2012, 07:03 AM
That guy is built to pull. Amazing. I haven't heard of him before though. Does he do full meets?

Brian Hopper
11-11-2012, 08:53 AM
That guy is built to pull. Amazing. I haven't heard of him before though. Does he do full meets?

I think he just started competing this year. He did the Olympia and the meet Mark Bell just did last weekend. I don't think he does full meets. Every video I've seen him in he's pulling. He's a beast that's for sure!

TheRealDeal930
11-11-2012, 09:19 PM
BEAST!

chris mason
11-11-2012, 09:28 PM
You're not kidding Scott, he starts about half way up due to his long arms. Strong kid!

Leeman
11-13-2012, 04:13 AM
thanks guys! really started focusing on my deadlift again a little over 2 months ago with some good supplementation and this just happened to be the result, before that i had been laid off deadlifting for a while.. no reason to push my self so hard if i didnt intend to compete.

if i can just bring my grip strength up or stop tearing the calluses on my hands every time i try and pull heavy bare handed I would actually be able to get in a good deadlift in a meet some time :)

going to try at 905 for reps next week!

just moved to chicago and am now training with chris hickson and the lilliebridges on the weekends (when I deadlift and do deadlift assistance work) so hopefully with the help of everyone at the gym il be able to accomplish something

Leeman
11-13-2012, 04:20 AM

i have pretty good squating leverages too, but a injury to my inner thigh area back when I was 18 threw me off squating for a long time.. now i have to work my way back into the form and regain my flexibility and get past the mental barrier that I have up about that lift.

but back when I was 18 I used to squat around 750 in just a belt, with just food/whey and nothing else, of course I had quite the squat belly back then lol.. was around 400lbs at the time. but if I could get back into squating without any injuries im sure Id do quite well.

I keep ever so slightly pulling my pec every week on bench, so right now im just letting it recover once and for all, but im pause benching in the low 500's and havent focused much on that lift at all other than for the last few months.

if i can get/stay injury free and get some training under my belt, and bring up my hands abilities to hold heavy things (mostly a problem of calus tears) i would be able to put together a good total i think

Judas
11-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Well thats just fucking retarded.

What bodyweight does this ridiculousness happen at...???

Brian Hopper
11-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Do you keep a training log here? If not you should start one.

J_Byrd
11-13-2012, 05:57 AM
That is just insane!

ScottYard
11-13-2012, 06:46 AM
i have pretty good squating leverages too, but a injury to my inner thigh area back when I was 18 threw me off squating for a long time.. now i have to work my way back into the form and regain my flexibility and get past the mental barrier that I have up about that lift.

but back when I was 18 I used to squat around 750 in just a belt, with just food/whey and nothing else, of course I had quite the squat belly back then lol.. was around 400lbs at the time. but if I could get back into squating without any injuries im sure Id do quite well.

I keep ever so slightly pulling my pec every week on bench, so right now im just letting it recover once and for all, but im pause benching in the low 500's and havent focused much on that lift at all other than for the last few months.

if i can get/stay injury free and get some training under my belt, and bring up my hands abilities to hold heavy things (mostly a problem of calus tears) i would be able to put together a good total i think

Keep it up. Stay healthy!