PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Nuggets

Tru
07-07-2002, 05:23 PM
Are chicken nuggets really bad for you? Or would they be an okay for to eat?

I won't be eating them in the summer, thankfully, but when i have school again.. That's basically the only food remotely healthy to eat..

Manveet
07-07-2002, 05:41 PM
If it's the ONLY thing, then yes I would go for them, I just don't like the crappy breading on the outside, and the meat is usually of low quality. I suggest you buy cans of tuna and take them to school, their cheap and easy, just eat it right out of the can, and oh yeah, make sure you bring a breath mint for afterwards.

Goin_Big
07-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Chickens don't have nuggets.

BCC
07-07-2002, 06:53 PM
Why don't you bring food to school with you? If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to do what you need to do.

Monster Muscle
07-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
Why don't you bring food to school with you? If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to do what you need to do.
couldnt have said it better

davetha1
07-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Chicken Nuggets are remotely healthy? I dont know if your talking about Mcdonalds chicken nuggets or not, but that 'chicken' is all the good stuff and its not all the chicken your thinking of. Like BCC said just take your food with you, buy some tupperware, get a shaker and you should be set.

Kromax
07-08-2002, 07:00 AM
Chicken McNuggets = processed chicken. Mmmm. rib meat. :(

Qea
07-08-2002, 10:01 AM
100% chicken doesn't necessarily mean chicken meat

:D

it's

1. deep fried
2. breaded
3. processed meat (i.e. hello, ambiguous bodily parts)

It's REALLY remotely, healthy.

Kromax
07-09-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Qea
processed meat (i.e. hello, ambiguous bodily parts)

A few years ago, I cooked a box of Tyson frozen chicken for a friend and I. It was breaded so heavily that it was hard to tell what part was what. Anyway, my buddy is digging the meat out of an "ambiguous" body part. About halfway through it, he suddenly spits out some chicken. When the breading was removed, the bone that was left was the SKULL. Seriously. This is a true story. To this day, he hasn't forgiven me for making him eat chicken brains.

davetha1
07-09-2002, 07:25 AM
Chicken brains are high in fiber :p

Kromax
07-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by davetha1
Chicken brains are high in fiber :p

Hmm. . . now there's food for thought

davetha1
07-09-2002, 01:00 PM
In spirit of this thread -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/food/Story/0,2763,751244,00.html

body
07-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Qea
100% chicken doesn't necessarily mean chicken meat

:D

it's

1. deep fried
2. breaded
3. processed meat (i.e. hello, ambiguous bodily parts)

It's REALLY remotely, healthy.

chicken nuggets normally made of

1) white meat - breats and goujons
2) dark meat, legs, wings,
3) skin - skin
4) water
5) phospahtes, salts, - help keep stable.

then they are
6)battered then
7) breadcrumbed

8) fried.

all manufacoturer are the same.

but with KFC popcorn chicken the nuggets are tumbled when made under 0c salt solution, probably why they taste so nice.

skin is often added about 10-15% depending on customer. skin is about 70% fat as some water is present in the skin.

in the UK chicken brains are not used. MRM is unlikley to be used as well. though they do a similar process. but legally its not the same, so they get away with it.

Tru
07-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Well, what do you kids who GO to school take with you? I'm not taking tuna, that's for sure... lol

Behemoth
07-15-2002, 01:49 PM
This is a typical lunch for me... Grilled chicken breast, 3 hardboiled eggs, a baggie of strawberries. Or maybe, tuna in olive oil and a couple of triscuits. Or toasted whole wheat bread with turkey breast lowfat cheese and mustard in the middle.
All of these can either be put in a baggie of some tupperware, nuke it if your school has a microwave, or just eat it cold.
For inbetween classes get some beef lowfat beef jerky, and don't get any elaborate seasons, because odds are their going to have sugar content. I know you can get some cheap stuff at walmart that's got like .5g fat, 2g carb (1g sugar) and 13g protein per serving.

Reinier
07-15-2002, 04:14 PM
I take exactly what I want.
right now i take 2 meals to school, one is rice with tuna and a sip of olive oil in a tupperware box +2 wheat bread slices, the other is a chicken breast in plastic wrap, some peanuts in a lil bag, and 2 wheat slices.

Marcel
07-15-2002, 04:30 PM
:withstupi

I just bring a cow everywhere I go.

Tru
07-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Is it safe to eat a chicken breast cold? I might jsut do that.....

WannaBeStrong
07-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Tru
Is it safe to eat a chicken breast cold? I might jsut do that.....

Yes, but make sure you cook it dude ;)

body
07-18-2002, 05:10 PM
when you cook it, cool it quickly as well.

ideally you want to get the temp down to below 4 centrigrade with in 2 hours.

the breast will last up to 6 days, if you cook fresh breast and cool it quickly.

cook it to 84 centrigrade.

though with chicken, the meat is not very nice if you do not cook it for long enough.

all food is safe to eat cold as long as cooked and cooled properly and the meat was good quality in the 1st palce