PDA

View Full Version : Bulking info needed...

chrislehr
07-08-2002, 08:34 PM
OK, so I am going to start a bulking diet, and need some pointers..

My previous diet was cutting I guess, but I was running 2-3k calories, and trying to keep calories from protein, carbs and fat at about a 33/33/33 split.

So today's diet was:
9AM - Carnation Ins Breakfast + whey protein shake in 10 oz 1% milk

I had a busy day, so didnt eat again until 2:00pm:
BK Junior Chicken Whopper no mayo (but two chix cutlets) and a Bacon cheeseburger

4:30PM - Weight Gainers 1850 from GNC

8:45PM (post workout) - Protein Shake

It's 10:33 now, and I havent eaten yet :( But I think I am going to have a chicken Calzone...

Obviously today was not the cleanest foods I could be taking in.. Can someone point me at a good bulking diet.. what should my caloric intake and calorie breakdowns be???

xzioptix
07-08-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by chrislehr
OK, so I am going to start a bulking diet, and need some pointers..

My previous diet was cutting I guess, but I was running 2-3k calories, and trying to keep calories from protein, carbs and fat at about a 33/33/33 split.

So today's diet was:
9AM - Carnation Ins Breakfast + whey protein shake in 10 oz 1% milk

I had a busy day, so didnt eat again until 2:00pm:
BK Junior Chicken Whopper no mayo (but two chix cutlets) and a Bacon cheeseburger

4:30PM - Weight Gainers 1850 from GNC

8:45PM (post workout) - Protein Shake

It's 10:33 now, and I havent eaten yet :( But I think I am going to have a chicken Calzone...

Obviously today was not the cleanest foods I could be taking in.. Can someone point me at a good bulking diet.. what should my caloric intake and calorie breakdowns be???

:) So I guess you decided on the same path as I did..

SnkeSkiner
07-08-2002, 10:20 PM
You need a baseline of what is your maintaince level. Start keeping track of your calories and your weight for a week.

Add 500 calories/day to your baseline and you will gain some muscle if your training is up to par.