PDA

View Full Version : Type Of Diet

wibble
07-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Hey all,

I'm trying to make a good diet plan to follow, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out whether I should go on a bulking diet or cutting diet or what... I know that sounds kind of odd, it should be pretty apparent which one I should do. But heres the thing. ;)

I'm 22, 5'7", 144lbs. I'm skinny pretty much all over my body, my arms, legs, etc. But I kinda have a bit of a gut that I wanna get rid of and a bit of fat in the chest. Damn beer...I loved it too much for too long now its done this to me. :cry:

So my question is, how should I go about things...should I eat less and hope to burn off the excess weight working out and playing soccer, or should I eat about 5 meals a day to get my metabolism going? I don't really care about gaining any mass until I got a flat tummy. Then it'll be time to bulk and get ripped up.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Thanks,
wibble

Oh by the way, I've already quit pop, chips, bars, deep fried foods etc. :)

YatesNightBlade
07-10-2002, 03:32 AM
Eat Clean food and often.

Have a small meal every 2 - 3 hours, which includes protein fats and carbs.

Protein :-

Eggs
Milk
Turkey
Cottage Cheese
Beef
Chicken

Carbs:-

rice
potatos
fruit
pasta
oats
veg

Fats :-

Flax oil
Olive Oil
Nuts

wibble
07-10-2002, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. ;)

About how many calories do you think I should be taking in? I was gonna do up a diet based on ~2000 calories. Should it be more or less? I'm not sure if 2000 will cause me to gain more weight or not...

Thanks,
wibble

Manveet
07-10-2002, 12:43 PM
There was another dude who had a question on bulking, he's about your size so his diet guidlines for bulking may fit yours

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16294

Behemoth
07-10-2002, 01:30 PM
I'd go for the bulk, if you don't have much muslce but have a gut, once you lose the gut your weight 130 and be a toothpick. Get some weight on yourself first then once you cut you'll have something to show. Basically you'd be doing a bulk then cut instead of a cut, bulk, cut to look ripped.

wibble
07-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the link Manveet, it helped me get an idea of how many calories to take in. :)

I'd go for the bulk, if you don't have much muslce but have a gut, once you lose the gut your weight 130 and be a toothpick. Get some weight on yourself first then once you cut you'll have something to show. Basically you'd be doing a bulk then cut instead of a cut, bulk, cut to look ripped.

Yeah I think you're probably right here TryingToBeBig, I didn't think of it that way at first. ;) I just wanted to lose the gut because it seems I've picked up a lot of my old mans genes, and he isn't a fat guy but he does have a pretty big gut on him and I don't wanna end up the same way. So I guess losing the gut first was just to assure myself it could be done and I don't have to look like him. :)

Although even if I was a toothpick I'd still feel better about myself...man I hate that belly.

Thanks for the help guys. :D
wibble

Shao-LiN
07-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Yah, that was my goal too...losing the gut. But I figured, there's nothing underneath the gut to show, so might as well bulk first =).