PDA

View Full Version : ckd

InProgress
07-10-2002, 05:45 AM
I am on day 3 with just about "ZERO" carbs. Just meat, cheese and eggs and a shitload of water. Last night I felt like I was going to vomit at the gym. I had to struggle to make it through a shoulder workout.

Is that normal for the start of a ckd diet? Also, do you think a short version, say 2 weeks, on ckd will produce reasonable results or is that not enough time? I am not looking to drop 5% or anything, maybe just 2-3%.

Thanks for any responses in advance.

raniali
07-10-2002, 12:11 PM
Personally - I only train on Days 1 and 2 - when you still have SOME energy left from carbs. I leave the other days for cardio or rest. Yes - a CKD will hinder training heavy, but the whole point of it is to lose weight, not gain.

If this is your first time on a CKD, you will experience some of the worst feelings ever until your body becomes acclimated to switching back and forth from ketosis. This usually takes around 3 weeks. Ride it out because metabolic adaptation works to your advantage the longer you do this and you will have much more control over the CKD cycle. Also, once you get adjusted...if you want to do CKD in the future, you won't have the horrible 'growing pains' like the first time. No pain - No gain!

btw -- Don't forget your fiber supplements!!! Things don't work so well when you aren't eating your veggies. ;)

Fuel
07-10-2002, 12:19 PM
either what raniali said, or cook your animal products better!

i agree, stay on it a little longer, and why not add at least some carbs in there (50g)? you could still hit ketosis, as long as you have defecit in cals..... just a suggestion though.