PDA

View Full Version : MonStar's FINAL Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MonStar
07-10-2002, 11:07 AM
This is my FINAL journal here at WBB. I am going to keep this one for a long, long, time. I know that 99.9% of you guys are going to doubt me because I have said all of this before. That completely makes sense to me. I am just going to have to surprise you guys I guess.

Its already mid-summer and I am completely flabby and soft. Its actually really sad to be honest. Its sad and disappointing rather than motivational. However, I am going to have to turn this disappointed feeling into motivation to strive for more and more.

I need to stick this one out. I have switched back to a basic bodybuilding program. Something that I have not done in a while now. I have been searching for some kind of magic program that will allow me to drop a massive amount of bodyfat while packing on muscle size.

Every one of us here at WBB would be on that program if such a program existed. Unfortunately such a program does not exist. While it is a shame because I feel like I have spent a long time looking for it, I realize now that I was just wasting my time. That entire time I should have been on a conventional bodybuilding split and program.

I have also decided to make my refeeds more infrequent. This way hopefully Ill drop fat at a little bit of a quicker rate. I am going to be refeeding every 3rd day, postworkout, for around 4-6 hours. Once I reach the ideal bodyfat % that I want, I may switch back to every other day.

Right now as many of you can see in the before picture that I posted on July 5, 2002, I am completely soft and flabby. I havnt been this soft for a long time to be honest. So that alone is inspiration in itself. I hope to lean out within the next month or two. Doesnt really make sense to lean out for the Fall but since summer is going to be over in the next two months I really dont have a choice.

Again as always I ask my supporters to please continue posting with your comments, suggestions, etc. Theyre greatly appreciated. Also anyone who reads my journal at all to please post with your comments, questions, concerns, and suggestions.

Current Stats / Lifts.
Weight: 205-210 lbs. (soft and flabby)

Flat Barbell Presses: 255 x 4
Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 70 x 4
Dips: +90 x 4
Wide-grip Underhand Chins: +50 x 4
One-arm Dumbbell Rows: 90 x 4
Supported Underhand Rows: 190 x 4
Barbell Squats: 365 x 4
Good Mornings: 225 x 4
Lying Cambered-bar Extensions: 135 x 4
Standing Barbell Curls: 95 x 4

MonStar
07-10-2002, 11:09 AM
Goals For 2003.
Flat Barbell Presses: 315 x 2 (!)

Wide-grip Overhand Behind-neck Chins: BW x 20 (!)

Supported Underhand Rows: 300 x 2 (!)

Squats: 455 x 2 (!)

Standing Barbell Curls: 165 x 2 (!)

Seated Behind-neck Barbell Presses: 225 x 2 (!)

Lying Barbell Extensions: 165 x 2 (!)

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Can you just delete this one, and re-open one with another name? We all know this is anything but your final journal. So just call it "yet another journal" or something.

The only person you keep letting down is yourself, and frankly, you just keep setting yourself up for disappointment.

You say your looking for that program? Maybe HST is that program for you. You wouldn't ever know though, because you don't ever try it. You make half-assed attempts in which you talk about how much you love it, how much your strength is shooting up, and how much fat you feel like you're dropping, and then, out of nowhere, time and time again -- you drop it. You are one seriously self-destructive person.

I wish I could help you.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 11:23 AM
The Cuban Missile Crisis was definitely the closest that the world has ever come to nuclear war. The

United States armed forces were at their greatest state of readiness. The Soviet Union's field

commanders in Cuba were fully prepared to use battlefield nuclear weapons to defend the island if it

was invaded. Fortunately, thanks to the bravery of two men, President John F. Kennedy and Premier

Nikita Khrushchev, war was averted.

In 1962, the Soviet Union was desperately behind the United States in the arms race. Soviet
missiles were only powerful enough to be launched against Europe but U.S. missiles were
capable of striking the entire Soviet Union. In late April 1962, Soviet Premier Nikita
Khrushchev conceived the idea of placing intermediate-range missiles in Cuba. A deployment
in Cuba would double the Soviet strategic arsenal and provide a real deterrent to a potential
U.S. attack against the Soviet Union.

Meanwhile, Fidel Castro was looking for a way to defend his island nation from an attack by
the U.S. Ever since the failed Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961, Castro felt a second attack was
inevitable. Consequently, he approved of Khrushchev's plan to place missiles on the island. In
the summer of 1962 the Soviet Union worked quickly and secretly to build its missile
installations in Cuba.

For the United States, the crisis began on October 15, 1962 whenreconnaissance
photographs revealed Soviet missiles under construction in Cuba. Early the next day,
President John Kennedy was informed of the missile installations. Kennedy immediately
organized the EX-COMM, a group of his twelve most important advisors to handle the crisis.
After seven days of guarded and intense debate within the upper echelons of government,
Kennedy concluded to impose a naval quarantine around Cuba. He wished to prevent the
arrival of more Soviet offensive weapons on the island. On October 22, Kennedy announced
the discovery of the missile installations to the public and his decision to quarantine the
island. He also proclaimed that any nuclear missile launched from Cuba would be regarded as
an attack on the United States by the Soviet Union and demanded that the Soviets remove
all of their offensive weapons from Cuba.

During the public phase of the Crisis, tensions began to build on both sides. Kennedy
eventually ordered low-level reconnaissance missions once every two hours. On the 25th
Kennedy pulled the quarantine line back and raised military readiness to DEFCON 2. Then on
the 26th EX-COMM heard from Khrushchev in an impassioned letter. He proposed removing
Soviet missiles and personnel if the U.S. would guarantee not to invade Cuba. October 27
was the worst day of the crisis. A U-2 was shot down over Cuba and EX-COMM received a
second letter from Khrushchev demanding the removal of U.S. missiles in Turkey in exchange
for Soviet missiles in Cuba. Attorney General Robert Kennedy suggested ignoring the second
letter and contacted Soviet Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin to tell him of the U.S. agreement
with the first.

Tensions finally began to ease on October 28 when Khrushchev announced that he would
dismantle the installations and return the missiles to the Soviet Union, expressing his trust
that the United States would not invade Cuba. Further negotiations were held to implement
the October 28 agreement, including a United States demand that Soviet light bombers be
removed from Cuba, and specifying the exact form and conditions of United States
assurances not to invade Cuba.

gregnb
07-10-2002, 11:44 AM
First off, I'm not one to really care about how many journals you open up I mean it's a god damn messageboard.. who f*cking cares. Secondly, I hope your diet this time has real food.. before it looked like you were on some sort of protein shake diet or some sh*t. Lastly, that split is pretty good bro I mean I've been doing it for a while and I've been seeing results. Just hope ya stick with it!

MonStar
07-10-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by gregnb
First off, I'm not one to really care about how many journals you open up I mean it's a god damn messageboard.. who f*cking cares. Secondly, I hope your diet this time has real food.. before it looked like you were on some sort of protein shake diet or some sh*t. Lastly, that split is pretty good bro I mean I've been doing it for a while and I've been seeing results. Just hope ya stick with it!

Great post man!! :D:D

I was waiting for someone to say that. Its a "First off, I'm not one to really care about how many journals you open up I mean it's a god damn messageboard.. who f*cking cares." Haha I love it man! Anyway yeah I am going to definitely try and include some real food in my diet this time around. Last time I f*cked it all up by not eating enough real food.

Too many MRPs and protein shakes and not enough tuna and turkey and classic bodybuilding foods ya know? I drink an MRP first thing in the morning to get all of the vitamins and minerals in my system after a fast during sleep. But other than that I should stick to real food youre right.

Have you started your usnic acid cycle. I have f*cked up my diet too much to see any real results but I am hotter while sleeping especially. And I tend to sweat more while working out. :):)

What do you think about my goals for 2003 man, little high huh? Hehe.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Here is a current picture of myself. A sickening fat photo. Just motivation to stick to this diet and training regimen.

I weighed 213.5 in this picture, it was taken 5 days ago on July 5, 2002.

gregnb
07-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Have you started your usnic acid cycle. I have f*cked up my diet too much to see any real results but I am hotter while sleeping especially. And I tend to sweat more while working out.

Yeah I have.. I woke up today at 5am with my bed sheet totally drenched in sweat.

Eh, setting high goals is good I think because it'll keep ya pushing harder and harder, but then again if you don't reach them you get a little depressed but you just have to deal with it!

MonStar
07-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Yeah I have.. I woke up today at 5am with my bed sheet totally drenched in sweat.

Yeah man I experienced similar side effects. Not that extreme but then again I think youre lighter in bodyweight than I am so that might have something to do with the difference in tolerance levels. Are you taking a total of 500 mg. per day?

Eh, setting high goals is good I think because it'll keep ya pushing harder and harder, but then again if you don't reach them you get a little depressed but you just have to deal with it!

Yeah man setting high goals is great I think too. Everyone says that if I dont reach them Ill be let down but I honestly dont think that rings true at all. I personally dont give a sh*t if I reach them or not. I would love to but I mean theyre so f*cking high it doesnt even matter to me at this point. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I mean I cant imagine doing flyes with 120 lbs. bells even though thats my goal it seems insane. I think I see one guy do presses with 90s and everyone looks at him like hes some strength beast. Then I do flyes with the 85s to make him look stupid. Haha.. little immature but fun. ;);)

MonStar
07-10-2002, 12:04 PM
DAY 1 | 7-10-2002

Comments.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Looking forward to some good results with this new program that I am doing. Its actually not new its more of an old-school classic bodybuilding routine. Every other day, performing a push/pull/legs split. I am looking forward to some nice strength gains though as always. I will probably set some goals for myself for next 5-6 months or so.
Diet.
Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk

Meal 2: 1 can tuna + 1 & 1/2 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 2 slices whole-wheat bread

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech

Meal 4: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk

Meal 5: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 4 slices low-fat cheese + tomato soup + 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: 1 cup skim milk
Pain/Soreness.
Not really sore today, feel okay I guess. Looking forward to a good push workout today. Feel fat but thats nothing new. Started to just get used to the Jenny Craig before picture look. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sleep.
Last night I got 6.5 hours of sleep. Not too much sleep at all. Didnt get to bed until something like 5:00 AM. Had some girlfriend trouble. And I am not sure what is going on with that so my head is all messed up today. :(:(
Supplements.
multi-vitamin/mineral 2x today
1g vitamin C 3x today
400 IU vitamin E 3x today
1 Calcium Complete 3x today
1 Lipodryl 1x today
250 mg. usnic acid 2x today
5cc Liquid Clenbutrx preworkout
1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine before bed
Training. Push.
Flat Barbell Presses:

135 x 6, 185 x 6, 205 x 6, 260 x 5.5 (!), 235 x 7, 210 x 7

Nice sets on the flat bench today. Really really hit my pecs extremely hard and heavy. Started off with 3 warmup sets, 135, 185, and 205. All pretty easy. Not anywhere near failure just getting my body ready for my work sets. Jumped up to 260 lbs. Got 5.5 reps!! This is a new PB for me, only by a 1/2 rep, but still thats an increase. I count everything as an increase even if its something miniscule like that. Next set my pecs were already fatigued. Going to increase to 265 lbs. next week. That should be hard as f*ck. Hit up 235 lbs. for 7. My pecs like I said were beat after the first set. Good set though. Going to increase to 240 lbs. for my 2nd work set next week since I got more than 6 reps. Last set my pecs were just beat up. Got 7 reps again which kind of sucked. Oh well. Since I didnt get 8 I am going to stick with 210 lbs. for my last set.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:

85 x 5, 70 x 5.5, 55 x 8

Good sets of flyes today I think. My pecs were pretty much exausted when it came time for them though. 3 hard working sets of bench wiped my pecs out completely. Hit up 5 reps with the 85s for flyes. This is not a new PB, although it is very good. Nice hard reps. Pretty good ROM I guess. Felt pretty strong with this movement. Thinking today and 120 lbs. flyes seem out of the question. But they maybe attainable though. Anyway good set. going to hit up the 90s next week. :eek::eek: That seems like completely insane 90 lbs. flyes!! Second set I only got 5.5 reps. Pecs were fried and pumped. Going to stay with the 70s next week. Last set I got 8 reps which means Ill increase to the 60s next week. Well see how that goes. Have a feeling that my fly strength is going to plateau soon. 85s felt heavy as f*ck today. Got some stares at the gym when I used the 85s for flyes rather than presses.. ;);)

One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals:

40 x 4.5, 30 x 8, 25 x 10

Good hard sets of side laterals today. Really fried my side delts all the way. Got some good solid reps really putting a lot of effort and focus into all 3 sets. Started off with a 40 lbs. DB. Good slow reps. Trying to feel it completely in my delt and not in my traps at all. Got 4.5 reps so I am going to jump to a 45 lbs. DB next week and see how I do with that. Hopefully Ill be okay. Next set I hit up a 30 lbs. DB. this was pretty tough. Nice lactic acid buildup and good feeling of exaustion in my side delts. Going to jump to a 35 lbs. DB for my second set next week. Last set finished off delts completely with a 25 lbs. DB. Fairly light but good solid reps. Nice and slow. Hitting up a 30 lbs. DB for my final work set next week.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

145 x 6 (!), 130 x 6.5, 115 x 7

Nice sets of skulls today!! Really hit my triceps very very hard with some hard a*s sets. Started off with 145 lbs. which is a sh*tload of weight to use for skulls. Got 6 reps which is a new PB for me. Damn straight baby! Up a rep from the best I have ever done before. Fried triceps all the way. Hitting up 150 lbs. next week. Holy f*ck.. After this first set my triceps were just f*cked. Second set hit up 130 lbs. and only got 6.5 reps. Increasing next week on my second set to 135 lbs. On my last set my triceps were so burnt it was just ridiculous. Going to stick with 115 lbs. on my last work set next week.
Training Length.
Lasted 45 minutes today. Actually shorter than I thought. Took some fairly lengthy rest periods during my bench sets. But for the rest of my workout my rest periods were brief.
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 205.5 lbs. Okay amount today I guess. Felt pretty bad about my weight but honestly I feel like its just fat. I really dont think that I am holding too much water weight, honestly. I want to shoot for around 185-190 lbs. I guess and really really lean. Maybe around 8-10% bodyfat. Just want to harden up my midsection and stay fairly strong. :cool::cool:

Paul Stagg
07-10-2002, 12:11 PM
Achieve those goals, and you will be a big strong boy.

I would do a little more work on push day - inclue an OH press.

Pull day looks good, as does leg day.

You are't fat. Some time paying attention to your diet will take care of the little bit 'o chub.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
Achieve those goals, and you will be a big strong boy.

I would do a little more work on push day - inclue an OH press.

Pull day looks good, as does leg day.

You are't fat. Some time paying attention to your diet will take care of the little bit 'o chub.

Thanks a lot Paul. Didnt expect you to reply here really means a lot. Anytime any of your training gurus respond (you, chris, Belial, Maki, PowerMan, etc.) its always great.

I really really have faith believe it or not that I am going to achieve all of those goals. ;);)

Paul you would do an OH press? I am actually currently experimenting without OH pressing. Only because flat BB presses fry the front delts completey. I mean theyre totally demolished after my sets. Then side-laterals take care of my side-delts so I really dont see a need for another press. I mean honestly two presses for the front delts I personally feel is a bit redundant dont you think?

Thank you for the suggestion though, and if my delt developement slows in any way Ill add an OH press immediately. Again thanks for the reply Paul. You used to be Lemon_Parade over at the MM forums didnt you?

07-10-2002, 12:25 PM
dude those pics aren't bad at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. To me you look pretty thick. There is definately some mass on ya. Just lean up a bit and you'll be looking great.

I think you, along with par deus over-rate frequent refeeds tho. You definately don't need them every 3rd day at your bf.

Check out my new journal too. We're both just starting a new dieting phase. Motivation and consistency is the key.

Paul Stagg
07-10-2002, 12:34 PM
I like doing pressing and pulling in both a vertical and horizontal plane... covers all the bases. It won't be too much for your front delts, and it will help keep your shoulders healthy.

Yes, I was Lemon_Parade. I quit modding over there when they decided to make the site an advertisement for supplements, and was subsequently banned because I had the gall to suggest one could get supplements at a lower price elsewhere.

Sad to see all the mods over there with the ads in their sigs.

HK
07-10-2002, 12:34 PM
:D

MonStar
07-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Avatar
dude those pics aren't bad at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. To me you look pretty thick. There is definately some mass on ya. Just lean up a bit and you'll be looking great.

Thanks man. Yeah I did fatten (thicken) up a bit over the past few months. Not the smartest idea since its summertime. But oh well there isnt much that I can do about it at this point in time. Well see how things go though. Yeah I am going to lean up some and see what happens with my physique.

I think you, along with par deus over-rate frequent refeeds tho. You definately don't need them every 3rd day at your bf.

Check out my new journal too. We're both just starting a new dieting phase. Motivation and consistency is the key.

Yeah man Par Deus does make a huge deal out of refeeds. I think that theyre helpful but theyre not like some huge key to dieting and all that. I was doing them ever other day so now every third day, around twice a week, should be better for fat loss reasons.

Yeah definitely bro Ill be checking out your journal without a doubt. :):)

MonStar
07-10-2002, 12:41 PM
I like doing pressing and pulling in both a vertical and horizontal plane... covers all the bases. It won't be too much for your front delts, and it will help keep your shoulders healthy.

Thats cool Paul. Everyone has a different opinion I guess. Well see what happens. I understand what youre saying about pressing in different planes. If my shoulders like I said dont respond the way that I would like then Ill just add OH pressing thats all. Really not that big of a deal.

Yes, I was Lemon_Parade. I quit modding over there when they decided to make the site an advertisement for supplements, and was subsequently banned because I had the gall to suggest one could get supplements at a lower price elsewhere.

Sad to see all the mods over there with the ads in their sigs.

I never really posted at MM forums but I do rememeber asking you like a trillion questions about ketogenic dieting. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Funny because that was 2-3 years ago. Then I found out about WBB from you because you said it was where you were posting nowm, but I didnt care for WBB at the time. I think I was set on not training my legs etc. and I just got flamed for it again and again. My fault I guess.

Then somehow I found out about Elitefitness and posted over there for a bit. Then finally I came back here to where all the real info is at. :):)

MonStar
07-10-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by HK
:D

:confused::confused:

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Yet you put up a post today at Elite asking for a critique of the new routine you plan on sticking with. Interesting.

Silverback
07-10-2002, 01:54 PM
hey mike, now that you have started this new training split, please stick with it for at least 6-7 weeks, so that you can appreciate the benefits, im not trying to nag you but i want you to succeed because you have got the foundations of a true bodybuilder:)

one thing about your refeeds, what exactly are they and should i be doing it? i eat almost 100% clean except weekends where i have a fair bit of alcohol and high calorie fast food.

Otter
07-10-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by lronMan
This is my final journal here at WBB.

:rolleyes:

HK
07-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I just noticed your squats are now much better than belial's, great job!

You did 425x6 at parallel, and he can only do 405x3 not even parallel.

Good luck with your new program.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by MarshallPenn
Yet you put up a post today at Elite asking for a critique of the new routine you plan on sticking with. Interesting.

Dont worry Marshall, youre going to be in for a rude awakening. I am going to stick to this program a long, long, time. :):)

Just some girl
07-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by HK

I'm replying to this bullsh!t because I doubt Belial is going to worry about correcting the ridiculousness of your statement, but it bothered the hell out of me, so I'm going to.

You need to recheck your information, because its definitely wrong. B is training his squats with a 405 max at the moment because he wants to be positive that he can do a competition legal squat in his sleep. He is a perfectionist when it comes to his passions. That is why he is stressing about hitting parallel.

So of course, forget the fact that he can do a 455 back squat for 7 reps. And forget the fact that he can do 515 for 1.5 reps, hitting a solid parallel. Because obviously that means ****. Obviously, because he has reduced the poundage to focus on a different aspect of the lift, the fact that he can still do it means jack ****. Obviously.

Sorry, maybe this post is an over-reaction, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Big-Ron
hey mike, now that you have started this new training split, please stick with it for at least 6-7 weeks, so that you can appreciate the benefits, im not trying to nag you but i want you to succeed because you have got the foundations of a true bodybuilder:)

F*ck 6-7 weeks man 6-7 months. I have goals set for 2003. I am going to be on this program until, 2003. No questions asked. This is a basic bodybuilding split that I enjoy. It worked before - and it will work again. ;);)

Yeah I know youre not trying to nag, thanks for the support and suggestion.

one thing about your refeeds, what exactly are they and should i be doing it? i eat almost 100% clean except weekends where i have a fair bit of alcohol and high calorie fast food.

I think that youre fine with what youre doing. Refeeds are to stimulate a horomone called leptin. They also help to refill liver and muscle glycogen. To read about leptin visit www.mindandmuscle.net and do a search for leptin. :thumbup::thumbup:

MonStar
07-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Otter
:rolleyes:

Youll be surprised man, trust me.

Alex.V
07-10-2002, 03:51 PM
lol. Don't worry about it, babe. I got nothing to prove to retards.

Oh, and it's a 470 x 7. :) 2" above parallel, I believe. And without being able to evaluate form, I'd be very surprised if anybody here hits true parallel, except the ATF people and the powerlifters.

PowerManDL
07-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Wow, Andrea snapped on dat ass!

MonStar
07-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by HK

Good luck with your new program.

Actually my squat strength isnt even comparable to Belial's. Haha last time I checked he squatted 500+ lbs. for reps going down to parallel. Currently he is working on flexibility and trying to go more for depth than for strength. Its a shame too hehe I like checking his journal seeing him squat 500 something for reps. :eek::eek:

Thanks for the support HK.

Blood&Iron
07-10-2002, 03:53 PM
Read my post in Johnny Vegas' journal...thoughts?

MonStar
07-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Just some girl
I'm replying to this bullsh!t because I doubt Belial is going to worry about correcting the ridiculousness of your statement, but it bothered the hell out of me, so I'm going to.

You need to recheck your information, because its definitely wrong. B is training his squats with a 405 max at the moment because he wants to be positive that he can do a competition legal squat in his sleep. He is a perfectionist when it comes to his passions. That is why he is stressing about hitting parallel.

Yeah dont worry I know how much B squats. Chances are Ill never catch up with him. 500+ lbs. squats. :eek::eek:

So of course, forget the fact that he can do a 455 back squat for 7 reps. And forget the fact that he can do 515 for 1.5 reps, hitting a solid parallel. Because obviously that means ****. Obviously, because he has reduced the poundage to focus on a different aspect of the lift, the fact that he can still do it means jack ****. Obviously.

Sorry, maybe this post is an over-reaction, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Nah its not an overreaction I would be pissed too if someone posted something about my strength that was inaccurate. I mean were all here to get bigger and stronger and when we do get stronger we dont want to be downplayed. ;);)

MonStar
07-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Belial

Oh, and it's a 470 x 7. :) 2" above parallel, I believe. And without being able to evaluate form, I'd be very surprised if anybody here hits true parallel, except the ATF people and the powerlifters.

Haha I wasnt accusing you of not going to parallel or anything even similar. Last time I checked you squatted 515 for 1.5 reps didnt you? I dont think that I go to TRUE parallel either to be honest. I maybe an inch or so above. I know that I go close because when I get to the bottom I feel like I couldnt go any lower if I tried. I usually get my girlfriend to make sure its pretty close to 90 degrees.

I agree that not many people go to true parallel.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Wow, Andrea snapped on dat ass!

LOL thats the truth. Sticking up for her man's lifts hehe thats some funny a*s sh*t. :D:D

Silverback
07-10-2002, 03:58 PM
thanks for the link, its quality, ive printed off some posts and articles so i can read them in my bath, from what i have read sounds positive.

thanks to you and others im learning so much, and this info can only help me progress, im definately getting bigger, just i dont want to rush it and screw things up i.e. injurys, which i suffered ofen from my soccer days. thanks once again.

keep us posted with your routine, you seem to have some sort of appealingness in your attitude which attracts the reader.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron
Read my post in Johnny Vegas' journal...thoughts?

Alright man Ill quote from his journal. :):)

Since discussions of form/ROM crop up so regularly, I think it'd be really interesting--and this is directed at no one in particular--if people would post series of photos of how them performing their exercises(with the weights being posted in the journal). Not as proof of the lift or anything, but because it be interesting to see how one's perception of form and others' perceptions differ(In my case as well). There was an interesting series of photos of Casey Viator--of HIT fame--performing the squat(albeit with very little weight) that was posted on another site and it was fascinating to see how some people thought he was going too low and letting his back round, while others thought the form used was perfect. Just a thought.

Awesome suggestion man. I dont have a scanner or anything like that to do that. Although I would really really like to in a day that the gym isnt busy. I would love to post some pictures of me squatting 400+ lbs. just to show everyone not only my foot stance, but how deep I go in each rep etc.

Same goes for all of the other lifts it would be interesting to see how people's form differed. Good point B&I. Seeing masons' pics of him doing 200 lbs. curls and 250 lbs. skulls is the only thing that really made me believe it.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by HK
Wow faking as a girl to back you up, retard?:rolleyes:

It's his girlfriend man. I dont know where you come off like you know so much bro its really not cool. You claim first that you know Belial's strength and youre way off - then you accuse him of posting as a girl. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Alex.V
07-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by HK
Wow faking as a girl to back you up, retard?:rolleyes:

lmao.

Monstar, I appreciate the backup. I'm going to keep any further conversation on this out of your journal. No need to clutter this up, it's about YOUR training.

Peace. :)

Goin_Big
07-10-2002, 04:03 PM

hey, i'll have you know I hit parallel with my pussy weight!

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:04 PM
thanks for the link, its quality, ive printed off some posts and articles so i can read them in my bath, from what i have read sounds positive.

No problem about the link. Youve read them in the bath? Huh? I am confused man. Why are you reading links in the bath? Or taking a bath for that matter? Most of us take showers I believe..

thanks to you and others im learning so much, and this info can only help me progress, im definately getting bigger, just i dont want to rush it and screw things up i.e. injurys, which i suffered ofen from my soccer days. thanks once again.

Yeah man be careful! The last thing that you want to do is get injured and prevent yourself from training. If I were you I would be sure that my form was perfect, etc. And dont jump too heavy, too soon.

keep us posted with your routine, you seem to have some sort of appealingness in your attitude which attracts the reader.

I will man dont worry. I am going to really really really try and keep this journal up for a long time. Even though not many of you think so.

Goin_Big
07-10-2002, 04:05 PM
oh btw, you don't look bad at all in those pics monstar.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:05 PM
lmao.

Monstar, I appreciate the backup. I'm going to keep any further conversation on this out of your journal. No need to clutter this up, it's about YOUR training.

Peace. :)

Agreed man. Dont worry about it. Okay man and youre right this journal is for my training and diet - anything other than support or simple questions isnt necessary. Its all good though.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Goin_Big
hey, i'll have you know I hit parallel with my pussy weight!

You hit true parallel? Really? That just seems a little odd because I have never seen anyone in the gym go that far down. Seems most guys go around 1-3" above true parallel. Its all good though I personally dont think that a few inches could possible make THAT much of a difference.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:07 PM
oh btw, you don't look bad at all in those pics monstar.

Maybe not bad - just fat and soft and completely disgusting. Haha I cant stand the way that I look in those pics thats why theyre there. For motivational purposes only. Theyre a sickening site if you ask me.

Silverback
07-10-2002, 04:08 PM
don't get me wrong, i don't mind that you change journals i couldn't give a cuf, just as long as you keep your routines posted in dome form or another. top job man, oh yeah i like having baths to relax and unwind

Silverback
07-10-2002, 04:09 PM
sorry some instead of dome

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:10 PM
don't get me wrong, i don't mind that you change journals i couldn't give a cuf, just as long as you keep your routines posted in dome form or another. top job man, oh yeah i like having baths to relax and unwind

Yeah thats cool. It gets kind of annoying when guys flip out just because I start another journal. They couldnt give a f*ck about my results etc. but they just have to make some negative comment. Its a f*cking message boards. Its supposed to have messages and posts and threads. I mean honestly who gives a f*cking horsesh*t about how many journals I start.

Maybe bodybuilding wise its not good because you cant really tell what works and what doesnt but other than that I dont think it should matter to anyone but me. Thats cool about the baths I was just a little confused.

You can just use the EDIT feature in the top right corner of the message you posted.

Goin_Big
07-10-2002, 04:11 PM
ok, now you got me wondering, what's your definition of true parallel?

what are you about 15% in those pics?

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:14 PM
ok, now you got me wondering, what's your definition of true parallel?

what are you about 15% in those pics?

True parallel is just when your legs are all the way down to 90 degrees. I am just saying its pretty close to a*s to the floor squats thats all. Some guys squat and barely move the bar at all, its a shame.

I dont know I would guess 14-18% bodyfat in those pics. Actually I dont know because I think I have about 180 lbs. of LBM I think, I am not sure. And something probably close to 20-25 lbs. of flab. So maybe 13%. But I honestly dont have a clue.

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 04:15 PM

You hit true parallel? Really? That just seems a little odd because I have never seen anyone in the gym go that far down. Seems most guys go around 1-3" above true parallel. Its all good though I personally dont think that a few inches could possible make THAT much of a difference.

NOW you say this. After I've told you a million times that there is no way you are squatting that much weight to parallel!

I made the Elite comment b/c you called all the Elite people stupid and still ask for their advice today!

Also, stop making claims about this being your last journal. You say that every day, and the next you start a new one. Nobody cares. Just go lift!

Goin_Big
07-10-2002, 04:16 PM
ok, what I meant by parallel is that the top of my legs are parallel to the floor.

I dunno how people do ass to floor, it hurts my knees to do that with no weight.

If you can see your gut with a shirt on, you don't look bad ;)

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:25 PM
NOW you say this. After I've told you a million times that there is no way you are squatting that much weight to parallel!

I made the Elite comment b/c you called all the Elite people stupid and still ask for their advice today!

Also, stop making claims about this being your last journal. You say that every day, and the next you start a new one. Nobody cares. Just go lift!

Yeah man its all good dont worry about it Marshall.

I think that there are a few select members over at Elite that have a clue what theyre talking about. But I dont take their advice seriously like I do the advice here at WBB. I may not be squatting 425 to true parallel but Ill tell you something Marshall - I am getting DAMN close!!

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:27 PM
ok, what I meant by parallel is that the top of my legs are parallel to the floor.

I dunno how people do ass to floor, it hurts my knees to do that with no weight.

If you can see your gut with a shirt on, you don't look bad ;)

Yeah exactly what is what I mean by parallel too GB. When your thighs are parallel with the ground. I dont know how many people honestly do ATF squats either. I personally dont see a reason to do them unless you have knee problems. I cant see my gut at all with a shirt on actually - I appear to be pretty lean because the definition in my forearms etc. is okay. But without my shirt its just a disaster. :(:(

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Well, I'm nowhere near close to getting 425. So there! :-)

Goin_Big
07-10-2002, 04:30 PM
heh, we won't even talk about how little weight I'm using currently :D

but at least it's good form.

I just wanted to say that you're already pretty strong, so don't expect any great gains no matter what routine yer following :)

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Well, I'm nowhere near close to getting 425. So there! :-)

Haha just give it time man. Strength will come. You definitely seem to know what youre talking about so I am sure youll be squatting 400+ lbs. in no time. ;);)

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Parallele to me is when your upper leg, not lower, is parallel to the floor. I go below that, and since I have a big ass, this is close to ATF, but not literally ATF. The knee joint angle noticeably breaks 90 degrees though.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:33 PM
heh, we won't even talk about how little weight I'm using currently :D

but at least it's good form.

I just wanted to say that you're already pretty strong, so don't expect any great gains no matter what routine yer following :)

Form is important man - always use your form as a priority over the weight that youre using. Form should always take priority. I dont expect any freaky gains but I do expect to gain. Want to hit 495 lbs. squats by Christmas! :D:D

Haha achieving my goals will be one hell of a Christmas present!!

Goin_Big
07-10-2002, 04:34 PM
good luck

yea, I learned to leave my ego at home about a year ago, and trust me, I learned it the hard way :)

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:34 PM
Parallele to me is when your upper leg, not lower, is parallel to the floor. I go below that, and since I have a big ass, this is close to ATF, but not literally ATF. The knee joint angle noticeably breaks 90 degrees though.

Oh see I use the bottom of my thighs. And I too have a big a*s. Typical squatters butt I guess. My girlfriend likes it so thats a plus for training my legs. You do go pretty low though man damn. Thats impressive.

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 04:35 PM

Haha just give it time man. Strength will come. You definitely seem to know what youre talking about so I am sure youll be squatting 400+ lbs. in no time. ;);)

I don't know man. Squats are a bitch. It's slow going these days, and HST is not WSB, so I'm not exploding in strength on this particular lift this HST cycle. Maybe I will towards the end as usual, who knows. We'll see how my back holds up.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:35 PM
good luck

yea, I learned to leave my ego at home about a year ago, and trust me, I learned it the hard way :)

Thanks for the support. All of us were new to bodybuilding at one time, and most of us learned the hard way too.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:36 PM
I don't know man. Squats are a bitch. It's slow going these days, and HST is not WSB, so I'm not exploding in strength on this particular lift this HST cycle. Maybe I will towards the end as usual, who knows. We'll see how my back holds up.

Good luck Marshall, and stay injury free!! :thumbup::thumbup:

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 04:38 PM

Good luck Marshall, and stay injury free!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, I'm trying. :-)

07-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Ironman, what I meant was your 3rd day refeed is too much I think. Your talking about eating 4000-5000 calories. You are cutting for christ sakes. You aren't even low carbing on your non-refeed days. I think eating 200g carb for two days then refeeding 4000-5000 calories mainly made of carbs will not only refill your glycogen stores, but over-fill them them and lose most of your progress from the previous two days.
I think at your bf%, one refeed a week is more wiser. You'll see your progress two-fold.

MarshallPenn
07-10-2002, 04:41 PM
I also squat with a VERY close stance, which slowly I'm trying to widen, but it just feels weird. And like you said, I don't want to hurt anything. I'm sure if I could get better at squatting wider I could raise my weights substantially.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Ironman, what I meant was your 3rd day refeed is too much I think. Your talking about eating 4000-5000 calories. You are cutting for christ sakes. You aren't even low carbing on your non-refeed days. I think eating 200g carb for two days then refeeding 4000-5000 calories mainly made of carbs will not only refill your glycogen stores, but over-fill them them and lose most of your progress from the previous two days.
I think at your bf%, one refeed a week is more wiser. You'll see your progress two-fold.

Thanks for the post Avatar. I am going to see how things go. I honestly dont think that Ill experience anything too bad with 3rd day refeeds. I mean even with every other day refeeds I was getting okay results. Not as good as I would have liked but still pretty good. I mean not bad by any means.

Well see how things go I guess. I am going to see how my body reacts to 3rd day refeeds. If that doesnt work out I may bump it to 4th or 5th day refeeds. Probably 5th.

Somebody
07-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the above parallel club! :clap:
If form is the first priority, then nobody will need to confess anymore.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:48 PM
I also squat with a VERY close stance, which slowly I'm trying to widen, but it just feels weird. And like you said, I don't want to hurt anything. I'm sure if I could get better at squatting wider I could raise my weights substantially.

Alright man good luck with your squatting. Like I said stay injury free and keep up the HST. It seems to be working out well for you.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Somebody
Welcome to the above parallel club! :clap:
If form is the first priority, then nobody will need to confess anymore.

Okay... Form is priority and I dont think an inch or two would make that much of a difference personally. Its all good though.

Joe Black
07-10-2002, 04:58 PM
somebody... r u hk? if so use the hk account is got banned by accident.

heathj
07-10-2002, 05:25 PM
2" below parallel, parallel and 2" above parallel are all completely different in terms of effort in the lift. Compare 2" above and parallel..it is MUCH harder to hit parallel then to come 2" from it. 2" below is also another story, which may include flexibility also. Monstar, I would suggest going for parallel, you'll notice a big difference in how hard it is.

Alex.V
07-10-2002, 05:35 PM
I suggest you do what's comfortable. Some people simply aren't built to go low. With my structure, for example, it's actually physically uncomfortable, on the joints themselves even, to hit parallel. And I used to be able to do a full split. Something about the lift just doesn't agree with me. If you want to maximize development and stay injury free, go as deep as is comfortable. Just make sure you hit that depth on every single set.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Hulk
somebody... r u hk? if so use the hk account is got banned by accident.

I think that somebody and HK are the same account. Or they just have similar personalities or something because they post a lot a like. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MonStar
07-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by heathj
2" below parallel, parallel and 2" above parallel are all completely different in terms of effort in the lift. Compare 2" above and parallel..it is MUCH harder to hit parallel then to come 2" from it. 2" below is also another story, which may include flexibility also. Monstar, I would suggest going for parallel, you'll notice a big difference in how hard it is.

Yeah I dont know though man. I never really notice much of a difference. When I set the pins to parallel and all the way down as far as I can possible go thats good enough for me. I mean I usually go about an inch or so about the pins. Not much of a difference. Sometimes Ill touch the pins, sometimes I wont. Never notice a difference at all.

When I go all the way down to 90 degrees I feel extreme discomfort in my hip flexors and my entire hip area. A tight feeling or something its very discomforting.

MonStar
07-10-2002, 08:08 PM
I suggest you do what's comfortable. Some people simply aren't built to go low. With my structure, for example, it's actually physically uncomfortable, on the joints themselves even, to hit parallel. And I used to be able to do a full split. Something about the lift just doesn't agree with me. If you want to maximize development and stay injury free, go as deep as is comfortable. Just make sure you hit that depth on every single set.

Yeah I agree B.

What's comfortable is how far doing I am going now. I strive to get pretty damn low on every rep. Even with warmups like 135, 225, and 315 lbs. the weight isnt even challenging so basically I am just going for depth and I dont go lower then than I do with my work sets.

Haha same here B. Thats really funny a few years back I took karate and was able to do a full stradle or whatever. Dont know what the hell happened to that. Not anymore. Totally agreed about staying injury free and going as low as is physically comfortable. Yeah I always go down to the same depth on every single rep of every set. Like I said even with warmups.

PowerManDL
07-10-2002, 08:17 PM
My two cents: I think that for the sheer purpose of developing strength (read, any set over 3 reps), its fine to come shy of parallel. I know personally, I try to hit parallel, competition legal, on the first rep, and after that I just get as low as is comfortable.

In a 6RM, you aren't trying to please any judges, and depth on maxes can be worked on later.

the doc
07-10-2002, 08:41 PM
i agree very much with heath that there is a significant difference in the effort required to achieve or go past parallel. I myself prefer to go as low as i can go, which is roughly when my hams make contact with my calves- probably 2" or more below parallel. If i were training to have the maximum squat weight possible for competition then i would train at parallel. If i were just trying to have the highest squat weight period, I'd perform 1/4 squats :D
It depends on your goals. I am concentrating on form (deep squat) with maximum weight possible)

I must say since i started going as low as i can go my ass size has increased exponentially

MonStar
07-10-2002, 09:36 PM
x

MonStar
07-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by the doc
i agree very much with heath that there is a significant difference in the effort required to achieve or go past parallel. I myself prefer to go as low as i can go, which is roughly when my hams make contact with my calves- probably 2" or more below parallel.

Really doc? I dont see that there is that much of a difference between parallel squats or an inch or two above. I cant really get below parallel just because of my flexibility and my body frame I guess. Dont really understand it at all.

If i were training to have the maximum squat weight possible for competition then i would train at parallel. If i were just trying to have the highest squat weight period, I'd perform 1/4 squats :D
It depends on your goals. I am concentrating on form (deep squat) with maximum weight possible)

I must say since i started going as low as i can go my ass size has increased exponentially

Haha 1/4th squats huh doc? My ROM is really good I think considering how much I am squatting. I mean maybe I should be going down that extra inch but that would make squatting extremely uncomfortable. I am concentrating on a comfortable ROM and obviously using as much weight as possible. Really? Haha maybe I should try that my girlfriend said when it comes to my a*s the bigger the better. Within limits of course.

Marcel
07-11-2002, 02:43 AM
"Don't stop now straight to the top now."

Get your sh*t back together Mike(like when you dropped a sh*tload of fat AND gained strength on NHE) and get it done.

Otter
07-11-2002, 07:19 AM
I dont see that there is that much of a difference between parallel squats or an inch or two above.

Try to take your 425*6 to TRUE parallel and I guarantee you won't get it. That's the difference. Most people's sticking point in the squat comes when they're in the hole (which is that last 2 inches of depth) ... it makes a tremendous difference when you stop short of that sticking point.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Marcel
"Don't stop now straight to the top now."

Get your sh*t back together Mike(like when you dropped a sh*tload of fat AND gained strength on NHE) and get it done.

Yeah I know man I dont know how I had so much dedication then. Not sure what the hell was so much different than it is now. I mean personally I know I think the same way. Then I thought that I was soft and flabby as I do now. Nothing has changed.

Yeah I need to really get back on track.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:11 AM
Try to take your 425*6 to TRUE parallel and I guarantee you won't get it. That's the difference. Most people's sticking point in the squat comes when they're in the hole (which is that last 2 inches of depth) ... it makes a tremendous difference when you stop short of that sticking point.

True parallel hurts my hips and joints too much to comfortably do it. Especially with 425 lbs. I probably wouldnt get it because of the awkwardness and the discomfort - not because I wasnt strong enough. Yeah I dont know Otter youre right about that - most peoples sticking point is without a doubt those last few inches.

Otter
07-11-2002, 09:14 AM
I probably wouldnt get it because of the awkwardness and the discomfort - not because I wasnt strong enough.

This isn't a knock against you, just a seemingly solid constant in weightlifting ... I doubt you are strong enough to get the same weight at a lower depth. Going deep changes the entire groove and focus of the squat ... and makes it much harder.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:16 AM
DAY 2 | 7-11-2002

Comments.
Woke up okay today. Fell asleep with the damn TV on I hate when that sh*t happens I never really sleep as well as I should. F*cking crap pisses me off so much. Anyway I was on HST for a bit and I am totally not used to getting this sore!! My chest and delts and triceps are hurting so much its unreal. :eek::eek:
Diet.
Meal 1: Meso-Tech MRP + 1 cup 2% milk

Meal 2: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 4 slices low-fat cheese + 1 cup skim milk

Meal 3: 3 servings protein + 1 cup skim milk

CHEATED!!... :mad::mad: haha what the f*ck is my problem. I am so f*cking pathetic its just sickening. I cant even deal with how pathetic I am. Oh well there is nothing that I can do now. Its over. I am thinking that this like is REALLY not working out for me. All this refeed sh*t is just making me binge more. Jeez haha I this is a joke.

My leptin probably shot up though, with pizza and candy and soda and all the good stuff. Lol.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest and triceps are KILLING me!! :cry::cry: My front delts are also completely aching holy f*ck. Side delts really arent too bad.
Sleep.
Last night I got 8 hours of sleep. Slept okay I guess. Woke up a little thirsty and maybe a little sweaty too. Nothing thats too big of a deal I dont think.
Supplements.
5g glutamine precardio (1 Lipodryl + 250 mg. usnic acid)
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Lipodryl 1x today
Training. Rest.
N/A.
Training Length.
N/A.
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 203.5 lbs. I am down 2 lbs. from yesterday's weigh in which is pretty good I guess. Probably a little water weight, I am not really sure.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Hmmm, well who's he trying to impress, you, or himself ;)

sorry, dis was for otter.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:19 AM
This isn't a knock against you, just a seemingly solid constant in weightlifting ... I doubt you are strong enough to get the same weight at a lower depth. Going deep changes the entire groove and focus of the squat ... and makes it much harder.

I dont know Otter. I think I might cut my bench presses short of the sticking point too. I lower to bar down to around 1-2" off of my chest. This way I dont bounce the bar off my chest etc. But then again I see a lot of guys get stuck at their chest so I dont really know. I am not sure. I feel like as long as I do whats comfortable and stay injury free than Ill be fine.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:21 AM

sorry, dis was for otter.

Good point GB.

Its not really a "dis" either because honestly I am going down as far is comfortable. I mean maybe I should go an inch or so lower. But I am not going to put myself through discomfort just because that last inch or 2 will make some big difference. I dont believe squats were designed to ache in your hips and joints when you hit rock bottom.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:24 AM
no, by dis I meant this, I was just too lazy too type it, lol

the doc
07-11-2002, 09:26 AM
i must admit that i have been wondering how in the hell you've been squatting that weight... now i see ...
Regardless, I agree with powerman, squat as low as you're comfortable. I mean if you really cant go to parallel then so be it. Go as deep as yo fell comfortable

You know though if i didn't touch my chest on bench press i'd probably be able to move 350+. Just above the chest is the sticking point and the hardest part of the lift.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:26 AM
no, by dis I meant this, I was just too lazy too type it, lol

Oh haha I was like sorry for the "dis," I was just thinking you meant sorry for the insult. Anyway thats okay man dont worry about it.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:28 AM
I've always benched down to my chest, which may be why I don't have a sticking point there. Instead mine's at the top :)

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:29 AM
i must admit that i have been wondering how in the hell you've been squatting that weight... now i see ...
Regardless, I agree with powerman, squat as low as you're comfortable. I mean if you really cant go to parallel then so be it. Go as deep as yo fell comfortable

Agreed man. I mean honestly I warmup with 135 lbs. and go as low and I can really focusing on depth and I still go to the same exact place even when I am going as low as possible. So I think that its just my body frame or my flexibility or something. I am not going to take all of the fun out of squats by dropped that extra inch or 2. I dont know why you guys act like now my squat strength is just a joke Ill have to post some pictures some day because I go a lot deeper than I think you all are imagining.

You know though if i didn't touch my chest on bench press i'd probably be able to move 350+. Just above the chest is the sticking point and the hardest part of the lift.

Really? I dont know I have done bench presses this way for years. Coaches back in highschool made us do them this way. This is how I like it. I cant standing going all the way down to my pecs I feel like it bounces the weight off your chest, etc.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:30 AM
I've always benched down to my chest, which may be why I don't have a sticking point there. Instead mine's at the top :)

Yeah man I see a lot of people with this problem actually. They get 1/2 way to 3 quarters up and they cant lockout at the top of the lift. Its a shame actually. I believe your triceps strength has to do with locking out. I am not sure though.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:32 AM
I think mine's actually my shoulders. I seem to have overcome the problem though, I don't think I have a sticking point except for too much weight any more :)

Can't be my triceps though, they're one of my best muscles. My shoulders are my weakest muscle, which is whey I think it's them.

I've noticed the db bench press seems to help overcome bench problems.

Although I'm also not at the weight ya'll are at.

Otter
07-11-2002, 09:35 AM

I wasn't referring to anyone being impressed. He didn't think there would be much difference in going that last 2 inches to parallel ... I was just pointing out that it's a BIG difference.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:37 AM
the only real difference is it puts more pressure on the glutes and lower back. I know for a fact cuz I've done squats both ways and currently am making sure to go low enough to get the top of my legs to parallel. Now if you're talking about ATF, yes that is a hell of a difference.

Otter
07-11-2002, 09:38 AM
Can't be my triceps though, they're one of my best muscles. My shoulders are my weakest muscle, which is whey I think it's them.

Your triceps are mainly responsible for locking out ... delts are more used at the bottom of the lift. Improve your triceps and I bet your lockouts will improve.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:40 AM
I think mine's actually my shoulders. I seem to have overcome the problem though, I don't think I have a sticking point except for too much weight any more :)

I've noticed the db bench press seems to help overcome bench problems.

Although I'm also not at the weight ya'll are at.

Yeah man everyone's weakpoint is different. I am not sure why mine is. Believe it or not I think my weakpoint is either my pecs or delts. My triceps are pretty strong, but then again so are my delts. So I dont know. My pecs are pretty strong too (85s for flyes) so I am not sure why my bench sucks so much. I mean maybe its not horrible but its not nearly as high as I would like it.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:42 AM
I wasn't referring to anyone being impressed. He didn't think there would be much difference in going that last 2 inches to parallel ... I was just pointing out that it's a BIG difference.

I understand what youre saying Otter. Its a valid point. I just didnt think that an inch or two could make that much of a difference ya know? Well see next time I do squats maybe Ill try and go deeper even though its extremely uncomfortable. Maybe it is a bigger difference than I thought.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:44 AM
don't try to go deeper with the same weight, could end up hurting your back.

try it out with some light weight.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:44 AM
the only real difference is it puts more pressure on the glutes and lower back. I know for a fact cuz I've done squats both ways and currently am making sure to go low enough to get the top of my legs to parallel. Now if you're talking about ATF, yes that is a hell of a difference.

Yeah this is kind of what I am talking about GB. I am NOT going for ATF squats. I couldnt do ATF squats if I tried I mean thats basically impossible for me. Going down to parallel is tough enough let alone anything below parallel. I dont know well see what happens hopefully Ill stay injury free.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:45 AM
Your triceps are mainly responsible for locking out ... delts are more used at the bottom of the lift. Improve your triceps and I bet your lockouts will improve.

Yeah thats what I thought. I guess I need to improve my delts then because bench almost always fails around 6 inches off my chest. Maybe close to halfway through one full rep.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:47 AM
don't try to go deeper with the same weight, could end up hurting your back.

try it out with some light weight.

Of course man. I am going to try it with 135 lbs. when I do my warmups. Even with 135 lbs. my joints and hips ache when I go all the way down to true parallel. Right now I think I go down to when my a*s hits parallel with the floor rather than going down to when your top of thighs are parallel to the ground.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 09:51 AM
we should rename your journal chat room.

ah well, just be careful, you got nothing to prove.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 09:56 AM
we should rename your journal chat room.

ah well, just be careful, you got nothing to prove.

Yeah I know I seem to get a lot of debates started in my journal somehow. I am curious what the training gurus like chris mason, Paul Stagg, and Belial all think about this. I cant imagine me going an inch short of rock bottom parallel making my squat strength completely unimpressive now. I dont know.

MarshallPenn
07-11-2002, 09:59 AM
No one is making fun of your squat strength Mike, I just don't understand what the point is in posting stats on partial ROM lifts.

On a helpful note, I think you might have some form issues with your squats if you find them that uncomfortable to go past 1-2" above parallel for you lower leg. That's pretty far up.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:02 AM
No one is making fun of your squat strength Mike, I just don't understand what the point is in posting stats on partial ROM lifts.

Posting partial ROM lifts? Okay when I ask my girlfriend to make sure I am going down to parallel she said she makes sure my a*s is parallel the ground. I dont believe at all that this is a partial ROM or anything like that. I mean maybe I should go down another inch or so whatever but I am not posting partial ROM lifts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wtih my bench press technique I do lower the bar about inch or so above my chest. This is just to keep tension on my pecs and to prevent me from bouncing the bar off my chest.

On a helpful note, I think you might have some form issues with your squats if you find them that uncomfortable to go past 1-2" above parallel for you lower leg. That's pretty far up.

I dont know maybe. Back when I used to do bodyweight squats during football practice I wouldnt go much further than parallel. I mean its just discomforting, etc. No real reason to.

Paul Stagg
07-11-2002, 10:08 AM
Mike - the inch (and I'd bet it is more than that) can make a huge difference. How much will vary by individual.

Why can't you squat deeper?

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 10:08 AM
I had to widen my stance, really helps with balance and depth.

MarshallPenn
07-11-2002, 10:10 AM
I don't know about the size of your hams/ass, but when my butt is parallel to the ground, my upper leg has still got a ways to go.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:10 AM
Mike - the inch (and I'd bet it is more than that) can make a huge difference. How much will vary by individual.

Why can't you squat deeper?

Yeah I personally dont think its more than an inch or 2 though. I mean my girlfriend says my legs are parallel and shes to the side of me so I dont think that she could be that off. When I squat deeper than that I end up experiencing a lot of discomfort in my hips and joints, etc.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:11 AM
I had to widen my stance, really helps with balance and depth.

My stance is already pretty wide. Definitely wider than regular shoulder width grip at least. I dont know. I used to squat with a parallel stance and then I switched to a very wide stance and now I am somewhere in between.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:12 AM
I don't know about the size of your hams/ass, but when my butt is parallel to the ground, my upper leg is still got a ways to go.

I dont think that there is some drastic difference between my a*s being parallel to the ground vs. the top of my thighs being parallel to the ground. I dont know though it seems like everyone has a different opinion when it comes to this.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 10:12 AM
very wide rules!!!!!

so much better than when I listened to stupid fucks that said I'd hurt my knees if I had them wide...................

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:14 AM
very wide rules!!!!!

so much better than when I listened to stupid fucks that said I'd hurt my knees if I had them wide...................

Yeah I really like a wide stance for squats. That maybe just me though I dont know. Hehe I dont know where the hell you heard that a wide stance would hurt your knees. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Like I said, I stopped listening to other people :)

The same kinda people that told me I should exercise more to lose weight, not eat better........

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Like I said, I stopped listening to other people :)

The same kinda people that told me I should exercise more to lose weight, not eat better........

Dumbest sh*t I ever heard in my life. I used to listen to everything I heard too if the guy was a decent size. And then I realized that the majority of people have no f*cking clue what the hell theyre talking about. Thats what WBB is for.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 10:19 AM
yup, all that cardio.........man do I hate other people now, lol

all that running and all I had to do was eat less, it's sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier

the funniest part is that the closer stance is what caused me to get injured :D

Paul Stagg
07-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Improve your flexibility.

Otter
07-11-2002, 10:21 AM
The wider stance shifts more of the brunt of the lift to the glutes, hips, and hams ... try swiching to a closer stance and I bet you can get deeper. It'll take the pressure off your hips that you seem to have problems with.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Here is a pic of how far I go down. Its practically exactly how far I go down. Very very very close. I am not sure how close it is to parallel but I think its pretty close.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:23 AM
yup, all that cardio.........man do I hate other people now, lol

all that running and all I had to do was eat less, it's sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier

the funniest part is that the closer stance is what caused me to get injured :D

Yeah man dont listen to many people when it comes to bodybuilding and everything like that. Yeah man eating less is a lot easier than cardio and all that f*cking crap. I cant stand any of that bullsh*t. I dont like close stance squats at all.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:24 AM
Improve your flexibility.

I stretch a lot and frequently too. I just think that its my bodyframe or something like that. I dont know. Well see I actually dont have a problem with how I squat at all to be quite honest. It feels right to me.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:26 AM
The wider stance shifts more of the brunt of the lift to the glutes, hips, and hams ... try swiching to a closer stance and I bet you can get deeper. It'll take the pressure off your hips that you seem to have problems with.

Yeah I know I feel it a lot in my glutes and hamstrings along with my quads. I cant even go down at all with a closer stance though not only is my balance horrible but my ROM is completely a joke. Well see what happens I personally enjoy the way I do squats.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:27 AM
wow dude, yer buff :D

No offense GB but please dont crowd up my journal with useless posts. Its one thing to have an intelligent debate but its quite another to just post a few words of nothing at all. Seriously. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MarshallPenn
07-11-2002, 10:33 AM

No offense GB but please dont crowd up my journal with useless posts. Its one thing to have an intelligent debate but its quite another to just post a few words of nothing at all. Seriously. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dude - the guy was making a joke. Jesus. He's seems to be your number one supporter in this whole conversation.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Dude - the guy was making a joke. Jesus. He's seems to be your number one supporter in this whole conversation.

I know that he was making a joke Marshall, I completely understand that. I didnt say he wasnt making a joke or insulting him in anyway. Its just that I am on Page 6 of my journal and its been 2 days now. Its one thing to give support or ask questions or have a debate. But I just dont like posts that have no point etc. I mean honestly I enjoy GB's posts I wasnt saying that at all.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:41 AM
it doesn't matter, I removed the post anyhow, cuz he was right.

Also I'll delete this one in a few :)

Hope I didnt come across as being rude. If I did I didnt mean to at all. Its just that this is not a chat room or anything even similar. Its a journal for my training, diet, etc. I am starting to forget which pages my journal entries are even on. Thats when you know that there is too much clutter ya know?

Alex.V
07-11-2002, 11:34 AM

Yeah I know I feel it a lot in my glutes and hamstrings along with my quads. I cant even go down at all with a closer stance though not only is my balance horrible but my ROM is completely a joke. Well see what happens I personally enjoy the way I do squats.

Man, you know your body best. Don't worry about it, if you're going as deep as you can, with the stance that's most comfortable, then you're doing squats "right". Some people can't do narrow stance. My balance is off, I can't hit depth, and my back rounds. I have to go wider. If you're the same, then that's how you're built. Working on flexibility will help, that's my problem too. If you're happy with how you squat, then keep at it. No, you can't compare a 1-2" above parallel squat to a true parallel. I found this out the very hard way. 1" makes over 100 pounds of difference for me. But, I'd only try for true parallel for competition. Why bottleneck your lift strength? True, to an extent, you should go as deep as possible. But if you can't, you can't. Don't sweat it. Just go squat. :)

MonStar
07-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Man, you know your body best. Don't worry about it, if you're going as deep as you can, with the stance that's most comfortable, then you're doing squats "right". Some people can't do narrow stance. My balance is off, I can't hit depth, and my back rounds. I have to go wider. If you're the same, then that's how you're built. Working on flexibility will help, that's my problem too. If you're happy with how you squat, then keep at it. No, you can't compare a 1-2" above parallel squat to a true parallel. I found this out the very hard way. 1" makes over 100 pounds of difference for me. But, I'd only try for true parallel for competition. Why bottleneck your lift strength? True, to an extent, you should go as deep as possible. But if you can't, you can't. Don't sweat it. Just go squat. :)

Awesome post B. :thumbup::thumbup:

I completely agree with what you said 100%. I am going as deep as is comfortable possible. If I were to force myself to go lower, which I am not, it would make squatting an annoying discomforting lift - especially on my hips and joints. Now dont get my wrong squats are not easy no matter how you do them. But there is no reason you should be aching your joints to hit true parallel.

I think I am completely the same way. That when I use a narrow stance like I said before my balance sucks. I cant get too deep at all either. Its a f*cking shame to be honest. Thats crazy that just one inch can make over 100 lbs. difference. Never would have guessed that. Exactly why squat less forcing myself to go down lower than my body comfortably can?

Somebody
07-11-2002, 11:57 AM
Hey Iron Man, I think maybe you can squat to that depth with only 135lbs like it is in the picture. Moreover, I think you should not ask your gf to judge whether you hit parallel or not. She even says your legs are TOO BIG. ;) Go figure.

By the way, there is really not much point posting stats of your partial lifts. For example, what is the point of posting your partial deadlifts? I consider a BB shrug the last part of the deadlift, so following your logic I should be doing 600+ for 15 reps in "partial deadlifts."

Again, I am not trying to clutter your journal.

Ps. I haven't thought that your squat strength is a joke, but now you remind me. ;) Just kidding. It is amazing that you got 6 pages of journal in 2 days.

the doc
07-11-2002, 11:58 AM

the man knows what he's talking about

gregnb
07-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Ya Belial has some good points. From the first day I started doing squats I figured ATF was the only way they could be done.. kinda worked out for the best because I didn't really have a problem going down that deep and I started with real light weight so I got the form down perfect. I mean I still got pretty low squat weight compared to some people on this board, but going down that extra inch or two will make a world of difference. Some people can go deeper, but they don't wanna check their ego's at the door (not saying this is you of course).

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Hey Iron Man, I think maybe you can squat to that depth with only 135lbs like it is in the picture. Moreover, I think you should not ask your gf to judge whether you hit parallel or not. She even says your legs are TOO BIG. ;) Go figure.

Well, even a 45 degree squat is gonna work his quads hardcore, shoot the higher up he stops the more it will work his quads. So, if his gf were trying to sabotage him she'd be stupid cuz his legs would still grow :)

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:06 PM

The depth in the picture is pretty much the depth that I use. Almost identical to the depth that I use. My girlfriend always tells me exactly how far down I am going. She never once said that my legs are too big at all she said that huge legs like the guys in the bodybuilding magazines are disgusting thats all.

By the way, there is really not much point posting stats of your partial lifts. For example, what is the point of posting your partial deadlifts? I consider a BB shrug the last part of the deadlift, so following your logic I should be doing 600+ for 15 reps in "partial deadlifts."

None of my lifts are "partial" except for partial deadlifts. With partial deads I do them partially on purpose to drop my legs out of the lift. Partial deadlifts are FAR from BB shrugs. Very very very far from. Following my logic I should be doing 600+ lbs. for 15 reps in partial deadlifts? What are you talking about? What logic? And how it God's name should I be pulling 600 for 15 reps?

Ps. I haven't thought that your squat strength is a joke, but now you remind me. ;) Just kidding. It is amazing that you got 6 pages of journal in 2 days.

Okay.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MarshallPenn
07-11-2002, 12:07 PM
I think his inability to go deep is not from discomfort but from poor form. If you feel like you're going to fall over, that's poor form. Not discomfort.

1-3" above your lower leg being parallel (which is what you've said you're doing) is probably about 10-12" higher than breaking true parallel. That's gonna be one hell of a difference in weight.

Again, do what you like, but the stats are meaningless as comparisons to others. I worry about your knees too, because I'm guessing your putting a good deal of stress on them the way you squat.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:07 PM
the man knows what he's talking about

Totally agreed doc. I take what he, Paul Stagg, and chris mason all say very seriously. Real training gurus. :cool::cool:

MarshallPenn
07-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Did you just say that your girlfriend never said your legs were too big? Am I missing something. Do I need to go start quoting from your other posts???

Mike, I'm worried you may have multiple personalties! :-)

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Ya Belial has some good points. From the first day I started doing squats I figured ATF was the only way they could be done.. kinda worked out for the best because I didn't really have a problem going down that deep and I started with real light weight so I got the form down perfect. I mean I still got pretty low squat weight compared to some people on this board, but going down that extra inch or two will make a world of difference. Some people can go deeper, but they don't wanna check their ego's at the door (not saying this is you of course).

Yeah man B made some excellent points. I have never done ATF squats - nor will I ever. I see nothing good about them at all to say the least. No real reason for doing them or anything like that at all. Yeah I now understand that an extra inch can make a big difference when it comes to poundage. I am going to where my butt is parallel with the ground. This is what I mean by 1-2" above true parallel (when the tops of your thighs are parallel).

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:13 PM
Well, even a 45 degree squat is gonna work his quads hardcore, shoot the higher up he stops the more it will work his quads. So, if his gf were trying to sabotage him she'd be stupid cuz his legs would still grow :)

I have to agree man that even going down to 45 degrees will work you quads. But I am not going for a partial movement when it comes to squats. When it comes to deadlifts I definitely am but not when it comes to squats at all. Haha trust me guys my girlfriend is NOT trying to sabotage me or my squats or how far I go down, at all.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:35 PM
I think his inability to go deep is not from discomfort but from poor form. If you feel like you're going to fall over, that's poor form. Not discomfort.

1-3" above your lower leg being parallel (which is what you've said you're doing) is probably about 10-12" higher than breaking true parallel. That's gonna be one hell of a difference in weight.

Again, do what you like, but the stats are meaningless as comparisons to others. I worry about your knees too, because I'm guessing your putting a good deal of stress on them the way you squat.

My inability to go deep is just my body frame I think Marshall. I mean its just extremely uncomfortable and I know that I am not that inflexible. I dont feel like I going to fall over. When I use a narrow stance though - I just feel like my feet are too close together and my balance sucks. I am going to PARALLEL with my a*s, just not the top of my thighs thats all.

And my squats are not meaningless in comparison to others. I dont believe that for a minute. If you can squat 425 for 6 with your a*s parallel to the floor then you can let me know. Belial said himself that he doesnt reach true parallel. So youre going to tell me that his 515 x 1.5 reps doesnt account for anything? Hell yeah it does.

Oh, and it's a 470 x 7. 2" above parallel, I believe. And without being able to evaluate form, I'd be very surprised if anybody here hits true parallel, except the ATF people and the powerlifters.

470 for 7 f*cking reps and inch or two above parallel definitely means a lot Marshall - obviously youre confused.

Somebody
07-11-2002, 12:35 PM
You haven't forgot you posted a rather useless post about building smaller legs, have you? The post caused all kinds of flaming and was deleted. You even bragged that your gf says your legs are TOO BIG, when it is measly 24.75 inches with a significant amount of body fat.

By the way, I am saying "I" (not you) should be doing 600+ "partial deadlifts" using your "partial lifts logic." Read it again ok?

I suggest you start a new journal grouping all debates about you, titled "Ironman's FINAL Debate." :rolleyes:

Somebody
07-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Paul already told you your "1 or 2 inches" should be much more in reality. You said you trust his words, right?

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Did you just say that your girlfriend never said your legs were too big? Am I missing something. Do I need to go start quoting from your other posts???

Mike, I'm worried you may have multiple personalties! :-)

Haha youre obviously confused yet again Marshall. I never once said that my girlfriend said that my legs were too big. I said that she said if they got bigger they would be too big thats all. I personally dont want 30" thighs at all. Theyre almost 25" now and I wouldnt want them to surpass 27.5" at the MOST! I am afraid your memory is just bad Marshall, I dont have multiple personalities.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:43 PM
You haven't forgot you posted a rather useless post about building smaller legs, have you? The post caused all kinds of flaming and was deleted. You even bragged that your gf says your legs are TOO BIG, when it is measly 24.75 inches with a significant amount of body fat.

Okay Somebody lets go over this again. The thread that I posted was about not growing huge thighs. Theyre not attractive to me at all. If a guy has 30" quads that means absolutely nothing to me, nor does it look appealing. I wouldnt want my thighs much bigger - nor would my girlfriend. My girlfriend said IF my legs got bigger they would be too big. Pay attention next time I post.

By the way, I am saying "I" (not you) should be doing 600+ "partial deadlifts" using your "partial lifts logic." Read it again ok?

I suggest you start a new journal grouping all debates about you, titled "Ironman's FINAL Debate." :rolleyes:

I am sure you wouldnt be able to do 600 lbs. partial deadlifts for 15 reps. I am also sure you wouldnt be able to pull 600 lbs. for a few reps. If you can I am sure you use straps or some soft of lifting aid. Please dont give yourself more credit than you deserve and keep your ridiculous posts out my journal Somebody / HK.

Thank you for your suggestion even though it was probably the worst suggestion I have ever gotten.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Paul already told you your "1 or 2 inches" should be much more in reality. You said you trust his words, right?

I trust what Paul says obviously but I he is not there at the gym when I am doing squats. He is just posting based on the information that I have given.

Otter
07-11-2002, 12:46 PM
that his 515 x 1.5 reps doesnt account for anything?

470 for 7 f*cking reps and inch or two above parallel definitely means a lot

I agree, B is one strong dude, but by his own admission, if he had to hit parallel, he'd lose 100 pounds on his squat. That means approx. 415*2 and 370*7 .... still impressive, but it shows the huge difference that going to true parallel can create.

I was still debating the huge difference in weight when going parallel and above parallel .... what happened to the friendly jabbing?

You aren't competing, so there no need to hit a legal depth. Do what you like, do what feels right, and lift, that's all you can do.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:50 PM
I agree, B is one strong dude, but by his own admission, if he had to hit parallel, he'd lose 100 pounds on his squat. That means approx. 415*2 and 370*7 .... still impressive, but it shows the huge difference that going to true parallel can create.

I was still debating the huge difference in weight when going parallel and above parallel .... what happened to the friendly jabbing?

You aren't competing, so there no need to hit a legal depth. Do what you like, do what feels right, and lift, that's all you can do.

Nice post Otter. Belial is a strong guy and I definitely think that his 515 x 1.5 reps is extremely impressive. Whether its down to a full 90 degrees or not 515 for 1.5 reps is awesome. I mean theres no question about that at all. Its still hard to believe that an inch or two would lose a 100 lbs. but I guess thats true. I feel like I could squat more than 315 for 6 even if I went all the way down to the uncomfortable level.

I agree that I am not competing in powerlifting, nor will I ever, so whether I go down to true parallel or an inch or two above it really does not matter at all. It is still impressive - regardless of what some people here @ WBB think.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 12:54 PM
......when was the last time you watched him squat somebody?

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Following your "logic", I can also say I am sure you can't squat 425 for 6 reps 2 inches above parallel. I agree that you don't have split personalities, you are just dumb. We are here trying to help you out, but it seems you are too defending.

"Again..." Somebody / HK:

Please stop posting in my journal. I do not care for your posts at all, nor do I feel that you have any idea at all what youre talking about. I am not going to resort to name calling like, "you are just dumb."

And yes I can squat 425 for 6 reps around an inch or two above where the tops of my thighs are parallel to the floor. Or when my a*s is truly parallel to the floor. And "we" are not trying to do anything. Just please refrain from posting in my journal. Thank you.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 12:57 PM
......when was the last time you watched him squat somebody?

If I were you I would just disregard everything that Somebody / HK is posting. I am going to PM Hulk and ask him to delete all of Somebody's posts in my journal. I feel that they were all just ridiculous comments making no sense at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MarshallPenn
07-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Mike, what I hear is lot's of ego in your posts. Who cares if you can only squat 135lbs, I don't.

I'm concerned that your form needs some work. If you're happy with the size of your legs, and think I'm full of it. Fine.

Why do you care so much about strength?

MonStar
07-11-2002, 01:32 PM
Mike, what I hear is lot's of ego in your posts. Who cares if you can only squat 135lbs, I don't.

I'm concerned that your form needs some work. If you're happy with the size of your legs, and think I'm full of it. Fine.

I dont know man sorry if I got kind of agitated in some of my previous posts. No one cares how much I squat, except for me. It means a lot to me because bodybuilding is one of my extreme passions in life. My strength is part of bodybuilding. When you all try and downplay my strength not only does it piss me off its very insulting.

I will work on my form and maybe try a more narrow stance. But squatting the way that I am is not only comfortable - it seems to be working well. :):)

Johnny Vegas
07-11-2002, 01:34 PM
IronMan, keep in mind man, bodybuilding is fun. Don't let people on the internet, or any people, take away from your enjoyment of working out. If you want to squat less than 3 inches, then squat like that. If you want to go two feet below parallel, then squat like that. Nobody here with any class will criticize you for anything. (Except maybe starting a lot of journals, but even then, who cares?) :)

Just have fun man, and the rest is all gravy.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Vegas
IronMan, keep in mind man, bodybuilding is fun. Don't let people on the internet, or any people, take away from your enjoyment of working out. If you want to squat less than 3 inches, then squat like that. If you want to go two feet below parallel, then squat like that. Nobody here with any class will criticize you for anything. (Except maybe starting a lot of journals, but even then, who cares?) :)

Just have fun man, and the rest is all gravy.

Nice post JV! :D:D

Bodybuilding is extremely fun. Every aspect of bodybuilding is fun. Training is fun, the results from dieting are fun. I dont think that anyone on the computer or anywhere for that matter will ever take the fun out of bodybuilding. Personally I dont care what anyone else says. It just gets annoying when people like Somebody / HK are like "I bet you cant squat 425 for 6 going an inch above parallel." Bla bla bla.

Yeah exactly man support is one thing, criticism is another.

CBates
07-11-2002, 01:48 PM

I agree 100% here, you've been checking out my journal Mike and you've noticed my p*ssy weight I use, but if I got to the gym I'm a hell of a lot bigger than most the guys there that's using a lot more weight than I am, only they are doing it with terrible form.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by CBates
I agree 100% here, you've been checking out my journal Mike and you've noticed my p*ssy weight I use, but if I got to the gym I'm a hell of a lot bigger than most the guys there that's using a lot more weight than I am, only they are doing it with terrible form.

First of all CBates, youre not using any kind of p*ssy weight at all, far from it. Second of all thats always the case. Most guys use too much weight than they can handle. Thats their problem not mine though. I mean I use weights that I feel comfortable using. If I thought that I was going too heavy I would lower my weights - obviously.

heathj
07-11-2002, 02:09 PM
He's just saying that it's more important to use less weight and perfect form, other then more weight and less then perfect form.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by heathj
He's just saying that it's more important to use less weight and perfect form, other then more weight and less then perfect form.

And I totally agree with that. Except for partial deadlifts - when it comes to them I personally feel like theyre better for bodybuilding purposes than conventional full ROM deadlifts. They take your legs almost completely out of the lift so all of the stress is on your lower back and traps which is exactly what I want.

But in general good form should always take precedence over heavy poundages.

CBates
07-11-2002, 02:29 PM

First of all CBates, youre not using any kind of p*ssy weight at all, far from it. Second of all thats always the case. Most guys use too much weight than they can handle. Thats their problem not mine though. I mean I use weights that I feel comfortable using. If I thought that I was going too heavy I would lower my weights - obviously.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like you weren't using perfect form, I was just making a reference to what MP said about using perfect form and don't worry about adding up the poundage to sacrifice good form.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by CBates
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like you weren't using perfect form, I was just making a reference to what MP said about using perfect form and don't worry about adding up the poundage to sacrifice good form.

No need to apologize man. :):)

Were all on the same team here. Anyway like I said earlier you lifts are not by any means weak. If I remember correctly your flat bench and flat fly strength blow mine away. And I agree that form is more important than weight.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Wanted to upload this pic of Incline Underhand Lever Rows so all you guys know what I am talking about. I do them with an underhand grip.

Silverback
07-11-2002, 02:53 PM
that bench looks quality, never seen one b4, do they have them in most gyms in the usa?

My feeling on strength is that it is overated in bodybuilding, alright high strength creates bigger muscles on the contrary. But for hypertrophy you need to concentrate on rep/set ranges and the vital role of the diet, progression is more of a pivotal figurehead.

Don't get me wrong im not disrespecting strength, because i think its awsome, but there are other factors.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 10:56 PM
that bench looks quality, never seen one b4, do they have them in most gyms in the usa?

My feeling on strength is that it is overated in bodybuilding, alright high strength creates bigger muscles on the contrary. But for hypertrophy you need to concentrate on rep/set ranges and the vital role of the diet, progression is more of a pivotal figurehead.

Don't get me wrong im not disrespecting strength, because i think its awsome, but there are other factors.

I joined the YMCA a few months back and they had it there so I dont know man. I dont think strength is overrated in bodybuilding at all. Yeah I know hypertrophy can happen by other means - not just increasing your workload. Although that is one of the ways to hypertrophy. Progression is key though BR, but youre right there are other factors. :):)

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:01 PM
how the hell did you get 166 posts to your journal in a day? :scratch:

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 11:03 PM
that was my fault, 90 of'em are prolly mine.

btw, these row thingies, they work your lats good?

MonStar
07-11-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
how the hell did you get 166 posts to your journal in a day? :scratch:

Haha hell if I know!! I dont know how my journal has become so popular. I dont mind if its knowledge thats posted here but if its worthless crap like the stuff that Somebody / HK was posting then I dont care for it at all. Debates are one thing, support is one thing, questions / comments are one thing, but stuff like "you probably cant even lift how much you say you do!" is just completely ridiculous.

Anyway I am thinking about giving carb cyling a shot. Maybe something like:

Day 1: 100-125g carbs (around ~2000 calories)
Day 2: 250-300g carbs (around ~2500 calories)
Day 3: 400-450g carbs (around ~3000 calories)

What do you think about this?

MonStar
07-11-2002, 11:27 PM
that was my fault, 90 of'em are prolly mine.

btw, these row thingies, they work your lats good?

Hell yeah man. And dont worry about the posts. I enjoy 99% of your posts as long as their not stuff like HK / Somebody was posting. Anyway bro yeah those "row thingies" haha work great. ;);)

Really good movement for hammering your lats hard. As you can see I really cant move much weight on them at all. If I hit 300 for 4 reps by 2003 that will be impressive.

Tryska
07-11-2002, 11:27 PM
i don't really have any thoughts on it to be honest. I've enver carb-cycled on purpose before so i can't say anything based on experience. sorry about that.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 11:30 PM
lol, I just looked at the picture of the thing.

I've used it a few times, but I still just prefer barbell rows.

Nothing against it at all, I think it's a very good machine, but I love free weights above all else. It's more of a preference thing.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
i don't really have any thoughts on it to be honest. I've enver carb-cycled on purpose before so i can't say anything based on experience. sorry about that.

Dont worry about it. Thats okay. I was just wondering I thought you had tried it before my fault. I am pretty sure that BigChaseyChase used it to get into contest condition.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 11:32 PM
lol, I just looked at the picture of the thing.

I've used it a few times, but I still just prefer barbell rows.

Nothing against it at all, I think it's a very good machine, but I love free weights above all else. It's more of a preference thing.

Did you try an underhand grip GB? Really arching your back hard sticking your chest out and pulling your elbows as far back as possible. Thats what makes them blow barbell rows away in my eyes. Just my personal opinion though. Eliminate weak links like lower back stress etc.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 11:35 PM
as a matter of fact, yer right, I never did try an underhand grip.

I did them while at college, only place I've seen one of those.

Maybe I'll give it a try next year. heh, I guess next year is only 5 weeks away for school :)

MonStar
07-11-2002, 11:38 PM
as a matter of fact, yer right, I never did try an underhand grip.

I did them while at college, only place I've seen one of those.

Maybe I'll give it a try next year. heh, I guess next year is only 5 weeks away for school :)

Not to get off of bodybuilding for more than a few posts but how do you like college? I am starting this Fall and I really dont know what to think. Is it a lot different than highschool? Is the first year tough? Etc. Any advice.

Goin_Big
07-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Do your homework, listen in class, and you'll do ACE.

Partying is a weekend thing, remember that, monday is not the weekend :D

If you just listen in class and do your assignments you'll do great.

Things are different, and yet somewhat the same. A lot of people are still stuck in HS mode, but a lot of people are also adults now. I'm sure you'll make friends as long as you don't try to be mr. cool, just be yerself and have fun.

again, partying is a weekend thing, WEEKEND. :D

oh yea, and everywhere you look you will see a hot girl.

sorry girls, but it's true.

yea, my fraternities thing shoulda been in here, i'm tired......

fraternities are evil, THEY ARE HIGHSCHOOL :)

you pay them, they're your friends, you drop out, they're your worst enemies.

on that note, i'm tired, g'nite.

MonStar
07-11-2002, 11:47 PM
Do your homework, listen in class, and you'll do ACE.

Partying is a weekend thing, remember that, monday is not the weekend :D

If you just listen in class and do your assignments you'll do great.

Things are different, and yet somewhat the same. A lot of people are still stuck in HS mode, but a lot of people are also adults now. I'm sure you'll make friends as long as you don't try to be mr. cool, just be yerself and have fun.

again, partying is a weekend thing, WEEKEND. :D

oh yea, and everywhere you look you will see a hot girl.

sorry girls, but it's true.

Okay GB thanks a lot for the info man. Yeah thats pretty much what I thought. Pay attention in class and do the work huh? I am not into partying, never have been so I am not going to concern myself with that. I dont think I was ever in HS mode to begin with so its all good. I am not really interested in making friends either just there to get it done with - and work part time - and continue lifting hard. What you said about hot girls - that really isnt important to me at all either because I have a very serious relationship with my girlfriend. Shes hot enough for the both of us. Shell be attending with me too. :angel::angel:

PowerManDL
07-11-2002, 11:51 PM
The most important thing is to actually *go* to class.......I forgot that part half the time.

Oh, and your girl? Unless you're a damn weirdo, you'll most likely break up with her before the second semester. That's just how college goes.

Then again........

Unless you're a damn weirdo

.....I guess I answered my own question.........

LOL

MonStar
07-12-2002, 12:01 AM
The most important thing is to actually *go* to class.......I forgot that part half the time.

Oh, and your girl? Unless you're a damn weirdo, you'll most likely break up with her before the second semester. That's just how college goes.

Then again........

.....I guess I answered my own question.........

LOL

Yeah going to class does seem like its rather important. I hope to take exercise physiology or something along those lines. I have to take my placement test soon actually. I must be a damn wierdo then man because I can guarantee that I will *not* break up with my girlfriend the entire time I am in college.

I know that many of you may have doubts. But me and her get along great we really connect. Shes my little angel. So thats *not* going to be how college goes for me at least.

Mystic Eric
07-12-2002, 12:03 AM
Geeze, so many people talk about not breaking up and etc... but don't be so sure man. Lots of things can go wrong.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
Geeze, so many people talk about not breaking up and etc... but don't be so sure man. Lots of things can go wrong.

Things *can* go wrong, but I am really really confident that they wont. We have been in every kind of fight imaginable. And we know each other so so so well. I mean nothing will happen in college that her and I cant handle, just take my word for it.

Mystic Eric
07-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Ya, what if she gets drunk at a part and gets with another guy's johnson?

PowerManDL
07-12-2002, 12:16 AM
You're also 18 and fresh out of high school.

The *real* world changes a lot of things.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Ya, what if she gets drunk at a part and gets with another guy's johnson?

Well considering the fact that neither of us drink, but have before and it was a mistake. And she wouldnt cheat go to a party without me in a million years, or be all over any guy at all. Trust me man I know her all too well. Anyway back to my journal..

MonStar
07-12-2002, 12:23 AM
You're also 18 and fresh out of high school.

The *real* world changes a lot of things.

Hey maybe but her and I will just adjust and work things out. The *real world* maybe something were not used to. But well simply get used to it and get through everything. Nothing will stop us from getting married and all that. Nothing.

Mystic Eric
07-12-2002, 12:24 AM
Hey ironman/monstar/mike henley/:cool::cool: , just because she doesn't drink now doesn't mean she won't later. People will change because of their environment. If everyone is drinking and partying, she'll soon do it too.

:cool::cool:

MonStar
07-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey ironman/monstar/mike henley/:cool::cool: , just because she doesn't drink now doesn't mean she won't later. People will change because of their environment. If everyone is drinking and partying, she'll soon do it too.

She wont be at a party. If for some strange reason she IS at a party she wont drink. Shes not easily influenced or influenced at all by anyone else. She has a personality unlike a lot of people. She wont change because of her enviroment. Well see man.

PowerManDL
07-12-2002, 12:30 AM
I'm not trying to pour any water on your blanket or anything; I'm just telling you what I've seen happen.

Neil
07-12-2002, 12:30 AM

lol, I've seen that happen to every girl I know.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 12:32 AM
I'm not trying to pour any water on your blanket or anything; I'm just telling you what I've seen happen.

Oh I know man. Trust me I have seen it happen again and again and again with people I know too. Its a shame but hey whatever. It a couple really wanted to be together and stay together etc., than it would happen. And I think that we both want it badly enough.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Neil
lol, I've seen that happen to every girl I know.

Not my girl. Hehe, trust me guys I know her so well its incredible. I can predict her and I understand her. We know how each other think and everything. We have made it through so much. I went through my entire Senior year of highschool and she lived in a different state (around 45 minutes away) and we stayed together no problem. We both want to stay together, so we will.

Goin_Big
07-12-2002, 07:55 AM
The thing is, she's going to the same school as him, which basically kills any chance of some other guy fulking up the relationship. But, I too have seen a 2 year relationship be ended because a friend of mine's girlfriend want to "explore a little, she only has a couple of years left, she needs to try something new." Poor sap is still waitin around, hoping to get her back.

Anyways, hope your right Mike.

Otter
07-12-2002, 08:00 AM
The thing is, she's going to the same school as him

BINGO!! That's the problem. If she's as good looking as he says, dudes will hit on her. I did it, you did it, we've ALL done it ... and we never cared who might have had a boyfriend .. and we never cared if we KNEW she had a boyfriend, we still hit on her. The only thing that comes of that is jealousy ... chicks may do the same to him and she'll get equally jealous.

I hope things work for you and your girl as you say ... but as someone who's been through college already ... you have as much chance of keeping your girl in college as the kid on the baseball team sitting next to you in class has a chance of making it to the majors. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

Best of luck though, if she's the one, you'll know it, and it seems like you do. (As a side note, I knew it too, and broke up with my HS girl of 4 years after 8 months of college :D )

Paul Stagg
07-12-2002, 08:10 AM
Hell - I used to hit on them and they'd dump the boyfriend just for the CHANCE to spend some time with Groovy Pauly. (I always had really good weed.)

:)

I think, Mike, if you guys are right for each other, you'll make it thru school just fine. If you aren't right for each other, hopefully that will surface sooner rather than later... and you'll both be the better for it.

chris mason
07-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Ironman asked me to comment on the issue of his squat depth. Yes, depth makes a difference on poundage used. So, going that extra inch or so would most likely reduce your poundage used, maybe a lot, maybe a little, that depends on you. As B said, it doesn't really matter. Do what you are comfortable with. As to posting poundage for a partial ROM, well I would suggest that anyone who posts partial ROM movements states the style in which they are doing so. In other words, I have posted more than once that I shorten my ROM on skulls by lifting my head a few inches. So, Ironman, you might mention form for the lifts presented.

I think Ironman is a very nice guy, he doesn't misrepresent himself, and he is always complimentary to others, so any perceived misrepresentation on his part was purely unintentional. I do find it curious that quite a few people seem to want to jump on Ironman while they don't seem to get excited at all about some of the pure bullsh!t artists on this site.

Ironman, if you squat as deep as the illustration you posted, you are doing fine.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 10:46 AM
The thing is, she's going to the same school as him, which basically kills any chance of some other guy fulking up the relationship. But, I too have seen a 2 year relationship be ended because a friend of mine's girlfriend want to "explore a little, she only has a couple of years left, she needs to try something new." Poor sap is still waitin around, hoping to get her back.

Anyways, hope your right Mike.

Yeah I dont know man I doubt that were going to break up. And trust me shes definitely not going to leave me some guy at this college. Haha that would be a joke. I dont know though I guess anything can happen - but I highly doubt it.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 10:48 AM
BINGO!! That's the problem. If she's as good looking as he says, dudes will hit on her. I did it, you did it, we've ALL done it ... and we never cared who might have had a boyfriend .. and we never cared if we KNEW she had a boyfriend, we still hit on her. The only thing that comes of that is jealousy ... chicks may do the same to him and she'll get equally jealous.

I hope things work for you and your girl as you say ... but as someone who's been through college already ... you have as much chance of keeping your girl in college as the kid on the baseball team sitting next to you in class has a chance of making it to the majors. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

Best of luck though, if she's the one, you'll know it, and it seems like you do. (As a side note, I knew it too, and broke up with my HS girl of 4 years after 8 months of college :D )

I dont know man we have already dealt with some extreme jealousy issues during highschool. There was a lot of sl*tty girls at my highschool who were, really complementary lets say. It was almost ridiculous. Pretty disgusting girls to be honest. Who knows she gets compliments too though so we have to get past the whole jealousy thing. Compliments really dont mean jack sh*t.

Well see how things go.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 10:49 AM
Hell - I used to hit on them and they'd dump the boyfriend just for the CHANCE to spend some time with Groovy Pauly. (I always had really good weed.)

:)

I think, Mike, if you guys are right for each other, you'll make it thru school just fine. If you aren't right for each other, hopefully that will surface sooner rather than later... and you'll both be the better for it.

Thanks Paul. Yeah but I definitely doubt my girlfriend would leave me for any guy that hit on her. Haha I really really doubt it. Maybe I am a bit too confident but I know that the same isnt true the other way around. Yeah if we really arent right for each other maybe we wont end up together, but I think we are. :D:D

rookiebldr
07-12-2002, 10:49 AM
I've seem to have miss alot in this journal - 8 pages already and will go back to read what some of the fuss was about. However, just want to state, that I concur with Chris' assessment Ironman. Good post Chris.

Goin_Big
07-12-2002, 10:52 AM
we can settle this now, show us pics of your girlfriend and we'll tell you if we'd hit on her :D

MonStar
07-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Ironman asked me to comment on the issue of his squat depth. Yes, depth makes a difference on poundage used. So, going that extra inch or so would most likely reduce your poundage used, maybe a lot, maybe a little, that depends on you. As B said, it doesn't really matter. Do what you are comfortable with. As to posting poundage for a partial ROM, well I would suggest that anyone who posts partial ROM movements states the style in which they are doing so. In other words, I have posted more than once that I shorten my ROM on skulls by lifting my head a few inches. So, Ironman, you might mention form for the lifts presented.

Thanks for the response chris. I agree that the depth of your squat does make a difference in the poundage used. I also agree that it really doesnt matter. And what I am comfortable with is exactly what I have been, and what I will continue doing. Yeah I have always posted either "partial deadlifts" or something like that on partial movements. For example bench I always said I went about an inch above my pecs to prevent myself from bouncing the weight, etc.

I think Ironman is a very nice guy, he doesn't misrepresent himself, and he is always complimentary to others, so any perceived misrepresentation on his part was purely unintentional. I do find it curious that quite a few people seem to want to jump on Ironman while they don't seem to get excited at all about some of the pure bullsh!t artists on this site.

Ironman, if you squat as deep as the illustration you posted, you are doing fine.

Haha you seem to be the only one who actually thinks that actually chris. To be quite honest I think that a lot of the anger towards me may come out of jealousy or something along those lines. I mean personally I look up to guys stronger than me like you and Belial not downplay their strength like - "well thats really not that impressive afterall!"

Hehe all the guys here at WBB seem to have a tendency to jump on me for every little thing. I have never had a problem with the mature guys here like Paul, youself, or Belial - but with a few select members it seems the same thing again and again. There are a lot worse posts and people here at WBB and rarely do 1/2 the total members freak out about them, but they seem to about me. Doesnt make sense does it chris?

I think its kind of the same kind of thing though with how Belial and you both keep journals, and both of you have some incredible poundages - yet he seems to have a billion posts after every workout ya know? Not saying his lifts are more impressive or anything like that its just funny how that works out ya know? I dont understand it. I would think that the really strong guys would get the most support like "holy sh*t nice weight!" In other words I would think you two would get equal support from the guys here at WBB.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
I've seem to have miss alot in this journal - 8 pages already and will go back to read what some of the fuss was about. However, just want to state, that I concur with Chris' assessment Ironman. Good post Chris.

Thanks a lot rookiebldr. Funny how not many other people would concur with it haha. I dont know what it is but guys here @ WBB seem to want to jump on my case about the dumbest f*cking things ever. I never jump on anyone's case about anything. I mean maybe Ill ask why they do something or something along those lines but I rarely post negative comments or insulting kinds of comments I dont think.

Oh well. Stuff like this really doesnt mean jack sh*t to me its just strange to me thats all.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 11:00 AM
we can settle this now, show us pics of your girlfriend and we'll tell you if we'd hit on her :D

I dont have any pictures of my girlfriend on my computer sorry. Even if I did chances are pretty good that I wouldnt put them up. Haha I dont need you guys making some big fuss about her. Shes gorgeous. I know, everyone that sees her knows it too.

Shes a hottie guys... trust me. She has the best personality and body too. Got the whole package.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 11:05 AM
DAY 3 | 7-12-2002

Comments.
Feel pretty good today. Feel very very very fat today though. Holy f*ck do I ever feel fat. I feel like a big blimp blob thats just all jelly rolls and no muscle. My sh*tty back workout really didnt make it any better either. Just something else negative to add.
Diet.
Meal 1: Myoplex MRP

Meal 2: beef jerkey + 1 bag peanuts

Meal 3: Myoplex Low-carb bar

Meal 5: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 6: green salad + 2 tbsp. vinegarette dressing

Meal 7: 2 cans tuna + 2 tbsp. low-fat mayo

Calories were a little low today but oh well. I dont think its that big of a deal at all. Anyway protein was good, fat was good, and carbs were at least under ~125g. Trying to stick to around 100g per day. Damn thats hard to do!!
Pain/Soreness.
Chest and triceps along with my delts are all aching today pretty badly. Bad soreness for some reason. Dropping my carbs really isnt going to help.
Sleep.
Last night I got 8 hours of sleep. Some really really whacked dreams though holy sh*t. Dreams didnt make any sense at all haha.
Supplements.
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Lipodryl 1x today
1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
Training. Pull.
Partial Deadlifts:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 6, 495 x 2, 455 x 3, 405 x 3

Jeez f*cking pathetic sets of partial deadlifts today!! What the f*ck is my godd*mn motherf*cking problem? I am so pissed off at myself its unreal. Warmups were fine whatever not too hard and all that. Jumped up to 495. First I couldnt even get ONE rep. I mean I pulled as hard as could. Then I tried again and only got one rep, couldnt get anymore. Then finally I got real pissed off and got 2. What a f*cking joke!! :mad::mad: Cant believe that sh*t. Dropped 50 lbs. and still only got 3 reps and my grip and lower back were aching like crazy. Just hard a*s sets. Then dropped another 50 lbs. and still only got 3 reps. At this point I was just f*cking flipping the hell out. I couldnt figure out what the f*ck my problem was. But damnit was I pissed off. Going to stick with all of the same weights next week and see how that goes. Better go f*cking well.

Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

+65 x 3.5, +45 x 5.5, +25 x 5.5

Pretty good sets of chins today. Lats were actually beat up a little from the partial deadlifts. I am not sure why. I basically felt the movement in my traps more than anywhere else to be completely honest. Traps and grip. Maybe I am too hard on myself but I was damn pissed when I only got 3.5 reps with +65. Then I remembered that the last time I did them I probably weighed something like 195-199 lbs. not 208 lbs. Thats a shame in itself. Need to drop some of this fat lard on my body!! Anyway next 2 sets were a joke because my lats were f*cking from the first set. Got 5.5 reps with +45 and +25. Which is also not good. Going to stick with all the same f*cking weights next week and hope next week I am not such a p*ssy.

Supported Underhand Rows:

230 x 3.5 (!), 210 x 5.5, 190 x 7.5

New PB for incline rows. Whoopty f*cking doo. Who gives a sh*t about that. Anyway used 230 lbs. which was pretty impressive for me. My lats are this point were completely fried. I mean they were totally burnt along with my grip. Good lat contractions though felt it hard in my upper back. Lats were totally fried though like I said. Anyway dropped to 210 lbs. and got 5.5 reps, joke. Then dropped to 190 lbs. and got 7.5 reps - again a joke. Not going to increase next week at all on any of these poundages.

Standing Barbell Curls:

125 x 3.5, 105 x 5.5

Hard a*s sets of standing barbell curls today. Really hit my biceps very very hard. Used a little bit of a wider grip which really torched my biceps 100%. Got some really really good contractions etc. Nice pump and feeling of exaustion in my biceps. Anyway got 125 for 3.5 reps. Pretty pissed about this since last time I got 4 reps. Not sure what the f*ck my problem was today. Sh*t is really really starting to piss me off though, big time. Dropped to 105 lbs. and got 5.5 reps which was pretty good I guess. I am going to keep both of these weights next week.

Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls:

50 x 6.5

Good set of hammers today really finished off my arms pretty well. Hit my brachialis and brachioradialis hard with this set. Going to increase the 55s next week and see how that goes. These really werent too bad I dont think so that 55s really shouldnt be THAT bad I dont think. Well see. Got 6 full reps which means I am going to increase. Again good set and nice way to finish off my biceps.
Training Length.
Lasted 45 minutes today. Good length I think.
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 208 lbs. Obviously due to the cheating on my diet last night. Haha ask me if I care? :p:p I am not going to get all flipped out everytime I go off. I cheated whoopty f*cking doo. Ill learn from it and move on.

chris mason
07-12-2002, 11:26 AM

I think its kind of the same kind of thing though with how Belial and you both keep journals, and both of you have some incredible poundages - yet he seems to have a billion posts after every workout ya know? Not saying his lifts are more impressive or anything like that its just funny how that works out ya know? I dont understand it. I would think that the really strong guys would get the most support like "holy sh*t nice weight!" In other words I would think you two would get equal support from the guys here at WBB.

I have noticed that as well. It is just a personality thing, just like in face to face social situations. My online personality doesn't come off as well as his, that is all. Don't forget, B is also a lot more of a contempory/peer to people on this site than I am. Most of the members here are not over 30, and don't have a family etc. I am glad he gets his props, he deserves it.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 11:30 AM

I am assuming that youre just agreeing with this chris?

Alex.V
07-12-2002, 11:34 AM
I think more has to do with how sexy I am.

But I digress.

(note: Joke)

I think the fact that my poundages started out fairly weak makes some people feel they could be where I am after not too long, or further. :) You, sir (chris), with your 600+ pound deadlift, are a bit out of most people's leagues. But, I agree with Chris' statement, ironman. You don't misrepresent, and it's hilarious that you give people nothing but support, but they're happy to leap all over you if they spot a "weakness."

You won't necessarily break up with your girl in college. Don't turn into one of the kiddies who does nothing but go out and get blasted every night of the week, and I guarantee you'll get more out of school.

And now back on topic: You noticing any lethargy from the usinic acid?

MonStar
07-12-2002, 11:41 AM
I think more has to do with how sexy I am.

But I digress.

(note: Joke)

I think the fact that my poundages started out fairly weak makes some people feel they could be where I am after not too long, or further. :) You, sir (chris), with your 600+ pound deadlift, are a bit out of most people's leagues. But, I agree with Chris' statement, ironman. You don't misrepresent, and it's hilarious that you give people nothing but support, but they're happy to leap all over you if they spot a "weakness."

Yeah man thats definitely true I didnt even think about that. In your single journal you seem to have gained an INCREDIBLE amount of strength. Truly amazing B. I mean that. Yeah chris does seem to be out of my the majority of people's leagues. Haha 250 lbs. skulls. I doubt Ill ever do that much no matter what.

Yeah man haha I try and support everyone else's intentions etc. but theyre always jumping on my case about every little thing. Haha guess you can never win.

You won't necessarily break up with your girl in college. Don't turn into one of the kiddies who does nothing but go out and get blasted every night of the week, and I guarantee you'll get more out of school.

Yeah I know man. I never really drank, nor will I ever start. I dont care for people who get drunk regularly either. But hey whatever floats your boat. I hope to get a lot out of school. Even though I dont feel like doing highschool all over again..

And now back on topic: You noticing any lethargy from the usinic acid?

Nah man no real side-effects from 500 mg. per day except for increased sweating while I am sleeping. Thats the only noticeable side effect for me. Nothing else at all.

gregnb
07-12-2002, 11:42 AM
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 208 lbs. Obviously due to the cheating on my diet last night. Haha ask me if I care? I am not going to get all flipped out everytime I go off. I cheated whoopty f*cking doo. Ill learn from it and move on.

Damn, it's about damn time! I don't think I could take another post about you degrading yourself! :thumbup:

Oh ya, you should open up a forum or something lol.. it's crazy how many responses you get :D

MonStar
07-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Damn, it's about damn time! I don't think I could take another post about you degrading yourself! :thumbup:

Oh ya, you should open up a forum or something lol.. it's crazy how many responses you get :D

Yeah man I was just like whatever I dont give a sh*t. Anyway what do you think of the carb cycling that I am going to be doing? Haha yeah I do get a lot of responses.. really not sure why to be honest. But Ill be the first to say that theyre far from all positive.

Goin_Big
07-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Does this usnic acid help fat loss, and if so would it be worth taking along with xenadrine, or is that dangerous?

Also, is it hard to get usnic acid?

MonStar
07-12-2002, 11:50 AM
Does this usnic acid help fat loss, and if so would it be worth taking along with xenadrine, or is that dangerous?

Also, is it hard to get usnic acid?

Its tough to get cheap, and it can be dangerous yes. But it does aid in fat loss if your diet is right. And mine obviously has not been alright. But whatever hopefully this time around Ill be okay with the carb cycling bullsh*t. Well see how this works out for me. I am expecting good results with it.

PowerManDL
07-12-2002, 12:03 PM
You don't misrepresent, and it's hilarious that you give people nothing but support, but they're happy to leap all over you if they spot a "weakness."

I know this wasn't (necessarily) directed at me, but as one of the more "renegade" members, I do give you some hell, but thats just because of all the times I had to empty out my PM box when you decided to start your new weekly routine. ;)

Your lifts are coming along quite nicely, and if you're even coming to within an inch or two of parallel with those squats, thats still a great job.

MonStar
07-12-2002, 10:31 PM
I know this wasn't (necessarily) directed at me, but as one of the more "renegade" members, I do give you some hell, but thats just because of all the times I had to empty out my PM box when you decided to start your new weekly routine. ;)

Your lifts are coming along quite nicely, and if you're even coming to within an inch or two of parallel with those squats, thats still a great job.

Nah Matt this wasnt directly towards you but thanks for the response. Yeah I can understand how that would get annoying that completely makes sense to me dont worry about it. Thanks a lot for the compliment about my strength. Appreciate it. By the way Supertraining is an AWESOME read, just into like 5 pages and I love it. :D:D

Dont ask me what happened with my strength today, totally sucked. Working my lats after deadlifts is some hard sh*t.

MonStar
07-13-2002, 10:35 AM
DAY 4 | 7-13-2002

Comments.
Woke up a tad dehydrated today I am not sure why. Lately I havnt been getting up covered in sweat, however, I do wake up really really thirsty. I am not sure what thats all about at all. Really starting to get on my nerves actually.
Diet.
Meal 1: Opti-Pro MRP + 1 cup 2% milk

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 4 slices low-fat cheese + tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 3: 3 servings protein

CHEATED!! :redface::redface:

LOL! I dont know what the f*ck is wrong with me. I am tired of this bullsh*t dieting. Tired of the low-carb crap. Tired of it all. I am just sick of it. I am just going right back to the basics. Right back to the regular clean bodybuilding diet. Lean proteins, complex carbs, etc. None of this refeed binge horesh*t low carbs f*cking d*cksh*t.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I am just done with this all fad dieting crap. The BASICS are always what works. Push/pull/legs split is totally whats worked for ages. And what still works. Nothing more. Basic bodybuilding diets are what works too. Clean foods etc.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest and triceps are still aching badly. Front delts hurt too, along with rear delts. Lats and midback is sore as f*ck, along with my traps, and my spinal erectors, etc.
Sleep.
Last night I got 9 hours of sleep. :D:D Nice amount of sleep last night. Really slept well and didnt have any problems sleeping at all.
Supplements.
5g glutamine precardio (1 Lipodryl + 250 mg. usnic acid)
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Lipodryl 1x today
Training. Rest.
N/A.
Training Length.
N/A.
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 203.5 lbs. I am down a little from yesterday's weigh in I believe. Yeah 4.5 lbs. but I am sure that its mostly water weight. Almost positive that it is actually.

MonStar
07-13-2002, 09:49 PM
I decided to drop the partial deadlifts from my routine for good. I was going to keep them but honestly theyre really not doing me much good I dont think. 48 hours before a leg workout theyre just going to be overtraining my lower back. Replaced them with DB shrugs. Well see how things go. I am sure my traps wont suffer from that.

Everything else is going to stay the same. I wanted to keep a goal for partial deadlifts so I made it good mornings. These supposedly hammer your hamstrings and your lower back 100%. I am going to give them a shot in the gym tomorrow and see how that goes. Wish me luck guys.

I also think its kind of stupid to make goals and sh*t for a partial movement because no one can really compare.

Franco
07-14-2002, 12:54 AM
You asked in Rob's journal about how effective Good am's are... Anyway if performed correctly you will get a carry over into so many different movements, as they will hit the whole of your posterior chain ranging from traps all the way down to calves

MonStar
07-14-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by FAngel
You asked in Rob's journal about how effective Good am's are... Anyway if performed correctly you will get a carry over into so many different movements, as they will hit the whole of your posterior chain ranging from traps all the way down to calves

Really? Wow this is something that I can say that I honestly didnt expect at all. I have never done good mornings before. I am pretty much going to have my feet shoulder width apart, and have my knees a little bit bent. Not bent, just not locked out.

I am going to go as far down as I can while keeping my back arched. Right when I feel like my back is starting to round I am going to switch back to the postive portion of the lift.

I doubt Ill GM much more than 135 or so the first time I ever do it. Even though Belial is over in his journal GMing 315 for 4. :eek::eek:

MonStar
07-14-2002, 01:08 AM
Decided to go back to the basics with both my training and my eating! This should be interesting. Curious to see how this works out for me I havnt really really gone back to the basics in a long long time. I hope that everything works out okay for me.

Wish me luck guys! The basics are what works so I think Ill get good results.

Marcel
07-14-2002, 03:04 AM
Good luck Mike. Just try to keep the binges in order if your still going for fat-loss. I shouldn't be one to talk right now though.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-14-2002, 07:26 AM
Good luck Mike. Just try to keep the binges in order if your still going for fat-loss. I shouldn't be one to talk right now though.

The words "hit", "nail" and "head" spring to mind.

You're right on the moolah, Marcel.

Mike, it's not your training or initial diets that faults you - it's your ******* refeeds.

gregnb
07-14-2002, 07:39 AM
I still think your diet is total sh*t bro. Totally remove the shakes man you don't need them. If you ate real food all the time your cravings wouldn't be as bad. Start throwing in some filling stuff like chicken breasts, fish, some lean meat, etc.. Those shakes HAVE TO GO! (keep them for post-workout!!)

chris mason
07-14-2002, 08:29 AM
Where is the routine you want me to look at?

I agree with everyone else, "refeeding" and all of the other dietary crap that is floating around these days is just that, crap! If you want to lose fat, eat slightly less than you burn with a good mix of proteins, carbs, and fats. If you want to gain size and strength, eat more than you burn. When I was your age I could give a **** what I ate, as long as I ate a lot of it. In the end, it all depends on what you want. If you are natural, and you want maximum size and strength, you need to add some bodyfat. If you want the lean look, then you will not maximize your size and strength, period. Decide what you want, and go for it.

MonStar
07-14-2002, 09:54 AM

Thats okay Marcel.

We all have our ups and downs you can still give me advice even if you dont always practice what you preach. Its all good man thanks for hte support. And yes I am going back to the basics so I am going to eliminte the refeeding crap.

MonStar
07-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
The words "hit", "nail" and "head" spring to mind.

You're right on the moolah, Marcel.

Mike, it's not your training or initial diets that faults you - it's your ******* refeeds.

Thanks for the support Robboe. And yeah the refeeds are going to go and so are the rest of my f*cking fad diets. I dont know if you saw my thread in the training forum but I am going back to the basics 100%. Sticking to clean bodybuilding foods, etc. No more bulls*t at all. Basics with training, basics with diet, and once I run out of supplements basics with supplements.

MonStar
07-14-2002, 09:58 AM
I still think your diet is total sh*t bro. Totally remove the shakes man you don't need them. If you ate real food all the time your cravings wouldn't be as bad. Start throwing in some filling stuff like chicken breasts, fish, some lean meat, etc.. Those shakes HAVE TO GO! (keep them for post-workout!!)

I really am going to eventually try and ONLY take in shakes postworkout but currently I like to take in an MRP right when I get out of bed to get some quality protein and carbs into my system. Youre right though though I definitely need more whole foods.

Thats part of my cravings and binging and all that. I am going to try and go as much back to a basic bodybuilding diet as possible.

MonStar
07-14-2002, 10:01 AM
Where is the routine you want me to look at?

Thats okay man its in the training forum now. So youll probably see it there.

I agree with everyone else, "refeeding" and all of the other dietary crap that is floating around these days is just that, crap! If you want to lose fat, eat slightly less than you burn with a good mix of proteins, carbs, and fats. If you want to gain size and strength, eat more than you burn. When I was your age I could give a **** what I ate, as long as I ate a lot of it. In the end, it all depends on what you want. If you are natural, and you want maximum size and strength, you need to add some bodyfat. If you want the lean look, then you will not maximize your size and strength, period. Decide what you want, and go for it.

Yeah I am done with all that bullsh*t chris its all good. I am done with refeeding and carbing up and all the other f*cking crap that has just causd me to lose control of my nutritional intake alltogether. I am going to eat clean the majority of the time and eat basic bodybuilding foods. Like chicken, lean beef, potatoes, oatmeal, skim milk, etc.

The_Chicken_Daddy
07-14-2002, 11:26 AM
This is great Micky. I seriously hope we've finally gotten through to you.

MonStar
07-14-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
This is great Micky. I seriously hope we've finally gotten through to you.

Yeah man I think that finally, after all this time, I am really starting to understand what you guys have been saying all along. I am still trying to figure out why the hell I tried and tried and tried to find that magic program to get perfect results with.

Thats so unrealistic in reality. But anyway this time around I am going to stick to the basics and I just hope to really get some great results with it. Well see how things go I guess.

Its going to be strange the first week or so not tracking every little thing that I eat and not being so anal about everything ya know?

I am so used to just keeping track and all that stupid a*s bullsh*t that I dont even know how I did to begin with. I am just going to eat clean foods and hopefully me dropping refeeds etc. will help me lose some fat.

MonStar
07-14-2002, 05:56 PM
DAY 5 | 7-14-2002

Comments.
Feel like a g*ddamn dough boy today just full of fat and lard instead of muscle and all that. But oh well. I am not going to let it get me down I have been the result of nothing but fad diets for like a year now so what do you expect? I am getting back onto the true bodybuilding way of life and Ill be happy.

Damn do I feel fat today though!! I mean I know that it was stupid of me to binge and all that but I cant get over how soft and flabby I feel. I am hoping to get down to around 190-195 lbs. and stay there. Hopefully eating clean will allow me to do that. Eating chicken and baked potato is actually really tasty!! :p:p

Made my goal of good mornings 315 for 4. I think that this is in my reach by Christmas. I mean honestly its a big jump 90 lbs. up from what I did today. But I feel that as long as I just work hard and everything like that it will definitely be in my reach. I dont think that any of my goals are set too high for 2003.
Diet.
Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + skim milk

Meal 2: chicken breast + baked potato

Meal 3: peanut butter sandwich + skim milk

Meal 5: 1 apple

Meal 6: oatmeal + skim milk + peanut butter + 1 serving whey protein

No more calorie counting!! :D:D I am so finished with this bullsh*t calorie counting godd*mn mathmatical crap going on with dieting. Eating is eating. No need to track down every little ounce that I put in my mouth. I was getting to the point where I wouldnt even chew gum or eat a breath mint because I didnt want to have to figure that into my daily calories. Such bullsh*t. "Eat and lift." Thats my new philosophy.
Pain/Soreness.
Chest is still aching along with my lats and midback. My rear delts are killing me, and so are my traps. Lower back I feel is a tad tight but some heavy squats should fix that..
Sleep.
Last night I got 8 hours of sleep. Some really really whacked dreams again!! Really really really wierd dreams last night. Haha some crazy a*s sh*t happened.
Supplements.
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Lipodryl 1x today
Training. Legs.
Squats:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 275 x 6, 425 x 6.5 (!), 365 x 7, 315 x 7.5

Awesome sets of squats today!! Really focused on my ROM actually since I had to hear a bunch of f*cking crap from some of you guys for not going down all the way. This basically made my first work set f*cking impossible. Went maybe an inch further down than I normally do with 425 lbs. Anyway nice PB!! Awesome set. Lower back was kinda sore from my back day with partial deadlifts so this f*cked me up. Big time. My lower back got totally f*cking flamed. I mean big time from my squats today. Anyway jumping to 435 lbs. next week no doubt. Dropped to 365 but at this point my legs were so f*cking exausted it was just unbelievable. My lower back and my glutes and quads were f*cking dead. Going to increase to 375 lbs. for my second set next week. See how that goes. Last set I used 315 lbs. and my lower body was just fried. Got 7.5 reps. Not to failure. Sticking with 315 lbs. for next week. Good sets of squats!

Leg Presses:

680 x 5.5, 640 x 6, 590 x 7.5

Hard sets of leg presses today holy f*ck. After my squats my lower body was completely just exausted. I mean totally totally totally exausted. These sets I was more or less just going through the motions. Started off with 680 lbs. Actually wasnt THAT bad my legs were just trembling. Got 5.5 reps. Good set. Going to increase to 690 next week see how that goes. Second set I used 640 lbs. and got 6 reps. Hard a*s set really hammering my lower body. Going to increase to 650 lbs. for my second work set next week. Finally my last set of leg presses I used 590 lbs. and got 7.5 reps. Since I didnt get 8, I am going to stick with that weight for next week and see how that goes. Hopefully everything with that will be okay. Nice sets.

Good Mornings:

225 x 4.5 (!), 205 x 5.5, 185 x 8

Wow what a GREAT hamstring and lower back exercise!! :thumbup::thumbup: I highly recommend good mornings for anyone who wants to hammer their hams. Nice sets. I really didnt know what kind of poundage to go with to be honest. Started off with 135 lbs. which was a total joke so immediately I jumped to 225 and used that for my first work set. Got 4.5 reps. Going to increase to 235 lbs. next week. I definitely feel strong in this exercise. Hit my hamstrings and my lower back hard with some heavy weight. Dropped to 205 lbs. and got 5. reps. Good set. Then finally dropped to 185 lbs. and got 8 reps. Next week for my final work set I am going to use 195 lbs.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises:

290 x 15, 290 x 12, 290 x 12

Some hard sets of calf raises today. Really hit my calves hard with some heavy weight and some good slow sets. Nice contractions in my calves and good overall feeling of exaustion in my lower legs after my sets of calf raises. Good lactic acid buildup, etc. Kept the same weight throughout and really hit my calves well. Going to stick with 290 lbs. until I get 3 sets of 15 reps, then Ill increase.

Machine Crunches:

150 x 15, 150 x 15, 150 x 12

Nice way to finish off my workout today!! Really hit my abs hard with some machine crunches. Got some good ab contractions. Felt heavy actually maybe because my abs were used as a stabilizer muscle group in both good mornings and in squats. Anyway like I said with calf raises I am going to stick with this weight until I get 3 sets of 15 reps, then I will increase. Well see how things go though. I feel pretty good about my abs right now strength wise. Visually obviously theyre basically non-existant. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Training Length.
Lasted 50 minutes today. Little long pretty much because I took some lengthy rest periods during my squats.
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 208.5 lbs. Hehe due to my stupid binge session last night on pizza and chicken fried rice. Its just such a damn shame to be completely honest. Really sickening to say the least. Oh well I am back to the basics now so its all good. Back to what works is what I should say.

Johnny Vegas
07-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Strength is impressive. It's good you're not focusing on negative things. Focus on your strength and you'll always be pleased. You're doing great.

MonStar
07-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Strength is impressive. It's good you're not focusing on negative things. Focus on your strength and you'll always be pleased. You're doing great.

Thanks for the post JV. Really really appreciate your support and kind words. Youre definitely always a positive. Yeah my strength gains have been pretty decent lately. I am hitting up chest and triceps tomorrow. I am curious to see how my body handles that. I am going to try and tackle the 90 lbs. DBs for flyes. Not too sure though how I am going to handle them. 85s were heavy as f*ck.

Well see. Again thanks for the support. :thumbup::thumbup:

MonStar
07-15-2002, 10:46 PM
DAY 6 | 7-15-2002

Comments.
Feel pretty good today I guess. Went swimming tonight with my girlfriend in our clothes pretty much. And let me tell you she gives a whole new meaning to the term "wet t-shirt" haha. Shes so f*cking sexy I cant even deal with looking at her for more than a couple seconds at a time.
Diet.
Meal 1: oatmeal + skim milk + peanut butter + 1 serving whey protein

Meal 2: tuna + whole-wheat bread + 1 apple

Meal 3: peanuts + skim milk

Meal 4: grilled chicken breast + veggies

Meal 5: whole-wheat pasta + Ragu sauce + ground beef + skim milk
Pain/Soreness.
Legs are aching pretty badly along with my lower back. My calves are also hurting pretty badly. Oh well. I dont mind DOMS at all I actually like it.
Sleep.
Last night I got 6 hours of sleep. :mad::mad: But then I fell back asleep for 1 hour so 7 hours really isnt too bad I dont think.
Supplements.
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Lipodryl 2x today
Training. Rest.
N/A.
Training Length.
N/A.
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 204.5 lbs. I dont think that this was too big of a deal actually. I mean I am down from yesterday. And I have eliminated counting calories and all that sh*t so this is a good thing. :):)

MonStar
07-17-2002, 12:01 AM
DAY 7 | 7-16-2002

Comments.
Really looking forward to my workout today. Hope to set a few new PBs today especially in flat BB press, flyes, and skulls. Well see how things go but I feel pretty good today so far that shouldnt be much of a problem. I am not jumping up in weight TOO much I dont think.

Actually felt EXTREMELY soft and flabby towards the end of the night tonight. I am really not sure why. Really bothered me actually. Made me want to get all anal and start counting calories again. But then I thought about and realized thats a total pain in the a*s.
Diet.

Meal 2: whole-wheat pasta + Ragu sauce + ground beef + skim milk

Meal 4: chicken breast + veggies

Meal 5: 1 quart skim milk + 1 apple

Meal 6: 1 bag peanuts

Meal 7: peanut butter + whole-wheat bread + skim milk
Pain/Soreness.
Legs are really killing me. Quads, hamstrings, lower back, calves, etc. Damn my whole lower body is pretty much f*cked from my leg workout. Squat always produce insane DOMS for me, not sure why.
Sleep.
Last night I got 8 hours of sleep. Slept pretty well for the most part I guess. Had some whacky dreams as usual.
Supplements.
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Adrenalin 1x today

Switched back over from Lipodryl which is an ephedrine hcl based product to Adrenalin which is more yohimbe hcl and norephedrine hcl.
Training. Push.
Flat Barbell Presses:

135 x 6, 185 x 6, 205 x 6, 265 x 4.5 (!), 235 x 7, 210 x 8

Nice sets of flat BB presses today!! Really hit my chest very very hard with a good amount of weight. Actually thinking about decreasing the weight on my warmups because I feel like that is fatiguing me for my work sets. Maybe just in my head but I cant be dealing with that sh*t. Anyway jumped up to 265 lbs. for 4.5 reps. New PB baby!! Felt good about my set actually. Going to hit up 270 lbs. next week holy f*ck thats going to be insane. I have a feeling that with 270 lbs. Ill only get 2-3 reps. Not sure why. Feel like I am already starting to plateau with this exercise. Anyway dropped to 235 lbs. for 7. Up 5 lbs. from last week and the same # of reps. Nice strength increase. Then finally hit up 210 lbs. for 8 reps. Nice strength here too. Going to hit up 240 and 215 for my last 2 sets on this exercise.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:

90 x 3.5 (!), 70 x 6.5, 60 x 8

Nice sets of flat DB flyes tonight. Really hit my chest extremely hard. Good stretch and everything like that. Really hammered my pecs EXTREMELY hard nice a*s pump though from these sets. Started off with 90 lbs. DBs for 3.5 reps. Holy sh*t these felt heavy as f*cking hell. They really wiped me out pretty badly. Going to stick with the 90s next week no questions asked. Then I hit up the 70s and got 6.5 reps. Nice hard set here too. Nice stretch at the bottom of each rep. Going to increase on my second set to the 75s and see how I do with that. Finally I finished with the 60s for 8. Good final set. Hit my pecs extremely hard. Nice pump. Going to increase to the 65s for my last set of flyes.

45 x 4.5 (!), 35 x 7.5, 30 x 9

Good sets of side laterals today. Tried hard to make sure that I didnt push too much emphasis on my traps. Trying to keep the focus on my side delts and not my traps at all. Well see what happens though. Anyway good sets. Started off with a 45 lbs. DB for 4.5 reps. New PB which was good. Up from the 40s last week. Going to hit up a 50 lbs. DB next week actually. Second set dropped to a 35 lbs. DB. I am going to increase to a 40 lbs. DB for my second set since I got a full 6 reps. Trying hard to focus on my side-delts 100% with this movement. Finally with my final set I used a 30 lbs. DB and hammered my side delts hard for 9 reps. Going to hit up a 35 lbs. DB for my final set of laterals next week. See how that goes.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

150 x 5 (!), 135 x 5.5, 115 x 8

Awesome sets of skull crushers today!! Great way to finish off my workout, and fry my triceps completely. Wow this burnt them out like crazy. Started off with 150 lbs. for 5!! New PB baby, f*ck yeah. :thumbup::thumbup: Hehe hitting up 155 lbs. skulls next week which should be really insane. Thats going to be tough as f*ck. Then dropped to 135 lbs. for 5.5 reps. Good set, but my triceps were wiped the f*ck out. Sticking with 135 lbs. next week for my second work set. Finally finished off with 115 lbs. for 8 reps. This was a good set and truly to failure all the way. Hit my triceps hard. Got 8 reps which means Ill increase to 120 lbs. for my final work set of skulls next week. That should be impressive, because at this point my triceps are so f*cking flamed.
Training Length.
Lasted 40 minutes today. Pretty brief for the most part my rest periods were pretty damn short..
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 203 lbs. Good weight today I guess. Down 1.5 lbs. from yesterday I believe. Something like that. I dont quite remember actually. Hopefully Ill just end up hovering right around 200 lbs. for a little bit. Around 195 lbs. is my goal. Maybe even 190 lbs. Well see.

Johnny Vegas
07-17-2002, 12:07 AM
Working hard as always, and you're seeing fast results. Don't sweat the 270 next week. Just step up to the bench and get fired up. You got it, you know you got it.

MonStar
07-17-2002, 07:25 AM
Working hard as always, and you're seeing fast results. Don't sweat the 270 next week. Just step up to the bench and get fired up. You got it, you know you got it.

Thanks a lot for the support JV. Really really appreciate it, seriously. Yeah 270 is going to be a b*tch next week though. I dont know how many I am goint go get. 265 for 4 was hard as f*cking hell yesterday.

Anyway I was thinking about my goals and damn theyre f*cking high. 120s for flyes... :eek::eek:

MonStar
07-17-2002, 01:52 PM
DAY 8 | 7-17-2002

Comments.
Feel pretty good today I guess. So far I dont feel too fat but that will probably come later on tonight. In the early part of the day I rarely feel extremely fat but then as the day goes by I start to feel fatter and fatter and fatter.
Diet.

Meal 2: whole-wheat pasta + Ragu sauce + ground beef + skim milk

Meal 3: 1 apple

Meal 4: cinnamon + sugar + butter + 4 slice white bread

Meal 5: 1 pint Edy's ice-cream

Meal 6: pizza + soda + cheese bread + hot wings + chicken fingers + cheese sticks

:mad::mad: Stupid a*s binge. Going back to dieting and then refeeding so that should be fun.
Pain/Soreness.
Legs are still sore today. Not extreme but it doesnt feel good etiher. Calves ache a little. Chest and triceps are a little sore but nowhere near what I would have expected. Feel okay today actually.
Sleep.
Last night I got 6 hours of sleep. :mad::mad: My motherf*cking b*tch a*s Mom woke me up. I swear to God I cant deal with her any longer.
Supplements.
1g vitamin C 3x today
1 Adrenalin 2x today
Training. Rest.
N/A.
Training Length.
N/A.
Weight.
First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 202.5 lbs. Down .5 lbs. from yesterday but thats not too big of deal. I think that I took in a lot of calories yesterday. Oh well.

07-17-2002, 04:54 PM
hehe I've been telling you for months now that your excessive and extremely frequent refeeds were crap. Glad you finally got some sense about ya! :thumbup:

MonStar
07-17-2002, 05:58 PM
hehe I've been telling you for months now that your excessive and extremely frequent refeeds were crap. Glad you finally got some sense about ya! :thumbup:

I know Avatar and I never listened. And I am still not listening. Haha I get good results with my refeeds. Maybe not fat-loss wise because theyre like you said a bit excessive. But 36 hours of dieting with lower carbs and then 12 hours of refeeding I think is really what works well for me.

I am going to stick with that. Well see how things go in the future. A lot of guys say its crap but I beg to differ. :D:D

rookiebldr
07-17-2002, 06:24 PM

45 x 4.5 (!), 35 x 7.5, 30 x 9

Good sets of side laterals today. Tried hard to make sure that I didnt push too much emphasis on my traps. Trying to keep the focus on my side delts and not my traps at all.

Monstar, how are you making sure that you are not putting emphasis on your traps. I'm not sure if my current form for laterals are doing that and maybe I need to adjust.

I am going to stick with that. Well see how things go in the future. A lot of guys say its crap but I beg to differ.

So are you back doing to re-feeds again?

Magnus
07-17-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey Mike, what's your hang up on strength? It seems you are worried a lot about "will I make this weight next work out?" or "I can push X amount weight even if it's not a full range of motion," or "so and so is an expert because they bench 400" or whatever. Obviously those aren't exact quotes, but you seem to place a lot of value on how many plates someone can move or what DB they can fly (regardless of whether it's even a full ROM or with good form). If it's pure strength you are interested in GAINING however, then WSB seems the way to go. Are you going for hypertrophy or strength?? Magnus just doesn't get it...

MonStar
07-17-2002, 07:00 PM
Monstar, how are you making sure that you are not putting emphasis on your traps. I'm not sure if my current form for laterals are doing that and maybe I need to adjust.

Its really not as much about form as much as its about concentration for some reason. With me if I concentrate hard on my side delts then I really really get some awesome contractions in my delts. Otherwise the emphasis is kind of on my traps.

I try to make sure that I dont go higher than shoulder level either with each rep.

So are you back doing to re-feeds again?

Hell yeah. Full blown. :D:D

Ill cut and paste exactly what I am going to be doing. Thanks for checking out my journal, I was beginning to think you stopped reading.

MonStar
07-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Magnus
Hey Mike, what's your hang up on strength? It seems you are worried a lot about "will I make this weight next work out?" or "I can push X amount weight even if it's not a full range of motion," or "so and so is an expert because they bench 400" or whatever. Obviously those aren't exact quotes, but you seem to place a lot of value on how many plates someone can move or what DB they can fly (regardless of whether it's even a full ROM or with good form). If it's pure strength you are interested in GAINING however, then WSB seems the way to go. Are you going for hypertrophy or strength?? Magnus just doesn't get it...

I am going for both. Not one more than another at all. However, I do feel that strength and size go hand in hand. Good form is ALWAYS what I use and a full ROM is almost always what I use too. I only go to about 1-2" off of my chest in flat BB presses thats the only difference. And 1-2" above parallel in squats. No big deal.

Anyway strength is important to me, as is size. Thats why I am incorporating refeeds all over again. I really used to concentrate more on the contractions and the pumps and the gains I got from working out visually. Now I enjoy the gains visually and the gains strength wise. Both impress me. :):)

rookiebldr
07-17-2002, 07:12 PM
I think I understand what you mean about the raises. I suspect that that may be happening to me as well. I try and focus on the delt next time and see what happens. Just doing it now with out weight and I'm definitely hitting my traps.

Nope, I definitely haven't stopped reading. Sometimes, it's difficult to keep up with all the posts here. :D :D But I usually learn something from them.

MonStar
07-17-2002, 07:21 PM
My diet is going to look something like this.

Current weight: 205 lbs.

10x BW for the low-carb diet day (s)
10x BW + 500 for the refeed portion of day
calorie calculations take into account time frames
40P/40F/20C on "low"-carb diet days
75C/20P/5F in refeed portion of day
3 day split, working out every other day
DAY 1
2000 calories (200g protein, 100g carbs, 90g fat)

DAY 2
Pre-workout: 1000 calories (100g protein, 50g carbs, 45g fat)
Push Workout: 1 hour
Postworkout / Refeed: 2500 calories (75g protein, 600g carbs, 15g fat)

DAY 3

DAY 4
Pull Workout: 1 hour

DAY 5

DAY 6
Legs Workout: 1 hour

DAY 7
Repeat cycle from Day 1

MonStar
07-17-2002, 07:23 PM
I think I understand what you mean about the raises. I suspect that that may be happening to me as well. I try and focus on the delt next time and see what happens. Just doing it now with out weight and I'm definitely hitting my traps.

Nope, I definitely haven't stopped reading. Sometimes, it's difficult to keep up with all the posts here. :D :D But I usually learn something from them.

Yeah man it usually happens to me unless I focus hard on my delts then it really doesnt happen. Obviously I focused pretty hard because today my delts are f*cking killing me!!

Okay man thats cool I am glad that you havnt stopped reading. Would hate to be losing supporters. I know that it can get very annoying with me changing diets etc. every other hour but please stick with me. I have been keeping up with your journal too man.

When are you starting HST? I keep seeing "pre HST" in your journal.

Marcel
07-17-2002, 07:26 PM
Mike where did you get that plan from?

MonStar
07-17-2002, 07:28 PM
Mike where did you get that plan from?

Its what popular diet guru Par Deus followed. 36 hours of dieting followed by 12 hours of refeeding. Worked extremely well for him. Losing around 1-1.5 lbs. of fat per week. I hope to lose the same well see how things go with that.

I am trying to decide whether I should start my refeed approximately 2 hours before my workout or not. I am thinking that eating 1-2 pieces of fruit maybe 2 hours before my workout will refill glycogen and help out with my workout.

Magnus
07-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Squats and Bench were essentially what Magnus was talking about. We have examined your squat ROM in other threads and if you had to do a legal squat it would probably be 350 or lower instead of 450 (Wasn't it Belial who lost 100 from changing his ROM to legal depth?). Magnus has a friend who leg presses 1000+ (last workout you were in the 600s) and his LEGAL squat PR - Magnus spotted it - is 305.

Why not just put 600 lbs. on your back, bend your legs a touch, and call it a squat max?? It's essentially the same thing. Mike, just lift for yourself and do what makes you happy- but if you are going to have your PRs as your SIGNATURE, why not specify for everyone else and yourself it's with a cheat or not a full ROM.

Does Magnus think you use a cheat on your Barbell Curls, or that your form looks like Arnold's (great scene in Pumping Iron) when you do your flyes? Honestly no. That doesn't mean you are a liar - not at all, a lot of people support you at WBB - It's just you bounce from routine to routine and journal to journal and diet to diet, so it seems consistent with that behavior that your form/ROM on certain exercises might not be "perfect."

Not trying to knock you here or offend you, just trying to help. Hey, you're up to day 8 on this journal, so let's see what happens...

Marcel
07-17-2002, 07:32 PM
Yea, I thought I had read something like that before and it was indeed Par Deus. (give him credit where it's due dawg.)

I've got my own hybrid-plan for fat loss also.

Anyways good luck. It will work. Stick to it.