PDA

View Full Version : Training video with a new twist - added in audio

vdizenzo
11-17-2012, 08:10 PM
New experiment with my video. Decided to video a little from each exercise instead of just bench. Also threw in some audio to explain the what and why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P85WITJgPF4

Rock1984
11-17-2012, 10:01 PM
The Cult is always cool...
The way I see it -and I'm a way weaker and less experienced lifter - your lockout issue doesn't seem to be strength related: I think you just need to "squeeze" your elbows to full lockout, even in this video you look to be 1/2" away in modt reps.

ScottYard
11-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Cool Vid. Solid beard!

vdizenzo
11-18-2012, 04:33 PM
The Cult is always cool...
The way I see it -and I'm a way weaker and less experienced lifter - your lockout issue doesn't seem to be strength related: I think you just need to "squeeze" your elbows to full lockout, even in this video you look to be 1/2" away in modt reps.

The way you see it is incorrect. I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately my elbows don't fully lockout like most. I wish my elbows actually hyperextended so my lockout would be blatantly obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case. This is what I have so this is what I work with.

Rock1984
11-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Ok, I didn't know this! Thanks for the clarification.

Judas
11-19-2012, 03:17 AM
The way you see it is incorrect. I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately my elbows don't fully lockout like most. I wish my elbows actually hyperextended so my lockout would be blatantly obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case. This is what I have so this is what I work with.

Is this something that happened as you got stronger? I've noticed that a LOT ov elite benchers have this issue. My elbows are starting to give me grief, and its been a very slow very steady process as my bench started getting really strong. Now that i've finally hit a true double bodyweight bench i'm finding the elbow issue (that makes it harder and harder to fully lock out) is just getting worse. I've known a few guys that started with human benches (and normal lockout ROM) and over the years ended up with elbow issues ov varying severities and reduced ROMS, as they got closer and closer to a true elite level bench.

You bench 600 raw, yes? How where your elbows and lockout when you could only bench 315?

Edit: heh... thats assuming you were ever that weak...

mike95763
11-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I think some people aren't used to seeing an arm with meat on it. Every press looked completely locked out. Great video, I really liked seeing the lighter assistance stuff too.

vdizenzo
11-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Cool Vid. Solid beard!

Nicest thing you could have said to me.

Is this something that happened as you got stronger? I've noticed that a LOT ov elite benchers have this issue. My elbows are starting to give me grief, and its been a very slow very steady process as my bench started getting really strong. Now that i've finally hit a true double bodyweight bench i'm finding the elbow issue (that makes it harder and harder to fully lock out) is just getting worse. I've known a few guys that started with human benches (and normal lockout ROM) and over the years ended up with elbow issues ov varying severities and reduced ROMS, as they got closer and closer to a true elite level bench.

You bench 600 raw, yes? How where your elbows and lockout when you could only bench 315?

Edit: heh... thats assuming you were ever that weak...

I had terrible problems with my elbows when I was a young athlete in high school. I was constantly getting therapy for them. My lockout has always looked the same regardless of bar weight or bodyweight. It is such a curse. As a result I have gotten good calls and bad calls over the years. I have just chalked it up (pardon the pun) to being my own problem. There are much bigger worries in the world.

Judas
11-21-2012, 03:40 AM
I had terrible problems with my elbows when I was a young athlete in high school. I was constantly getting therapy for them. My lockout has always looked the same regardless of bar weight or bodyweight. It is such a curse. As a result I have gotten good calls and bad calls over the years. I have just chalked it up (pardon the pun) to being my own problem. There are much bigger worries in the world.

Damn... i was hoping this was something that developed over the years as you got stronger, and you could give me some tips (ie: what not to do) to avoid it. Its getting bad enough i cant even train triceps anymore, and its starting to affect my bench. I DONT want to become one ov those lifters that cant lock out their arms...

larsen540
11-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Good stuff Vin

ScottYard
11-21-2012, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=vdizenzo;2598885]Nicest thing you could have said to me.

I am to please!